Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is obviously just for fun. I was just really curious as to what everyone would say.

Everyone has different skills, so I'm not really talking about survival skills. More of how an INFJ would likely cope and deal with all the chaos.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You know lots of people laugh at the zombie apocalypse idea. I dont. Though I do not believe in zombies I do believe in crazy hungry people. When the SHTF (yes a doomer) not if, its when... I would be staying as far as possible from cities. I would not trust ANYONE. Have you ever seen black friday videos? How about Katrina videos? When the grid grinds to a halt, hell will be unleashed. If you think I am just delusional look into Argentina about 10 years ago. When their economy crashed rapes assaults murders theft enslavement was very common. Look at any third world society today. I am afraid that Americans would resort to even worse. As a majority we are spoiled people with very little farming and survival skills. Im not convinced there will be cannibalism.. but I do think it will happen. :( People of today are wicked shadows of their ancestors. We dont need a zombie virus to see an apocalyptic future. All we need is the TV to turn off and the grocery stores to close. Sad but true.

now to answer your question... I would take my family to the mountains and try to live peacefully. This explanation could go on forever but that sums it up. I would also seek to create a new or assimilate into an old world farming style community. There would probably be a one world gov going on soon after if we lived thru the chaos. By that time whats left Im pretty sure would be organized into some kind of Orwellian enslavement lifestyle. :( I actually think about emps meteors tidal waves economic doom etc quite often. Anyone else?

Reactions: Donovan

·
Registered
385 Posts
I cant speak for all INFJ, but I an one and here's how I would cope.

I wouldn't be any good to anyone if I'm dead so my first priority would be to save myself. If I were to stay true to my INFJ-ness, I would wonder off into the wilderness a lay low for a while. Then I probably grab a bag full of weapons, a cool jacket, some shades and a bible. I'd then wonder the country and spread my reputation of being a lone solitary bad-ass.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'd be the next leader of the new world after reconstruction. That way I can protect and help all my survivors.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Zombie apocalypse eh?

Fairly simple. Lay low, be quiet and swift, and raid for supplies whenever practical. Ideally, there are a few close friends I'd like to roll with me.

We're paintballing buddies, and I trust them to be able to act well when the adrenalin is pumping. They're good guys to have at your back in a pinch.

Might live up in the trees. Might live in the concrete jungle. Might go looking for a commune in rural Kansas. Might go to an island of the coast of Maine.

It all depends on the type of Zombie (the "rules" so to speak). As far as living, I'm hoping to date an ISTJ soon. I suppose it'd be nice to protect her, so long as she doesn't go absolutely batshit insane when the SHTF.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
In review, I'd probably take the new world as a place to take charge of life, because it's a place where a heck of a lot of skills I've accumulated over the years can actually get used. Lethal combat skills, survival skills, armor making, machining skills, ... the list goes on.

===========

I've got enough variety of skills to be able to deal with it. It depends on how badly blown it is when I awake, largely. If I'm sole survivor, I'll probably just make suicide plans. Also, if the Infection is airborne, or waterborne and cannot be boiled out, suicide.

Otherwise:
1. Secure my room. I need time.
2. Armor up. Leather jacket, leather gloves, multilayer my jeans through sewing. Reinforce boots. Denim is quite resilient. Create a Denim skullcap, or leather skullcap. As foolish as it may appear, or as warm as it may be in summer, Infected are still only human, and are limited to teeth and nails. If they're Majini like in Resident Evil, and I don't have partners to work with, plan a suicide.
3. Take weapons. Again, Infected are only human. Bashing weapons are effective, as are stabbing weapons for intense close quarters. Slashing weapons are ineffective unless you've got something incredibly sharp. Bone does not slice as easily as a movie would lead you to believe - but they break just fine.
4. Move out to an apartment building. Checkpoint 1, or Home Base 1. Infected are unable to break down proper doors, as they lack the intelligence to properly kick down a door. Specifically look for doors that open outward when determining chokepoints, as those cannot be kicked in, and Infected do not understand how to open doors by pulling on them. Apartment buildings are great as you can seal off stairwells at certain floors, totally controlling access points to the building.
5. Take a level in badass, and clear out said building. Should find several other survivors at this point. Apartment buildings are likely to have large food stores, have plenty of power, fridge and freezer space, and lots of water. Fill the tubs and toilets and sinks with water.
6. Organize survivor raids. Count up number of vehicles and transportable food needed to travel from current location to Home Base 2. Determine where Home Base 2 will be, as it will be the permanent site. I recommend a place with electricity, water, and fertile soil. Personally I choose a nuclear power plant, as they're typically well secured, pretty much run themselves, have electricity, usually are on a lake, and built in the middle of nowhere surrounded by wilderness. Determine the amount of seed that needs to be brought. Ensure all people are armoured and armed. Bows and Crossbows are excellent for range and flaming arrows; Guns are fairly worthless and most people can't aim, and bodyshots won't do jack against Infected, plus ammo will be limited, as opposed to unlimited arrows and bolts (even though their effectiveness is dubious as well). Guns are only useful against other humans, but given the situation, so are crossbows. In close combat with other humans, stabbing and slashing weapons rule, as historically, most soldiers died or were incapacitated by minor wounds, rather than actually being killed in battle.

In this time, locate nearest machine shop, and use it to upgrade vehicles, or create metal pieces that can be sewn on to improve armor pieces. One could in theory create terminator soldiers, super space marine type dudes, that can withstand a lot of zombie punishment and still kill a lot of zombies. These are the guys that are so armoured, that if they were actually defeated in combat, would simply lie there alive, uninfected, under a mass of zombie until backup arrived. Gross, but human life is most important.

7. Collect supplies for journey and future outpost. Begin leaving supply drops outside of town, like secured bags of concrete. Concrete may be necessary in building a wall for your new outpost.
8. Exodus.

======

Rule that every zombie movie and everybody forgets in a zombie apocalypse when infection travels by bite: Wear appropriate armour. No, a flak vest is stupid. A close fitting leather jacket (no more than 3/4 length) and leather gloves is good. Proper leather safety boots that reach to mid-calf. Neck protection; a skullcap is better than nothing - a chainmail coif is excellent (but should have a layer of leather underneath, sewn to it). Just wearing the proper clothing will prevent silly infection bites; there's nothing worse than getting a bite on the wrist and thinking, "heck, if only I'd been wearing a long sleeved denim jacket and gloves ...."

Seriously. Try chewing through denim jeans. Its not going to happen easily. Now double layer it (which isn't hard to make if you know how to use a sewing needle).

·
Banned
956 Posts
I'm pretty sure I would be the first few to die. Seriously. Though I have always found apocalyptic events to be quite awing.. because everyone would be so much tuned and focused on the same thing; it's like a shared atmosphere and we're all sharing the same inner experience and that sort of unity just makes me feel.. so *connected* to something greater. Standing around feeling instead of being on the look out for ravenous zombies would probably be my cause of death.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
This is obviously just for fun. I was just really curious as to what everyone would say.

Everyone has different skills, so I'm not really talking about survival skills. More of how an INFJ would likely cope and deal with all the chaos.
Are we talking traditional slow creeping zombies, or fast agile (modern) zombies, A La 28 Days Later and/or Dawn of the Dead 2004?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Arclight it can be whatever you'd like it to be. I just want to see how everyone would cope with the chaos. And it's cool if you guys add your list of stuff to bring, where you'd go, and who'd you go with. I always find that interesting and fun to read. It really doesn't have to be a zombie apocalypse it can even be a catastrophic disaster. I just find that, that scenario would be more intense, because you'd have to have answers almost right away and do everything in a quick manner. Anyways aside from all that, I think if the whole zombie apocalypse were to happen, they would be "modern" zombies. Not super human or anything. I just think they would run as fast as they would when they were alive. The only thing different they are so determined to feed, so they'd probably push harder without even trying, because as humans we don't really put our 100% effort into running sometimes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
1. Steal a heft-able boat
2. Take that down the Mississippi(can zombies swim?). The river itself could prove an invaluable resource, a mobile sleeping platform(safe), food, and water
3. Follow the coast down to the Florida keys
4. Live on an uninhabited island until the apocalypse subsides
That's the general plan
-Small variances depending on suddenness, ie better supplies and weapons.
-To be perfectly honest, I can't think of a single suitable weapon inside our house, so if it were to happen overnight, with zombies swarming at my door by the next morning, I prolly wouldn't make it. Seriously, we got 2x4's and kitchen knifes here, really makes ya think.

INFJ's, as community members, wouldn't matter(same as all types). The guys with the biggest gun racks will be hailed as leader or people with similar claims to power.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
4. Live on an uninhabited island until the apocalypse subsides
A la the end of the L4D1 heroes.

Main problems with the plan is food. Zombies typically don't have the brainpower to swim, so you'd need to moor in a deep area so they don't just wade out there. Zombies may or may not need to breathe, so that anchor line is your only vulnerability.

There are plenty of suitable weapons in a house, without you even knowing it. A cabinet door. Long table legs. Take apart a TV Tray. A pipe wrench. The toolbox. 2x4s are actually pretty effective if you're strong enough to use them. Frying pans (don't laugh). Remember, what would kill a human quickly, kills a zombie. So blunt trauma to the head is the easiest, and there's a lot of ways to do that. Just be sure to wear extra layers of clothing.

The problem with guns, is, who's making the ammunition? Unless you can raid an armory, ammo is actually quite limited. In Canada, anyway. Americans and their guns.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
A la the end of the L4D1 heroes.

Main problems with the plan is food. Zombies typically don't have the brainpower to swim, so you'd need to moor in a deep area so they don't just wade out there. Zombies may or may not need to breathe, so that anchor line is your only vulnerability.

There are plenty of suitable weapons in a house, without you even knowing it. A cabinet door. Long table legs. Take apart a TV Tray. A pipe wrench. The toolbox. 2x4s are actually pretty effective if you're strong enough to use them. Frying pans (don't laugh). Remember, what would kill a human quickly, kills a zombie. So blunt trauma to the head is the easiest, and there's a lot of ways to do that. Just be sure to wear extra layers of clothing.

The problem with guns, is, who's making the ammunition? Unless you can raid an armory, ammo is actually quite limited. In Canada, anyway. Americans and their guns.
It's all about the melee weapons and the bows. Both are quiet and both last you a long time w/o resupply.

Blades lose their edge after hacking through just a few bones. blunt force weapons are better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great topic :) a friend and I talk about it often. First thing for me would be family then get bunkered down someplace until the initial chaos evens it self out, I'm an avid shooter both with guns and bows. Once it all settles down, load up the truck get out of town someplace more remote. It might be a good idea to avoid logging roads or service roads, I think a lot of other people would have that same idea.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Blades lose their edge after hacking through just a few bones. blunt force weapons are better.
I know how to work a blade. But I agree - which is why stabbing weapons rank higher than slashing, but are all eclipsed by a good solid blunt trauma weapon. Historically slashing weapons rarely actually outright killed an enemy from the blow - save for say, neck slices or disembowelment. Most of the time people died on the battlefield from their non-life-threatening wounds.

Won't work against zombies.

Reactions: TxWolves

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, i guess there is an option 2 as far as my zombie plan specifically. Our town has an old decommissioned ammunition plant sitting next to it XD. Seems abit risky and def not my style.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
We are sending out you INFJs as diplomats to negotiate a truce with the zombies and find out information about them.
So you're basically offering us up as a sacrifice so you can study how zombies feed?

:rolleyes:

*changes type to INTP*

:proud:

Good luck INFJ diplomats!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
first, a reliable array of weaponry

*guns are great, but ammunition is finite; firing one could alert a hoard, or even one zombie that others might then follow, and soon, that well placed shot could bring a hoard to your doorstep, halting any attempt to leave and gather more food/other resources, not to mention the emotional/mental health of your party deteriorating while under the constant onslaught of zombie moans and knowledge or certain death. guns would be important as an all out, quick, lethal way of escaping and shouldn't be discarded unless they have to be due to weight restrictions.
*so, silent weapons are preferred once you have some sort of base set up and are no longer on the run. cross bows/bows would be great, although i would immediately start trial and error runs with making my own brand of arrows, all the while testing them for accuracy, durability, and penetration; any sort of high-powered slingshot would work just as well, and anything roughly the size of a marble could be used as ammunition; lances would be great, maybe attaching some sort of strong, heavy blade with the formation of a triangle and rectangle combined to be used to cut the legs out from a zombie, lessening it's mobility/lethality, and then you could use the end of the lance to cave it's head in. just as in making arrows and lances, you could find a way to procure "good/high quality" wood and then learning how to effectively carve it, then how to harden it with fire (maybe even sharpening the wood/hardening it, along with the overall build/weighted aspects), so you could then have an effective bludgeoning/(possibly) severing device, that could be made again with wood, fire and some sort of chisel.
*coming back to guns: you could acquire the ammunition in a bulk, keeping everything that has gun powder regardless of it's caliber, with this you could make bombs of some sort; you could make fire-bombs (although anything flammable would probably be too important to waste needlessly)--say you were being surrounded by a hoard, you could fashion some sort of molitov cocktail and then launch one in the middle, one at the end, and one at the front--while this won't kill them immediately, it will hinder their ability to follow you and may eventually kill a good number of them, all without you using precious resources and losing something even more precious: your human comrades (and animals.... i'll come to this later... it's not good).

transportation:

*let's assume that zombies are capable of moving as fast as humans in the beginning, and then as they start to deteriorate, they would become impaired. when it first hits, you would need to be capable of out-stripping them easily and safely. horses: the only fuel they require should be readily available, but they could easily get spooked and alert zombies to your presence (that goes for all animals; as much as i hate to say it, dogs would only be a liability, and would most likely get your whole party killed). so horses are out of the question as far at least until you manage to get far away enough from large cities--a few alerted zombies are easily dealt with their cons outweigh the pros of a horse.
*cars are great but are limited in where and how they can travel; motor-cycles/dirt-bikes would be a blessing, they have great gas-mileage and are more "agile" than their larger counterparts--fitting some sort of storage device that wouldn't hinder the bike would be great, not only for your luggage/food, but also equipment for fixing flats/extra fuel; if you have to travel in a larger vehicle because of kids and elderly, then some time or four-wheel-drive jeep or other mode of transportation would be best.

housing

*boats: this would be ideal; lets say zombies can swim, well you could outfit your boat with "fenders" of some sort, that would encapsulate/travel around the perimeter and would jut out away from the boat and end in a structure that would curve down back towards the water--all of this can be lined with a minefield of barbwire and maybe with bells that would only be tolled if a certain amount of weight was being applied to the wire in a downward motion (?); some system would need to be found in order to "row" the boat (with help from pulleys or anything would allow such action) in case of low fuel instances/no fuel/a need for quiet travel; the boat should also be equipped with a smaller motor boat (again fitted with a system to row if needed or if the situation allowed for such in order to save fuel) for recon. missions (of course binoculars, maps, and compasses would be needed); the boat itself should be outfitted with a system to gather rainwater and maybe a "transportable" garden could be grown--this could be done with many 2x4 like structures with plastic bottoms that are small enough to move easily from the bottom of the ship (so you could control the environment in some way to make sure they would not be damaged during storm) and then brought back up to receive sunlight--this may have to be done on a much smaller island--in fact, if possible, this boat could just serve as transportation and a "oh-shit-house" when needed.

the island:

it would need to be fortified so that zombies washed ashore couldn't walk in as they pleased; a sewer system of sorts would have to be rigged up as would a form of "government/law" that everyone could agree on; of course gardens and a way of collecting water. (i want to ponder and add more but i'm about to be late for class :p, hope you enjoyed!)-- (side note, screw my class :p)--make some sort compound-like structure in the middle of your new town with thicky enforced concrete walls and structure with a staircase that went up to the top (allowing for slowing picking off/setting fire to zombies, and went underground that would act as a last-chance survival-bunker for your community, again with food and water stores.)

·
Registered
236 Posts
first, a reliable array of weaponry

*guns are great, but ammunition is finite; firing one could alert a hoard, or even one zombie that others might then follow, and soon, that well placed shot could bring a hoard to your doorstep, halting any attempt to leave and gather more food/other resources, not to mention the emotional/mental health of your party deteriorating while under the constant onslaught of zombie moans and knowledge or certain death. guns would be important as an all out, quick, lethal way of escaping and shouldn't be discarded unless they have to be due to weight restrictions.
*so, silent weapons are preferred once you have some sort of base set up and are no longer on the run. cross bows/bows would be great, although i would immediately start trial and error runs with making my own brand of arrows, all the while testing them for accuracy, durability, and penetration; any sort of high-powered slingshot would work just as well, and anything roughly the size of a marble could be used as ammunition; lances would be great, maybe attaching some sort of strong, heavy blade with the formation of a triangle and rectangle combined to be used to cut the legs out from a zombie, lessening it's mobility/lethality, and then you could use the end of the lance to cave it's head in. just as in making arrows and lances, you could find a way to procure "good/high quality" wood and then learning how to effectively carve it, then how to harden it with fire (maybe even sharpening the wood/hardening it, along with the overall build/weighted aspects), so you could then have an effective bludgeoning/(possibly) severing device, that could be made again with wood, fire and some sort of chisel.
*coming back to guns: you could acquire the ammunition in a bulk, keeping everything that has gun powder regardless of it's caliber, with this you could make bombs of some sort; you could make fire-bombs (although anything flammable would probably be too important to waste needlessly)--say you were being surrounded by a hoard, you could fashion some sort of molitov cocktail and then launch one in the middle, one at the end, and one at the front--while this won't kill them immediately, it will hinder their ability to follow you and may eventually kill a good number of them, all without you using precious resources and losing something even more precious: your human comrades (and animals.... i'll come to this later... it's not good).

transportation:

*let's assume that zombies are capable of moving as fast as humans in the beginning, and then as they start to deteriorate, they would become impaired. when it first hits, you would need to be capable of out-stripping them easily and safely. horses: the only fuel they require should be readily available, but they could easily get spooked and alert zombies to your presence (that goes for all animals; as much as i hate to say it, dogs would only be a liability, and would most likely get your whole party killed). so horses are out of the question as far at least until you manage to get far away enough from large cities--a few alerted zombies are easily dealt with their cons outweigh the pros of a horse.
*cars are great but are limited in where and how they can travel; motor-cycles/dirt-bikes would be a blessing, they have great gas-mileage and are more "agile" than their larger counterparts--fitting some sort of storage device that wouldn't hinder the bike would be great, not only for your luggage/food, but also equipment for fixing flats/extra fuel; if you have to travel in a larger vehicle because of kids and elderly, then some time or four-wheel-drive jeep or other mode of transportation would be best.

housing

*boats: this would be ideal; lets say zombies can swim, well you could outfit your boat with "fenders" of some sort, that would encapsulate/travel around the perimeter and would jut out away from the boat and end in a structure that would curve down back towards the water--all of this can be lined with a minefield of barbwire and maybe with bells that would only be tolled if a certain amount of weight was being applied to the wire in a downward motion (?); some system would need to be found in order to "row" the boat (with help from pulleys or anything would allow such action) in case of low fuel instances/no fuel/a need for quiet travel; the boat should also be equipped with a smaller motor boat (again fitted with a system to row if needed or if the situation allowed for such in order to save fuel) for recon. missions (of course binoculars, maps, and compasses would be needed); the boat itself should be outfitted with a system to gather rainwater and maybe a "transportable" garden could be grown--this could be done with many 2x4 like structures with plastic bottoms that are small enough to move easily from the bottom of the ship (so you could control the environment in some way to make sure they would not be damaged during storm) and then brought back up to receive sunlight--this may have to be done on a much smaller island--in fact, if possible, this boat could just serve as transportation and a "oh-shit-house" when needed.

the island:

it would need to be fortified so that zombies washed ashore couldn't walk in as they pleased; a sewer system of sorts would have to be rigged up as would a form of "government/law" that everyone could agree on; of course gardens and a way of collecting water. (i want to ponder and add more but i'm about to be late for class :p, hope you enjoyed!)-- (side note, screw my class :p)--make some sort compound-like structure in the middle of your new town with thicky enforced concrete walls and structure with a staircase that went up to the top (allowing for slowing picking off/setting fire to zombies, and went underground that would act as a last-chance survival-bunker for your community, again with food and water stores.)
Brilliant. You are my first pick when zombers attack!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts