Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've never met an INFJ 3 but I know some INFJs 4w3 and they're quite optimist and intensely image-oriented, probably because of their 3 wing. I suspect that INFJ 3 would be less emotional but still sensible somehow except that they won't show it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey there! INFJ Type 3 here.
Feel free to praise me for being an amazing and charismatic role-model.

Kidding, kidding.
I just have a huge attraction to power and acheivments, I value self-improvement, and that's it. Combine it with being very deep, emotional and "No one understands me, mom!!!".
Tadaa! You got yourself a magical Infj type 3w2~

·
Registered
16 Posts
[INFJ]
I was hesitant to accept being either a 3 or 4, wait amoral? Not that I heard but I can see why. I am a 3 no doubt about it, everyone I know didn't disagree with anything about the 3 description. What I have heard is how rare they are (Along with 7s?):unsure:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've never met an INFJ 3 but I know some INFJs 4w3 and they're quite optimist and intensely image-oriented, probably because of their 3 wing. I suspect that INFJ 3 would be less emotional but still sensible somehow except that they won't show it.
Yes, I can say that I match your description.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I think what was meant by amorality is the sense that some 3s are so driven to succeed in their lives that they're willing to "cut corners", ethically speaking. Examples would include cheating on a test or fudging some answers on a personality inventory.
is that a 3 thing? ive cheated on so many tests in my life... lol

·
Banned
2,129 Posts
I think Anne Dresden on YT said she was an Sp 3. I think she also has an E8, she reminds me of my 358 (?) ISTJ mom. And there's another, a 3w2 who mistyped herself as 4w3 ... Tali Rose.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think that INFJ 8 are really rare.. just like INFP-8. Maybe 1% of all INFJs.

But I hope to find an example of such rare gem.
If anyone can show me a INFJ 358 or 458 (fictional or not) I'd be very glad. Such unique combinations are interesting to explore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that INFJ 8 are really rare.. just like INFP-8. Maybe 1% of all INFJs.

But I hope to find an example of such rare gem.
If anyone can show me a INFJ 358 or 458 (fictional or not) I'd be very glad. Such unique combinations are interesting to explore.
Hi there, I guess I'm a rare gem. ;P What do you want to know?

I'm pretty definitely an INFJ (though when I was a lot younger I tested off and on as ENFJ or INFP) and a core 3 or 4. I thought I was a 4 originally, then thought I was a 5 (with a 4 wing) for a while, then very briefly someone managed to convince me of 8, and recently I've settled onto 3 with a very heavy 4 wing (unless I'm a 4 with a very heavy 3 wing, which is possible but I'm increasingly convinced otherwise). 458 is generally pretty descriptive of how I appear to people.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi there, I guess I'm a rare gem. ;P What do you want to know?

I'm pretty definitely an INFJ (though when I was a lot younger I tested off and on as ENFJ or INFP) and a core 3 or 4. I thought I was a 4 originally, then thought I was a 5 (with a 4 wing) for a while, then very briefly someone managed to convince me of 8, and recently I've settled onto 3 with a very heavy 4 wing (unless I'm a 4 with a very heavy 3 wing, which is possible but I'm increasingly convinced otherwise). 458 is generally pretty descriptive of how I appear to people.
Hm, INFJs are usually described as mostly gentle, frindly, peaceful and easy going. Queit, caring and sensitive. How does it coexist with 3s ambitions, a desire to be the best, being organized and goal-oriented?
Threes value efficiency and effectiveness, after all.

And how does your 8-wing manifest itself in your daily life?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hm, INFJs are usually described as mostly gentle, frindly, peaceful and easy going. Queit, caring and sensitive. How does it coexist with 3s ambitions, a desire to be the best, being organized and goal-oriented?
Threes value efficiency and effectiveness, after all.

And how does your 8-wing manifest itself in your daily life?
I think being organised and goal-oriented is actually fairly inherent in J types, so that much shouldn't really be a contradiction. I think how that plays out for me is that I'm choosy about where my ambitiousness goes; I want it to be in support of a worthy cause. For example, I'm currently doing admin work (and they really need me to keep things organised), but for a small creatively oriented business where I really like the people I'm working with. I'm singing in a chorus and immediately auditioned for solo parts upon joining because I knew I was good enough to get a solo and I like the applause, but also it means just as much to me that the chorus I'm in has a mission of raising money for various charities.

I am very much an introvert, but basically anyone who doesn't know me well would be shocked by that. I've actually had a bunch of people argue with me when I said it, because I'm so sociable when I'm in a social setting. It's not that I talk a lot--I don't actually, unless there's a reason to--but I generally come off as very comfortable and "put together" when I do. I feel like my five fix comes out in a secondary way there, because in a group I'm not familiar with, I'll hang back and listen for a while before I say anything, and then usually chime in with something very intelligent. Still three primary, though, because I sure do enjoy that "Wow you're so smart" reaction I tend to get. I do the same thing sometimes with "understanding." People sometimes will open up to me because I know the right thing to say to make them feel heard. I am very image-conscious, but my image in general is more in line with stereotypical INFJ than it is with stereotypical three (which is why figuring out that three probably is actually my primary type took forever).

I would say my eight fix doesn't come out to play all that much, but when it does, it's usually in the protective so8 kind of way. When I take a leadership position, I will fight for the people under me. Abuse of authority is a really good way to piss me off, as are rules that make no sense (which I think in that case also goes back to three sometimes because inefficiency but it depends on the rule). When I was a kid, my parents had to warn my teachers not to try to pull blanket authority on me. I would be perfectly happy to cooperate once they could give me an actual reason for something, but "because I said so" was never ever an acceptable reason.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
How come in every single section on personality cafe there is a forum about INFJs ??? Are you guys all narcissists ?? Do you realize you're being obnoxious ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think type 3 is common for nearly all type as we all living in a time where people value 'success'. i might be wrong, i could be right. infj especially, ive seen them being all type lol from 1 to 9

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think type 3 is common for nearly all type as we all living in a time where people value 'success'. i might be wrong, i could be right. infj especially, ive seen them being all type lol from 1 to 9
I doubted because I compared a description of Type 3

"They are hard-driving achievers who claw their way to the top and crow when they get there. Unfortunately, they desperately want congratulations and adoration from the people they just worked so hard to beat. When self-actualized, Threes attract others with their magnetic personalities; when pathological, their narcissism drives others away.
They become so competitive that they put their noses to the grindstone, constantly compare themselves to others, and strive to beat them.
"

And an average INFJ

"Typically gentle and reserved, INFJs do not like to call attention to themselves and often are content to work behind the scenes. As thoughtful, caring, and sensitive people, INFJs will usually go the extra mile to maintain harmonious relationships."

21 - 40 of 48 Posts