Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever experienced that there are two people whom you love very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much enough that you trust in your heart that they will always be there, but lately in this stage of your life you subtly want to tell them,''you don't have to watch over me all the time, I can take care of myself'' and you don't know how to show it yet even though you're getting there?

Let me explain more clearly first in case people misunderstand :crazy: I have a few very stable, real bonds in my life; they are the most caring and genuine people one can ever have. On instinctive and emotional levels, I know that they love me very much. I will never drop them, I just want them to readjust to a new me that's coming out (I feel like a part of it is still in the closet)

It's just lately I'm fighting within myself (VERY obvious from my threads, my spamming and my blog). I like being who I am now, it's my most personal preference but at times, the old me who wants to be protected like before, start creeping in again. It creates a conflict that causes me to reanalyze and create more strategies for my own self growth. (Yes I am deep and self analyzing like that okay! Don't laugh)

I know that they will still accept me the way I am now, it's just I have a feeling they will have difficulties getting used to it, and it might take a very long time. How do I give off the message,''you don't have to watch over me all the time'' in the way I deal with things without making it seem like I don't care anymore?

I feel a bit guilty, I am at fault because I used to rely on them too much to protect me and of course they got used to assuming the roles as 'protectors/saviors' in my life. However, I don't want to be saved anymore. I want to be loved, but not saved and overly pampered.

Oh well what to do? I'm an INFP.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Don't laugh I'm being my INFP self)

Psychological dialogue within oneself

Old self: But I like where I was! I felt so comforted and happy as if there's someone who can love me and save me all the time. It feels like home, like a family attachment, I already get attached, I'll be sad with too many changes... bla bla bla

New self: You are so weak!! Get the HELL out of your comfort zone!! You want to be like this for the rest of your life?

Currently my new self is assuming more dominance, but it's still a fight :crazy:

I am the one with issues reconciling the past and present.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering how INFP's struggle if they're growing in that direction as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts