Personality Cafe banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Abuse of authority is a really good way to piss me off, as are rules that make no sense (which I think in that case also goes back to three sometimes because inefficiency but it depends on the rule).
Hm, are you sure it's not a 1-fix? 1 get angry too but because something is not right or not efficient.

1-3: Efficiency, getting the job done, repressing emotions, correct, accurate, responsible, competent, structured

1-5: Doing things right, accuracy, repressing emotions, surgical, autistic, unaesthetic, logic, not malleable

3-5: Accuracy, efficiency, repressing emotions, surgical

Triads: Triple Competency

3-5: Accuracy, efficiency, repressing emotions, surgical

3-8: Aggressive with what they want, pushing through, not backing down, dominating, narcissistic, emotional wall

5-8: Control, emotionally dry, hard, internal and external detachment from softness and vulnerability

Triads: Competency, Assertive, Rejection
Fixes & Tritype - Enneagram Universe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hm, are you sure it's not a 1-fix?
Unlikely. I really don't have much of a sense of the "right way" to do things outside of the 3's concern with efficiency and the 8's concern with fairness. When something hits that "rule that doesn't make sense" note, it's because 1) there's a better more efficient way to do this thing and your stupid rule is getting in the way, 2) your stupid rule is enforcing an unfair power imbalance and that needs to stop, or 3) your stupid rule is just completely unnecessary, why do you have so many rules?

Pretty sure that's not a type 1 way of thinking haha.

I'm not sure what point you were making by bolding the bit in 3-8 about being aggressive, but I definitely can be when something matters enough to drive it. I'm not that forceful on a normal day-to-day basis, but when I really want something? I'll go after it hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hm, INFJs are usually described as mostly gentle, frindly, peaceful and easy going. Queit, caring and sensitive. How does it coexist with 3s ambitions, a desire to be the best, being organized and goal-oriented?
Threes value efficiency and effectiveness, after all.
Being a 3 and an INFJ means not only are we good at being INFJs, we excel at it! :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm not sure what point you were making by bolding the bit in 3-8 about being aggressive, but I definitely can be when something matters enough to drive it. I'm not that forceful on a normal day-to-day basis, but when I really want something? I'll go after it hard.
I'm an INFP 9w8 and I generally avoid conflicts but can be forceful and assertive when I believe it's the best way. Quite agressive and even demanding.
But cp6 can be very agressive too but out of fear to be seen as cowards. SX 4s can be agressive.
I've looked through old posts of 4w3s and 3s INFJs and almost all of them retyped themselves later as ENTJs, ENTPs...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice to see this thread is still active.

i'm an INFJ 3w2 and have found it to be an interesting combination. My INFJ self tends to be super idealistic, but the 3 side also makes me super realistic and pragmatic in reaching my lofty goals. I often end up in debates with myself (like an INFJ Steve Rogers and Type 3 Tony Stark would) in this weird Super-ego vs. Id battle to decide how to approach things that frustrate me or that I'm passionate about. I simultaneously want to say "F it" and not care at all, yet I also care far more than anyone else.

I think my type 3 is also responsible for making me far more in touch with my primal/natural self than other INFJ's. I have a more cynical outlook sometimes, have more of a dry sense of humor, am a lot more opinionated, and find an odd artistic beauty in earthly pleasures.

Essentially, I have a big appreciation for staying in touch with anything more down to earth and true to one's natural self (Freud would call this a return to one's true self after the castration of society). My INFJ side wants to be genuine and act as a counselor for others, but my Type 3 gives this "genuine-ness" a different spin. And this combo also allows me to double up on my "bullsh*t detector", so I can see red flags from a mile away.

But INFJ's (especially males) are rare enough, so I imagine this combo is especially rare. I've never met anyone like me. Anyone else relate?

·
Registered
265 Posts
1) there's a better more efficient way to do this thing and your stupid rule is getting in the way, 2) your stupid rule is enforcing an unfair power imbalance and that needs to stop, or 3) your stupid rule is just completely unnecessary, why do you have so many rules?
Usually High Te -users care about efficiency. You need to recheck if you're anot an INTJ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I created a Facebook group for INFJ 3's to connect. Search for INFJ Enneagram 3 :) We are getting a good group together and having interesting discussions!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts