1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sound familiar?

IXFP.

Cynicism, distrust and disappointment.
General and global negativity: criticism of others.
A martyr attitude.
Depression, hopelessness.
Alternating passive and active aggression.
Loss of confidence and sense of competence in self and others.
Precipitous action.
Combative, lawyer-like tone of voice.

There's been a few inferior Te threads fairly recently and came across this from Paladins post in one of the type forums. People have explained in some detail about the experiences with their inferior Te and would like to hear thoughts regarding this list e.g instances previous experiences and other discussion. What usually triggers it, does it happen spontaneously or is it more of a build up or something in between? What about the aftermath? :shocked: What do you think about inferior eruptions in general and have you recognised these situations in others of different types and been able to relate it to their type?

Chat away…

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Well here's an eruption I was about to post in a different thread, but I've been whining in there all day so I think I might take my anger elsewhere (lucky you):

OMFG I can't deal with this.

Between people apparently not reading the actual task instructions, leaving things until the last minute, glitches with uploading different versions of the file.... it is less than 2 hours before the deadline and it is well past my bedtime and I am ready to cry and I need to stab this one dude in the eye with my pen and also I kind of just want to go to bed and let them deal with it but I'm worried that if I'm not there no one will do anything.

The assignment is totally wrong now too. If it weren't so late I'd try to explain the task to everyone but no way in hell can I do this now. ARGH bring me worklife where at least I get paid to put up with this shit...!!!!

(Oops, is my inferior Te showing?)

Brought on by... you guessed it.... group work at school! Nothing like working with a select group of people who managed to pass the extrance exams with flying colours and yet don't give a shit about anything. >_<

Incompetence. It burnsss ussssss....

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
When I'm stressed/tired I become a jerk. I have no patience for others if they want something of me and I scold them for the minutest logical fallacies they might utter. I'm like a grammar nazi... just regarding everything. I don't listen, try to comfort or find solutions like I normally do, I only want to be alone and NOT have to worry about others.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I noticed this in one of my IxFP friends, too. He's usually this fluffy ball of stuttering awkwardness, then when his parents come around, his voice drops like ten levels and he starts talking in cynical little one liners. It would be hot if I didn't know it wasn't normal for him.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow, this helped put to form my recent thoughts. I googled inferior Te and this longish article came up - http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/76770-recognizing-inferior-function-ifps.html

This paragraph makes it very clear for me, from: Why INFPs & INTPs May Struggle to Know Their Personality Type

"INFPs
, for instance, may regularly indulge their inferior function, Extraverted Thinking (Te), when focusing their energies on being responsible, organized, or dutiful. They may flit from one task to the next, rarely taking time to relax, perceive, or create (Ne or Se). I know numerous IFP who, even well into their twenties, spend little time engaging their auxiliary function, functioning more like busybodies (This may explain why some INFPs test as Enneagram Sixes)."

When I'm trying to be responsible, organized, or dutiful, after a while I always feel drained and unable to keep it up, and that's when the self criticism comes in like a monsoon. To combat this, I look critically at the world around me in an attempt to undermine everyone else, so that I'm not the only one that seems to be a failure... it's like a drowning person frantically pulling down others to keep themselves afloat. Then comes crash time, where the responsibilities get thrown aside in a whirl storm of Fi & Ne rage, usually involving binging on something like video games.

After some time, my mind is ready to pick up the scattered pieces if they're important, or just say good riddance and move on.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I preach people in a way that could be viewed as a crash therapy. It is basically the misuse of my great empathy and ability to see through people and tell them everything wrong about their life and its motivation and their lack of ethics and integrity.

Then I notice just how incompetent and shallow everyone is. ( I do perfectly mean it though )

lawyer-like tone of voice. lol I like this. Yes, I totally rest my case with many many facts and analogies.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Wow, this helped put to form my recent thoughts. I googled inferior Te and this longish article came up - http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/76770-recognizing-inferior-function-ifps.html

This paragraph makes it very clear for me, from: Why INFPs & INTPs May Struggle to Know Their Personality Type

"INFPs
, for instance, may regularly indulge their inferior function, Extraverted Thinking (Te), when focusing their energies on being responsible, organized, or dutiful. They may flit from one task to the next, rarely taking time to relax, perceive, or create (Ne or Se). I know numerous IFP who, even well into their twenties, spend little time engaging their auxiliary function, functioning more like busybodies (This may explain why some INFPs test as Enneagram Sixes)."

When I'm trying to be responsible, organized, or dutiful, after a while I always feel drained and unable to keep it up, and that's when the self criticism comes in like a monsoon. To combat this, I look critically at the world around me in an attempt to undermine everyone else, so that I'm not the only one that seems to be a failure... it's like a drowning person frantically pulling down others to keep themselves afloat. Then comes crash time, where the responsibilities get thrown aside in a whirl storm of Fi & Ne rage, usually involving binging on something like video games.

After some time, my mind is ready to pick up the scattered pieces if they're important, or just say good riddance and move on.
I should check those, this is a good read as well Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: Form of the Inferior Function

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have trouble sustaining that responsibility/organisation on my own, and I'll turn that insecurity-fueled frustration on myself. I'm much quicker to see faults in myself (unless I really dislike someone) and I actually find it easier to deal with negativity when it's directed inwards.

However if I'm working with other people, I seem to be able to just pull my head in and get the job done. Half of it is my own desire to perform well, and half is just basic empathy and respect - I assume that other people want me to be reliable and to do my share. So when they underperform, I decide that they must either have a bad attitude or be incompetent, both of which by this point are magnified from my usual "meh, not really traits I admire in people" to "UNFORGIVABLE SIN". So I turn my rage outwards and see it as perfectly justified. I don't believe it's projection in this case, because external feedback consistently tells me that I'm doing a good job. Funnily enough, it's the one time in which I'll actually believe a compliment!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts