Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed the deterioration of my intuition, It has made me depressed. Today i was reading a book on one of my heroes, bill hicks, and i was astounded at his creative abilities and spirituality. Something I've dreamed of being apart of for years. So you can imagine that my creativity and spirituality have gone down with my intuition and I wish to rehabilitate these three things within myself. I want to reach a new level of my intuition, my creativity and spirituality. I want to begin with intuition. Any advice, things I should do, herbal teas to drink, etc would be great.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I don't think this is how intuition (or any function) works. It would be like someone saying "you know I've just lost my ability to think lately." Now certainly people say stuff like this in the moment if they have a loss for thoughts, or something is bothering them, but their actual ability to think is just fine. We certainly wouldn't say something like this about Sensation (imagine a Se-dom saying "you know I find myself not being able to use my five senses lately." We would think that person had some sort of psychological problem.

I think the issue here is your definition of intuition. Intuitions are just flashes. Often vague, nebulous notions, gut-feelings and the like. Much harder to define than people think. A way of sorta knowing without knowing. Of seeing without seeing. And as such only come every so often. Even dominant Intuitives, who sort of live in the world of trusting their intuitions do not have intuitions every second. It's just that when they do, they tend to favor those intuitions over more practical input. But I'm sure even Bill Hicks would admit he was neither wholly spiritual or creative 100% of the time.

Anytime you find yourself at a loss for something you used to be comfortable with, you have to figure out what has replaced it. Often when Intuitives get in the grip of their inferior function their ability to make good judgments about their intuitions falters (they still have intuitions like all of us, but often their Inferior Sensation can play hell with those perceptions). In your case as a INFP (I presume from your profile), that's going to be much, much less the case as INFPs are Feeling types, so the tendency here will be a seeming loss of ability to evaluate properly (Feeling) or becoming too clinical, conceptual, rigid, categorical, lawyerly, etc (Inferior Thinking) and of course when the inferior function begins to take over all the functions can suffer, but for Feeling types the void will largely be felt from the standpoint of Feeling (ability to evaluate). For me as an Intuitive (INFJ) i know that when I get in the grip of Inferior Se, my ability to be 'big-picture oriented' or intuit things beyond what I'm currently experiencing goes down the drain (or at least my conscious control over these things) and my intuitions will take a negative bent.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This might help.

“I can’t believe that,” said Alice.
“Can’t you?” the Queen said in a pitying tone. “Try
again, draw a long breath and shut your eyes.”
Alice laughed, “There is no use trying,” she said, “one can’t believe impossible things.”
“I daresay you haven’t had much practice,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast.”
–Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Can you elaborate?
A diet without meat lifts a 'pressure' from the top of the head, usually associated with the the crown chakra, making you more open to the universal consciousness. It does for example make out-of-body-experiences and astral projection easier. At worst I've heard that a vegetarian diet doesn't do anything for some, which wouldn't really be a harmful side-effect considering the potential benefit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts