Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

I thought it would be good to share some life or advice-related quotes that are especially relevant for INFJ's. They can be ones you found or ones that you simply made up! Here are some of my favourites...

From other people

"When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for stars"

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one"

"and if my heart be scarred and burned, the safer I for all I learned" (This ones a little eerie!)

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn (another *suspected* INFJ :wink: )

From me (not so much quotes, as things to remember!)

Find the perfect in the imperfect

It's not about me, It's about what I see

Less think, more do!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Others

"What's better in the long run for you, a horrible end or a horror without end?" (Original context: Advice to a woman in an abusive relationship who found it difficult to leave).

"Everybody around you has an invisible sign on their head that says make me feel important."

"The whole point of a career is to support your life, not be it."

"If you put someone on a pedestal, they have no choice but to look down on you."

"If you give someone $20 dollars and never see them again then it was probably worth it."

From me~

"If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back they'd never ask you to."

"People love to call the shots, but they always want to make you pull the trigger."

(Relationships) "At every moment you're either growing together or growing apart."

Confidence isn't about being attractive or smart, but being comfortable with who you are, how you look, and how you behave.

In other words,
you don't have to be da Vinci to be proud of your artwork,
you don't have to be a model to smile in the mirror,
you don't have to be surrounded by people to have a voice,
all you have to be is yourself and be perfectly content with that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Others

"What's better in the long run for you, a horrible end or a horror without end?" (Original context: Advice to a woman in an abusive relationship who found it difficult to leave).

"Everybody around you has an invisible sign on their head that says make me feel important."

"The whole point of a career is to support your life, not be it."

"If you put someone on a pedestal, they have no choice but to look down on you."

"If you give someone $20 dollars and never see them again then it was probably worth it."

From me~

"If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back they'd never ask you to."

"People love to call the shots, but they always want to make you pull the trigger."

(Relationships) "At every moment you're either growing together or growing apart."
I love all of these quotes, especially the last one :kitteh:

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
From others

'Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated' ~ Confucius

'Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.' ~ Albert Einstein

'To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.' ~ Oscar Wilde

When asked what surprised him most about humanity: 'Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.' ~ Dalai Lama

And lastly....my signature...

'I do my thing and you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you, and I am I,
and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped.'

~ Fritz Perls

My own

'If you can dream it, you can achieve it.'

'You can keep telling yourself positive things will happen, but without actually believing it nothing good will come your way.'

'When you can't seem to solve your problems you are solving the wrong ones.'

'I am not scared of death. I've died so many times already. Death is almost as mundane as breakfast for me.'

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” - Disney's Mulan - This one means a lot to me since I've loved Mulan since being very very little, and the quote fits my life in every way, i've had to overcome a lot.

''Water is powerful, it can wash away earth, put out fire, and even destroy iron.'' - Memoirs of a Geisha

Those are just two very meaningful quotes to me, there are more that i love that i cant bring to mind at the moment.

Advice directly from me that I seem to give out at the moment is, it's never too late to change. As long as you are alive, your life is in your hands. Nothing is ever too late. Never give up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” - Disney's Mulan - This one means a lot to me since I've loved Mulan since being very very little, and the quote fits my life in every way, i've had to overcome a lot.

''Water is powerful, it can wash away earth, put out fire, and even destroy iron.'' - Memoirs of a Geisha

Those are just two very meaningful quotes to me, there are more that i love that i cant bring to mind at the moment.

Advice directly from me that I seem to give out at the moment is, it's never too late to change. As long as you are alive, your life is in your hands. Nothing is ever too late. Never give up.
Two strong, empowering quotes :)

The one that you came up with reminds me of this other quote I once read "As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning"

·
Registered
61 Posts
"If you think you're broken, then you aren't broken enough."

"Everything's just dust and stars."

"Discover the shape of the person within you, and strive to achieve that inner integrity."

"Don't be afraid to change, to make new friends or to end friendships, make every choice towards what makes you happy, pushing the sadness away."

This much should be enough for you folks :kitteh:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” - Abraham Lincoln

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Matthew Graham

“Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” - Frank Ocean

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." - Salvador Dali

I believe in being positive and proactive, so I really identify with the sentiment behind these quotes.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die." - Unsure. It's been attributed to a lot of people.
I've always liked that quote. I once saw it attributed to the Dalai Lama, but i'm not sure how true that is.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Other People:

"Staying in a situation where you're unappreciated isn't called loyalty; it's called breaking your own heart."

"Never think too much about a dilemma. Answers come to a relaxed mind; Time allows things to fall into place; A calm attitude yields the best results."

"Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness."

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

"It's not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are." -Roy E. Disney

"Having a rough morning? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. Don't give up. You're alive for a reason."

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts." -Albert Einstein

"You don't have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the ones you're holding." -Cheryl Strayed

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches."

"People who shine from within don't need the spotlight."

"All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming." -Helen Keller

"Some people are hurting so bad you have to do more than preach a message to them. You have to be a message to them."

"Loneliness does not come from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you." -Carl Jung

"Discipline is choosing between what you want now an what you want most."
----------------------------

Me:

Vaguely remember one off the top of my head. It was something like....

"The mind can be an unforgiving prison or a healing sanctuary."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts