Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spontaneous Evolution! - @Lady Nurture

This evening, I was feeling a familiar, creeping sense of mental and physical energy atrophy that tends to happen in light of only being able to detail the extent of what I call 'problems' but not the elusive solutions to them.
Inexplicably, something grabbed me by the spirit and lifted me from where I was.
Without a plan, without much thought except to act, I pulled on jeans, a shirt, a fleece jacket and sneakers and decided, "I'll go check the mail."
That I did, but my prerogative was quite different; I really wanted to walk. I ended up beneath beautiful, crisp spring weather and did not waiver, except to answer a phone call with my mother and to just continue walking. I wasn't just meandering; I was power-stomping, strutting, running in my own way away from who I was just moments before. My soul was sprinting.
I felt, "I'm alive, am I not?" and called on the heavens in my mind to keep my road clear so that I could enjoy the day and truly wake myself from the inside out. It was as if another part of me (in a drunken stupor caused by erratic sleeping habits and even more erratic emotions) finally said, "Enough is enough, GET UP," and I adhered to this inner voice.
Oddly, I felt most like my ISFP mother than ever before, and understood need within my soul. The soul cannot comprehend mental limitations, when it itself is eternal. It asked "Why?" of me and to be honest, I had no answer but for it to show me what it craved. I called on the part of my mother that dwells within me to remind me of what strength is, this fierce fascination with action for the sake of action, breathing for the sake of breathing.
All of this, from a simple thirty to forty five minute walk around a place that looks unremarkably like just another unassuming, drab collection of apartment buildings in which people live.
That's exactly what it is; but there's a stream that never stops bubbling, trees that always inhabit different forms of life, bushes that stand sentinel housing any number of buzzing things and lovely, giant pink flowers blooming unabashedly bright beside the door leading out. Life still thrums beneath the facade, life is churning beneath the grass, in the clouds, across the stream. And I'm a part of it; I can create an alcove of my room, push away the sunlight that greets me by crushing the blinds together with all my might, but I am a part of it. And I, through my own apathy, was keeping my soul down yet another day, another day I was bound to deem by nightfall to have been "wasted."
I would undoubtedly have counted myself unlucky; once again fallen into that apathy and sense of loss that has more to do with mental exhaustion and low physical upkeep and self-imprisonment than anything else!
So now I will wait upon that voice to call again; or maybe it was only supposed to call once and now it is my responsibility to take action. Again, action for the sake of action; movement is the essence of Life so why should I feel that though external circumstances claim all is on pause, that I should be too? I am not, I will not be on pause. I will continue to move and enjoy my private dance with Life, even as it comes peeping in as sunlight or a soft breeze through the window. I welcome it all!

My epiphany: What you should feel you have had enough of is not of Life, necessarily, but of all the things that make you believe you are experiencing an absence of it and that this is to be expected, to be the norm.This is a sickness that should be stricken from the mind and soul. Life can never be rid of you; it is you.
So, get up and out; push away that half-sipped cup of Coke and throw away the Doritos bag.
The illusion is this: that you can do nothing about how you feel. The truth is as follows: Life is waiting just outside your window. It wants to welcome you, so rise up and join it.
Rain or shine, it will be there.
Do not harden your heart to the simple pleasures of life.
Engage your senses, and wait in that fitful, quiet anticipation of those opportunities that await you.
But in the moments between, live simply and privately in awe of that never-ending essence of Life in everything.

Now, I appeal to you: Please share any of your incredible stories, moments, memories, dreams, etc. in which you felt renewed, re-established in who you are, etc. Anything from a particular moment you were lucky enough to witness to a simple encounter with someone you admire, what was it about that moment that made you feel refreshed? No moment is too small or insignificant, when Life finds you and acts to grab your attention!
Supplementary: What kinds of activities do you do, specifically, to find this sense of renewal?

Thanks and best wishes to all! @Lady Nurture <3

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
That was awesome. Epiphanies.. great moments in life.. I feel like I have so many that I don't know where to begin. And I wanted to start a thread like this one time but I wasn't sure if people would love life as much as I do sometimes. It's hard to explain but sometimes everything just gives me chills. My own thoughts about the beauty of a concept, such as a family and how many of them there are, and the lives everyone, and friendships. That was recently. Sometimes I just look at something and think of the concept behind it, and I feel amazed.

Sometimes when bad things happen, it in itself is a beautiful thing, but only because it truly represents the essence of life, that good and bad things happen. Everything is perfectly imperfect. I find it beautiful that everyone has a life.

Many times when I'm driving, I see all the cars and people and I think about how everyone is interconnected. I think about human nature and how even though we have new technologies and ways of life, we are still humans flying down the high way at 70 mph. I think about how it was probably never envisioned that such technology would exist. The concept of a human being traveling 70 mph, in a complex vehicle, talking on a cell phone to someone half way across the country. To the humans in the past: who would have ever thought that would be possible? And airplanes?

I have so many complex thoughts about people and the universe and it give me chills all the time. I just get chills all the time. I don't know, I'm easily inspired. I try to envision future generations of people, and what the world will be like when I'm very old. Sometimes very simple things make me happy. I bought a notebook for $1.29 and I was so happy because it wasn't just a bunch of sheets of paper, it symbolized the potential for hundreds of ideas that could change the course of my life.

But yeah, those are some of the things I think about when I have incredible moments.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was awesome. Epiphanies.. great moments in life.. I feel like I have so many that I don't know where to begin. And I wanted to start a thread like this one time but I wasn't sure if people would love life as much as I do sometimes. It's hard to explain but sometimes everything just gives me chills. My own thoughts about the beauty of a concept, such as a family and how many of them there are, and the lives everyone, and friendships. That was recently. Sometimes I just look at something and think of the concept behind it, and I feel amazed.

Sometimes when bad things happen, it in itself is a beautiful thing, but only because it truly represents the essence of life, that good and bad things happen. Everything is perfectly imperfect. I find it beautiful that everyone has a life.

Many times when I'm driving, I see all the cars and people and I think about how everyone is interconnected. I think about human nature and how even though we have new technologies and ways of life, we are still humans flying down the high way at 70 mph. I think about how it was probably never envisioned that such technology would exist. The concept of a human being traveling 70 mph, in a complex vehicle, talking on a cell phone to someone half way across the country. To the humans in the past: who would have ever thought that would be possible? And airplanes?

I have so many complex thoughts about people and the universe and it give me chills all the time. I just get chills all the time. I don't know, I'm easily inspired. I try to envision future generations of people, and what the world will be like when I'm very old. Sometimes very simple things make me happy. I bought a notebook for $1.29 and I was so happy because it wasn't just a bunch of sheets of paper, it symbolized the potential for hundreds of ideas that could change the course of my life.

But yeah, those are some of the things I think about when I have incredible moments.
@Ntuitive , thank you for sharing! I completely understand what you mean; I marvel most when I'm at a mall or perhaps, an amusement park. I wonder if people realize the singular experience they are having with several hundred other human beings.
There was one instance where my father spontaneously stopped during a road trip back home, and we visited a place called Bush Kill, which is a place that has several hiking trails leading up to a miraculous thing called Bush Kill Falls. People kept stopping me to take their picture. Mind you, my parents were only a few feet ahead of me, but I politely obliged.
For every photo I snapped of a couple, I wonder still, "I'll never truly know you, but I was the one who took that photo."
Do people understand the brevity of small moments, the echoing significance? I get dizzy in overly packed areas because of this very principle: All I can understand is how very little I will know about the stranger that just passed by. However, what cannot be undone is that initial interaction, however brief.
Thank you for sharing your incredible moments; it's quite what I was trying to bring across in my own epiphany!
I'm still marveling about amusement parks; bonding happens left and right, at the precipice of some terrifying ride, and yet humans are sheepish to admit it. There's no stronger a sense of camaraderie than being dangerously close to soiling your pants before going on a ride that will propel you on a track at breakneck speeds...for fun.
But we're terrified of admitting these moments happen! :laughing:

Reactions: Ntuitive
1 - 3 of 3 Posts