Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
(Communication + Any personality type) + (Communication + Any personality type) = Win

The laws of attraction are not set in stone. This applies to personality types as well. =)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Interesting. I don't know that I agree with it all. I would agree with the fact that knowing yourself well is always a positive thing in a relationship.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
nope.

I dated an ENFJ for some time. We did help each other grow substantially and are still great friends, but the romance wasn't there for me, and I still got too easily drained. Granted, that's just one ENFJ...but I have yet to meet another I'd want to date.

Ne seems to feed my Ni. I've found myself most attracted to and compatible with ENFPs, ENTPs, INTJs, and INTPs.

I'd be interested in meeting an ISTP, though. I wonder how that would go, since they share the same functions, but in different amounts. ESTP does as well, but I don't think an ESTP would likely work for me. I respect them, but I haven't found them attractive/compatible so far.

*goes to haunt the ISTP forum*

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
This guy believes in* cognitive functions WAY too much...

What he says may have some ground, if there are such things as cognitive functions in the first place.

*rationally thinks there is some truth to

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nope.

I have a friend who is possibly an ENFJ staying with me for the summer, and sometimes he and I conflict a bit. The whole shpiel about "You'll want an ENFJ because they can teach you how to express your iNtuition and you can help them develop their deeper thoughts" doesn't work because I tried and he wants nothing to do with deep thinking, so I accept him as he is. Granted that's a friendship rather than a relationship, but he's one of my two closest friends.

I agree with @Opabinia because it seems like he's trying to use logic. The way life works is completely illogical because there is no set pattern for everything, we can only control ourselves and even then nobody has complete control, so sometimes we just have to accept it when a couple works out and it makes no sense. We may have our types and percentages, but we are all different people and cannot be fully categorized (because out of almost 7 billion people we would need A SHITLOAD OF ADJECTIVES AND NUMBERS).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Do you believe what this video says?
No, there is more to me than just a few cognitive functions or 4 letters. Someone could take someone that shouldn't be a great match but could work out quite well as there isn't a way to test where all my functions are in terms of maturity. Thus, it is quite possible for someone to mistype that isn't touched upon at all. Course I may be a bit bitter on some of the theory at times as it is can be so grey.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I think enneagram and social subtypes also come into the equation.

Reactions: Halcyon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also understanding your partners needs, and how to respect one another and find a happy balance. For instance, maybe they need to be reassured of my affections after I go through a random period of isolation. They respect my alone time, and I make an effort to make sure they know they're appreciated, etc etc.

Give and take.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Show me what you got skipper.
*With the corner of his mouth turning up into a classic ENTP smirk, he slowly extends his arms upward and outward as though to envelope the entire immensity of space itself. He blinklessly and ever so subtly twitches an eyebrow.*

My good Sir, what I've "got" stands before you here... For I have the INFJ's, and they have me as well!

*Throngs of giddy INFJ girls and boys cheer and whistle! Voices can be heard casting forth professions of love and crooning their adoration! The crowd rushes forth into his outstretched arms, carrying him off in cries and squeals of impassioned excitement. Clothes can be heard being torn...*

Reactions: Eggsies

·
Registered
INFJ
1,555 Posts
I think the video makes a few interesting points, but lately I've been wondering what being with someone of the same type would be like? I don't often see that mentioned in discussions about dating and type, but I wonder if that might actually be best overall?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts