Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Inception was, in my opinion, a technical masterpiece, as far as the story goes. So many themes and symbols wrapped into the story--"you're waiting for a train..."--it felt as if I were reading a book, and this was what my mind envisioned it as.
That said, I wouldn't call it my favorite movie by far, as the characters weren't particularly developed, with one exception. I prefer movies with a commentary on the bigger scheme of things and more dynamic characters. I'd probably call Braveheart my favorie...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I
That said, I wouldn't call it my favorite movie by far, as the characters weren't particularly developed
Perhaps that could be intentional given one of the theories (which I won't say here because this forum probably lacks spoiler tags)

Reactions: under skies

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mulhulland Drive is the best film in the last ten years imo.

In the mood for love is more of an 'INFP movie' I think.

Inception was surprisingly straightforward and not much of a mindfuck...It was good for what it was-a summer blockbuster.
i agree, I really did enjoy Inception but it was not all it was cracked up to be I think.

I also agree about In the Mood for Love!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well I went into the theater not knowing a thing about the movie or having seen any trailers for it & was extremely satisfied. My friends & I discussed it well into the night, and tagged along with other friends the next night for a second show.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
Can't lie, I saw this movie twice. And actually I almost got close to crying at the end. So close to almost crying... Actually the closest I can currently remember.

4,757 Posts
I loved it! I was totally engrossed in the film - which hasn't to been the case for a movie in the cinemas since well, years. It was satisfyingly complex without been stupidly and unnecessarily dense. Jesus, the end - so sad.

It wasn't a total mindfuck, but goddamnit it was good movie! Definitely like reading an good book.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I greatly enjoyed the movie, one that i'll buy for sure when its out.. but all of my friends are impressed with it. I don't think its the ultimate infp movie.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Funny, I turned down an offer to see Inception recently, and suddenly all sorts of people are talking about it. Maybe I shouldn't be such a meanie.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never explained why I feel it is such an INFP movie - really hard without spoiling the movie to be honest - those that have seen it will understand ...all I can say is despite the bland surface (its deliberate) there is more happening in the movie than you realise. It's unemotional at first glance...until you understand the endings for the 2 main characters.Very INFP - to be perceived as bland with lots going on under the surface. I wish it was 30 minutes longer so there wasn't as much exposition (my only real criticism of the film)

·
Registered
181 Posts
*Spoiler Alert!*

Hmm ok so as an INFP movie would it be safe to say as it deals with dreams that could be one of the reasons it could fall under this category? I'm sorta getting the hang of what an INFP is seen as. I've heard INFPs are really into dreams (which I highly am). I'm assuming that many of the people writing here have already seen the movie? Hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone but

-The concept of reality? That really hit me. The idea that was planted into his wife's mind. Man I've had some rough spells of that many times. (Depersonalization / De realization sufferer)

-A dream within a dream...I've experienced that more than once. (I'll try to work on my bio...but I've experienced sleep paralysis and that is some messed up stuff.)

-The ending of the movie was brilliant. The ending of the movie made the entire movie!! It involved the audience and you were now the one questioning which was a dream and what wasn't. What was the purpose of the entire "intrusion" of the dreams in the first place. Perhaps it wasn't the main character who changed others ideas but his own were changed un beknownst to him.

It's on my list of "that was some messed up stuff" list.

By the way...I recommend "Numb" for the dissociation crap and "The Fall" ...costumes are beautiful and it made me cry. ( From the director of "The Cell" ...played by JLO also one of my fav's cuz of the dream scape imagery)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I watched this movie last night and was like....whaaa......? Before I saw it somebody at work explained the story line to me thank goodness. I enjoyed the effects and the acting was good. I cried a little bit at the end when it showed the scene with the old people walking and holding hands...and the children. But yeah, I need somebody to sit down and explain it to me. :crazy: Got the gist of the story line but I can't be bothered to think that hard during a movie.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
Just an FYI, The top isn't Dom's Totem

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts