Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Why should there be any connection between a pattern of preferred behaviors and ADHD?
because brain chemistry/operation o_O. Seems like a valid question to me.

I go in for testing very soon. Who knows yet if i will be considered such. I haven't decided if i think it is a disability, per say, but i agree that the patterns exist.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
After researching adult ADHD I was surprised at how much I identified with it.

Never been diagnosed though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was diagnosed with adult ADHD when I was 22 years old.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Do you take any medication?

I have met people who swear by their medication and others who feel they are better without it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take a daytrana patch - 10 mg. It helps me to focus better when I use it for 9 hours every day.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I take a daytrana patch - 10 mg. It helps me to focus better when I use it for 9 hours every day.
Do you feel like it...changes your personality at all? I mean, do you still feel like the same person?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does not change my personality. I stay the same person. It helps me focus better.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
If I understand ADHD right, I'm about the complete opposite. I am a very calm person (On the oustide, at least), and I can dwell on a subject for quite a long amount of time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm diagnosed ADHD as well.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
I was diagnosed with a mild form of ADD. I'm not really hyperactive, even if I am restless at times.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I was diagnosed with adult ADHD when I was 22 years old.
I'm 22 years old and I was recently diagnosed with adult ADHD, too.

I've had anxiety and obsessive-compulsive tendencies my entire life, apparently these things all go hand in hand. My psychiatrist wondered if I've had ADHD all along, with how I used to get in trouble for not paying attention in school. I was never really "hyperactive" in my opinion, I just had trouble focusing. According to my doctor, "hyperactivity" can include compulsive behavior and such, not just restlessness.

I was a bit confused at the diagnosis, but after reading about it, it did make sense. I take a low dose of Adderall. It has really made a difference, and it doesn't make me feel high or anything, so I would say it helps. I only take it when I need to, though, because it kills my appetite and I love to eat. :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do you have ingrown toenails? I have and I am INFJ. I also have a dog, a pickup and limp in the left leg.
Why should there be any connection between a pattern of preferred behaviors and ADHD?
Said behaviors promote activation of specific area of the brain, in varying frequencies. From there, this activation causes neuroplasticity to occur, reinforcing the areas that were used, thus making it easier and more likely that said areas would paid attention to in the future.

The action of Ni may possess some symptoms that correlate with ADHD as the use of Ni becomes the dominate habit.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Said behaviors promote activation of specific area of the brain, in varying frequencies. From there, this activation causes neuroplasticity to occur, reinforcing the areas that were used, thus making it easier and more likely that said areas would paid attention to in the future.

The action of Ni may possess some symptoms that correlate with ADHD as the use of Ni becomes the dominate habit.
This is a very valid point, as ADHD users overuse one part of the brain and don't really use another part.

Or at least that was my impression from a talk I listened to on ADHD.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Not that I know of specifically, although dyslexia can make it difficult to concentrate on one thing for too long at times (scattered concentration can work both ways though for me; skim reading articles or books quickly or needing to research more to fill in any associative blanks to learn more accurately).

·
Registered
556 Posts
Huh, I display quite a few of those "ADHD-I" symptoms... and I dunno if this has anything to do with it, but I'll often have to re-read the same sentences 5 or 6 times, because I've forgotten the bold half by the time I'm half way through reading the underlined half... and then the underlined half makes no bloody sense because there's nothing to link it to? XD

I hate reading, lmao!

Reactions: imocheann

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm diagnosed with ADD. I take Concerta (a stimulant) every morning. I got the diagnosis six years ago (now 30). The meds improve massively my ability to concentrate and I don't have out-of-nowhere mood swings anymore. All this without side effects! Feeling quite normal nowadays.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Huh, I display quite a few of those "ADHD-I" symptoms... and I dunno if this has anything to do with it, but I'll often have to re-read the same sentences 5 or 6 times, because I've forgotten the bold half by the time I'm half way through reading the underlined half... and then the underlined half makes no bloody sense because there's nothing to link it to? XD

I hate reading, lmao!
Re-re-re-re-reading is a typical symptom. I hate reading too! I also majored in comparative literature. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts