Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an older INFJ.

I do not fit into the square and will never want to.

I find as I get older I stand out more and more.

Everyone my age that I know is into music styles etc that I think are lame.

I dress for my age but listen to and enjoyed moden music.

No one my age gets me.

Should I be old and boring just like the rest?

That is just no me.

What do you think?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just be yourself. I think as we all get older we start to realize we don't want to conform. We find it's ok to be ourselves and for lack of a better words....screw what everyone else thinks! I think at a certain point we turn to the mirror and say, "Gosh darn it, I like me"...and we mean it! Personally, I find being like everyone else is weak and just plain boring - I'd much rather be me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think we are who we are and we are happiest when we are comfortable living in our own skin. I think they are weird for trying to get us to change. If we were all just like them, they would be more comfortable, but we'd be BORED!

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
One of the biggest joys of being an INFJ is not being cut from the same block as everyone else. Be yourself and do your own thing.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Interesting observation! I normally don't meet people my age. When I did, they were NTs, NFs, types that I never really meet in person.
They were all very interesting and had unique tastes in music each of them. I found actually I was a little obscure, perhaps due to being isolated. I also like some mainstream songs.

At my workplace people are boring because they don't spend any time with themselves imo. It is always another job after they finish this one or their family. They don't really have anything else to talk about besides other people or complaints about other people. Their conversations are honestly as if from a script and it is here where I have a hard time conforming, which annoys them if I can't answer the way they expect (lol how's that for a real conversation?).
I think solitude is a factor in a person actually becoming a person. Thinking by yourself, reflecting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts