Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NTs have this side to them. I can see it. Especially when they talk about things. But I want to know thinkers perspective on how they think they might act, from personal perspective, similar to the dreamer stereotype. What they might find they hold similar to NFs too because NFs relate to this kind of behavior.

Reactions: Cobble

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What's constitutes a dreamer better than the phrase "What if--?"

Amusingly, I've been called "practical" by NFs, and "hopelessly lacking in common sense" by STPs. Just a matter of perspective, as always.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I can be very idealistic (some would say naive) when I think about my relationships with people. That's not to say i think everyone is good though; in social interactions, i'm cynical in my plans but i hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There's a very tiny speck of hope within me which dreams that humanity will not self destruct, although it's likely that it will.

·
Banned
374 Posts
I'm currently in love with an ENTJ.
But I don't really want to date him.
Because, I know that I prefer the idea I have of him than the real him.
I don't love him, I love the idea of chasing an ideal.

And I do that with nearly anything.
I love to dream and fantasize - in order to walk toward something - while being totally conscious that (deep inside me) I don't wish to succeed because reality will never fit my expectation.

While walking toward this empty dream, I enjoy the walk,
And that's my real joy in my endless pursuit. Enjoy my every step, while dreaming of the next ones.

I wonder if that's twisted. But I love living this way.

As long as I dream of a future, there's something to look upon, and somewhere to go. It keeps me enthusiastic, it keeps me in motion. As long as I know it's only a void dream, I can enjoy everything the way it is, and be aware of what the world has to truly offer.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
My sheer idealism, my boundless indignation, and my penchant for thinking up elaborate speeches to an audience which I probably will never entertain.

I dream more than anyone I know. I romanticize the smallest virtue and overestimate the negative impact of the smallest vice. If you simply stalk me around a bit, you'd almost think I'm an INFJ or something.

Reactions: Cobble

·
Registered
77 Posts
For me it's that the possibilities of what something could be tend to outweigh the concrete reality of what it really is. It could be something extremely obvious to most people, but I'll constantly question "what if" there's more to it than that. Yea 7 billion people disagree with me on a certain thing, but "what if" I end up being the only person that's correct? Kinda reminds me of a time in elementary school when the teacher gave the class a math problem. It was a trick question and I was the only one that caught it. Everyone else in my class thought I was an idiot before the teacher revealed that I was actually the only person that got it right lol. I understand that these scenarios are pretty rare, but the possibility of me figuring out something that no one else can excites me way too much to give up on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess in a way of being able to think outside the box if it comes to the possibilities ahead? I do consider myself quite a dreamer but I also plan a lot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am absolutely a dreamer. Most of my life takes place in my head.

In the external world there is not as much in common. I am ruthlessly realistic in the external world, with one exception. When having a good conversation with someone the landscapes of my internal world will start seeping out. The closer I am to someone the more color and detail the picture will have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts