Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the ENTP forums, as I used to be an INFp, and, in a sudden turn of life, metamorphised into a strong willed, quick witted ENTP.

My strong desire for words has caused me to finally post my first thread on here. As tricksters and jugglers of words of all types, and a quick way of instilling marvelous ideas by using the most mellifluous and rare words, I'd like to request one thing.
One single thing.

Give me all the strangest, silliest, rarest, skilled/advanced, awesomest words that you know. Fire them away! I need these words for my vocabulary! I need to expand it! Enlarge it! It'll help me enlarge all of our brains! But please, keep the words REAL!

Thanks.
I'm a total noob in this forum.
Tell me if this request is strange.
(But I still want those words!)

·
Banned
557 Posts
This request of yours is not strange at all. It is good that you seek knowledge of new words. So here's some words for you:

1) Conjecture= Speculation, assumption
2) Addendum= Something conjoined, added
3) Query= Demand for answers
4) Blithe= Happy
5) Atramentacious= Black like ink, inky
6) Erudite= Characterized by great knowlegde, learned or scholarly
7) Anomalous= Incongruous or inconsistent
8) Pro Bono= To work for the good of the public rather than for a profit or income
9) Altrustic= Unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others
10) Candor= The state or quality of being frank, open and sincere in speech or expression; candidness.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the ENTP forums, as I used to be an INFp, and, in a sudden turn of life, metamorphised into a strong willed, quick witted ENTP.

My strong desire for words has caused me to finally post my first thread on here. As tricksters and jugglers of words of all types, and a quick way of instilling marvelous ideas by using the most mellifluous and rare words, I'd like to request one thing.
One single thing.

Give me all the strangest, silliest, rarest, skilled/advanced, awesomest words that you know. Fire them away! I need these words for my vocabulary! I need to expand it! Enlarge it! It'll help me enlarge all of our brains! But please, keep the words REAL!

Thanks.
I'm a total noob in this forum.
Tell me if this request is strange.
(But I still want those words!)
you
are
still
an
INFP
:tongue:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I know that people have asked you this several times before and I don't really know if you've answered it, but how do you change types?!

·
Registered
722 Posts
From what i've read as well as talking to other people that are on this site you can't change your type it's genetic...if Entrepenuer weren't banned he'd probably be going off about it right now.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Haha, no you didn't.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
This thread title turns me on.

Affinity - a natural liking for or attraction
Epitome - a person or thing that is typical of or possesses to a high degree the features of a whole class
Miser - a person who lives in wretched circumstances in order to save or hoard money
Modicum - a small portion; a limited quantity
Visceral - characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; of or pertaining to the viscera
Crunk - a mixture of the word crazy and drunk :laughing: jk

Source: various online dictionaries. Too lazy to write my own definitions. Also too lazy to think of more words than this.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Dissemble=Conceal one's true motives, feelings, or beliefs
Dissumulate=Conceal or disguise (one's thoughts, feelings, or character)
Dilettante=A person who claims an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.
Fabrication= a product of fabrication; especially : lie, falsehood

BTW: I have a hard time believing you changed from INFP to ENTP. I know a bit about both types, having been married an INFP poster girl, uber-sensitive passive-aggressive dreamer alcoholic division. I have tested at times as INTP and I think ESTP once or twice, but I think it's almost impossible for one to go from being an INFP to an ENTP unless there are heavy drugs involved.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Amalgamate - fusion or blend
Gesticulate - to overuse dramatic gestures
Hypoprosexic - inability to concentrate on any one thing for a long period of time. Think ADD. Think ExxP.
Mélange - a mix of things
Mêlée - brawl
Orate - to talk in a way that is obnoxiously formal and makes you come off as a pretentious ass
Superfluous - excessive and/or unnecessary

I sometimes gesticulate in the hallways because I'm hypoprosexic. I don't always stand out in a good way when I do that.

LMFAAAAOOO, my old ENTP buddy and I used to looove coming up with sentences that sound pervy but really aren't.

Also, you don't "become" a type. You were either mistyped the whole time or you're still an INFP.

Whether I'm an ENTP is still subject to debate.

·
Registered
ENTP
359 Posts
She was schussing down the pistal in the dingle. The sartorial nature of her retral area was nearly lascivious, having a lubricious quality. She had become a maven as a Volapük to Esperanto translator. For fun, she gave ineffable yet perfervid commentary to her gormless pursuers while staring at their glabella She was a sesquipedalian juggernaut, and erumpet fizgig, leaving nugatory nabobs in her wake, a lexophile's delight.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
it is very important to know about what sort of non-existent toxins exist out there - this way when you are feeling paranoid that somebody is about to poison you, or may be if you have already been poisoned and are slowly dying, you can describe it to police or your doctor in words:

List of fictional toxins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and yes it is not possible to change your type unless you suffer some kind of brain damage
if it was possible i'd be flipping types every week ^^

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh man I thought you were getting at word play per se'. I love it. I’m Mexican and we have a great tradition called Albur. Very fun and you use it display your mental agility. It’s usually a Competition between men to establish dominance. between the sexes it's used for fun.

I thought this example up earlier today (how providential). It’s about a guy trying to pick up a lady while on a bike ride.

Hey, you look like you need a ride and I have a bike so how about it? I know you're not supposed to take ride from strangers and lord knows there is no one stranger than me but come on it'll be fun! I just got my bike fixed and I got a new kick-stand, see... it feels funny. It throws off the balance. You’d think that I’d lean more on the side the kick stand's on but paradoxically I’m going the opposite way. I guess I’m overcompensating. I’m not one of those guys though... except on the bike of course. So what do you say?

Reactions: Conscience

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
BTW: I have a hard time believing you changed from INFP to ENTP. I know a bit about both types, having been married an INFP poster girl, uber-sensitive passive-aggressive dreamer alcoholic division. I have tested at times as INTP and I think ESTP once or twice, but I think it's almost impossible for one to go from being an INFP to an ENTP unless there are heavy drugs involved.
I dunno. I think if you're going purely by test results, it's possible. I test as INFP from time to time :/

·
Registered
6,423 Posts

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I dunno. I think if you're going purely by test results, it's possible. I test as INFP from time to time :/
That's true, but I don't think those test results would necessarily make her an ENTP.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The words below are literally proper English - from the Oxford Dictionary - a la, the BIBLE of the English Language. Use these, and you'll not only sound like a pipe-smoking intellectual, you'll sound progressively-minded. Sprinkle these in your answers during your next job interview.

Kahlua: Now, a drink for the Educated Elite. If drunk in excess, please see entry Projectile Vomit.
Projectile Vomit: (NOTE: isn't this redundant? "Projectile" is something that is thrown, and "Vomit" means to throw up. Bah. Whatever. The phrase "the English Language" is somewhat redundant itself)
Cow Pie: made from packed fudge and naturally processed chlorophyll. Surprisingly, it's dairy free.
Problemo: yo kno mo' Espanisho
Chill Pill: Ask your pharmacist for this. A slow release version of Happy Pills.
Argh
D'oh!
Bootylicious - Next year to be added: Tittylicious - this, unlike cow pie, is NOT dairy free.
Club Hop: localized recreational globalization
Bakkie: A small truck. Next year to be added: the word for SUV - the Mommie.

My favorite all-time word? apoptosis. How is apoptosis like a suicidal prisoner? They both involve death in a cell. :crazy: I love my lame jokes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a hybrid ENTP INTP, and both sides are readily apparent.

Wordplay is one of my favorite concepts in the world. I suggest you write down words you come across that you don't know. Specifically study adjectives and verbs, nouns can become too specific or scientific and don't convey connections well.

Buy a rhyming dictionary. I love mine. I've always had a broad vocabulary that came naturally, but with more words you can dictate exactly what you want to say. People always tell me 'You could have said that so much simpler', but I'm proud of my natural inclination to express myself.

Go for it! I'm stoked for you!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts