Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
She looks great for a 500 year old.... what's her secret?

Man... playing sacrificial lamb of civilizations prior has got to be rough... how does one begin to even convince that those traditions were barbaric and wrong if one was able to go back in time?

Such is the course of evolution, I suppose... the beliefs will be grown out of due to trend and passing.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just find the whole thing very sad. Yes it's amazing that the bodies are still so well preserved but they're nothing more than children who were sent to die.
and? ........

Reactions: D7ark7

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just thought its weird thing to say. 500 years ago people lived very different lives.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
She looks great for a 500 year old.... what's her secret?

Man... playing sacrificial lamb of civilizations prior has got to be rough... how does one begin to even convince that those traditions were barbaric and wrong if one was able to go back in time?

Such is the course of evolution, I suppose... the beliefs will be grown out of due to trend and passing.
Yeah, cuz it's so much better now in this Golden Age we're living in...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Yeah, cuz it's so much better now in this Golden Age we're living in...

Iono... even though there's female oppression still now in this day and age... at least virgins, girls, beautiful or otherwise aren't used as sacrificial lambs in this day and age?

Is that even a bright side of optimism, even? I'm not even sure now... back then, it's young and die early... now it's cross fingers and pray the pain doesn't draw out over time... the difference now is there are more choices... but even that, there's a fine margin thick and thin...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iono... even though there's female oppression still now in this day and age... at least virgins, girls, beautiful or otherwise aren't used as sacrificial lambs in this day and age?

Is that even a bright side of optimism, even? I'm not even sure now... back then, it's young and die early... now it's cross fingers and pray the pain doesn't draw out over time... the difference now is there are more choices... but even that, there's a fine margin thick and thin...
it annoys me when people act like we're living in some hell hole

women rights only came in about 50 years ago

slaves wernt that long ago

homosexuality has only been accepted recently

plus technology, one click away from all the information in the world, billions of people live like what a king would of lived like 100 years ago, so many people housed with shelter, water, law enforcement

medicine.... something like 150-200 years ago no one even knew what germs were!

we're on a constant progression so i dont see why you need to play the victim when its just not the case.

Reactions: D7ark7

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
we're on a constant progression so i dont see why you need to play the victim when its just not the case.
I do not deny the fact that mankind is in a state of progression with all their technological prowl and advancements. However, civilization had to have start somewhere. To have gotten to where we are, we cannot overlook how we got here in the first place.

There will always be people who see things the same way you're explaining it centuries after us. And therefore, this argument.

This applies to medical sciences too. using tourniquets without anesthetics, etc. and whatnot.

Take for example, how you're comparing recent changes compared to historical false beliefs. But yet, there's still false beliefs happening in this day and age. It's still not a perfect society. It's just a 'more comfortable' hell hole than the previous ancestral generations' hell hole. I would necessarily substitute 'more comfortable' for 'better', due to lost in emphasis.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well yeah i agree, and i didnt say anything to the contrary

as for the people who will always complain, yeah youre right there to. but thats because of their ignorance of the subject. im sure if they actually knew about history and how things have come to be they would see it differently

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
women rights only came in about 50 years ago
Still have a long way to go and most women are oppressed throughout the world, particularly the Middle East, because of Medieval notions of gender roles.

slaves wernt that long ago
Slaves still exist.

homosexuality has only been accepted recently
Homosexuality was never an issue in some time periods (Greeks and Romans). It seems like we are slowly climbing ourselves out of a massive digression when it comes to sexuality.

plus technology, one click away from all the information in the world, billions of people live like what a king would of lived like 100 years ago, so many people housed with shelter, water, law enforcement
We're also one click away from blowing up the entire world. The 20th century was historically the bloodiest century ever recorded. This is also a very Westernized view to take.

medicine.... something like 150-200 years ago no one even knew what germs were!

It depends how you define "progression." We're a lot more disconnected as a society; now we have "civilized" killings as opposed to "barbaric"; I could go on and on....

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I just find the whole thing very sad. Yes it's amazing that the bodies are still so well preserved but they're nothing more than children who were sent to die.
Yeah, at least now when we send children off to die it is to fight in wars.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still have a long way to go and most women are oppressed throughout the world, particularly the Middle East, because of Medieval notions of gender roles.

Slaves still exist.
hence 'progression'

Homosexuality was never an issue in some time periods (Greeks and Romans). It seems like we are slowly climbing ourselves out of a massive digression when it comes to sexuality.
i dont know about that

We're also one click away from blowing up the entire world. The 20th century was historically the bloodiest century ever recorded. This is also a very Westernized view to take.
maybe because population has risen about 900% in the past century ?

It depends how you define "progression." We're a lot more disconnected as a society; now we have "civilized" killings as opposed to "barbaric"; I could go on and on....
true. but our main goal is survival. mental well being comes second.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts