Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am INFJ who has a passion for acting. I was just curious if their were any other INFJ actors out their who shared the same passion as me. Also, any input on the style of acting you had/have and your experiences acting before, during, or after a show would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
802 Posts
One of my friends is dating an unconfirmed INFJ. He moved to New York, then California to pursue acting, mostly on the stage, although he starred in a low-budget independent film. I know that he has returned to college in hopes of earning a degree that will lead to a more stable career, but he's on the lookout for opportunities to stay involved.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had some small experience of Theatre from md teens to early twenties,.. the usual stuff, plays, musicals, etc.
I found a great passion for acting, and for singing, but singing to me was always a string in an acting bow, and not the main interest.
The roles i was drawn to and chosen for, I suppose were very in yer face ENTP style baddie roles, the baddie that has a redeeming feature, somewhere along the way. In fact, I was mainly chosen for charismatic antagonist roles,..lol,..what were they trying to tell me?:)
I found a talent for comic timing, and an ability to project the kind of palpable threatening atmosphere of the unpredictable lunatic , so ..Theatrical moustache twirling baddies, nutters, psychopaths and femme fatales seemed to be my niche.There is none beter equipped to get inside the mind and gestures of a complex character than an INFJ, I think. Even if the darker side of human nature is abhorrent to us, we still understand it, and can recognise and even dramatically mimic it, when we want to. INFJ are naturally chameleons anyway, so acting isnt such a stretch for us.
I was however plagued by massive nerves,.. and over perfectionism,.. especially in singing,.. and looking back now, its like a dream, like it was someone else who did those parts, who got up on that stage,.. i could'nt do it now. I'd be too scared, too self conscious.
however, i suppose theres always that spark of theatricality, although much subdued, in me.

Its a great thing for expression,.. very absorbing,.. I enjoyed it immensely at the time, and probably still would if i were younger and not so nerve ridden, :)
Good luck and keep carrying on,..
G. x

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
no real experience but i really wanted try some theater acting and still do. I daydream about it alot. I seem to naturally be able to say the lines perfectly although memorizing them not so much. In English classes when reading out Shakespeare during class ...i have played both Romeo and Macbeth at both teachers choice since they said the characters where the leads so they have the most lines. I tried to explain i would rather not but it didn't last long and so i took the lines of them. Results were heavy amounts of praise from the teachers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts