Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on this forum that many INFJs do not like clubbing. I myself am not an experienced clubber (i've gone only 2 times so far), but I dont hate it. However there is one thing that I really do not like: It seems like people you meet there wont want to know you genuinely, they just want to either make use of you or merely get sexual satisfaction from you.

I guess it's common for clubbers to make up stories (an euphemism for lying?) about where they study, or their age? I would either tell the truth or not mention it. My ENTP friend says she might also do that too esp. in foreign cities because what happens in __ stays in __. Well i know it's hard when people ask you something but you dont want them to know which is when you might need to make up sth, but people actually make up things before being asked questions. and it seems like they make up things so to look "cooler" :shocked:

I know people always say what happens in __ stays in __; that people just wanna have fun, dont take it serious... so some peeps refuse to be frds with you on facebook afterwards, or add you just because they want to get that pic of him in your album (this is from my limited experience though) - i feel appalled. maybe im just new to clubbing and this is just the normal thing to do, but for me, I think I'd rather treat with people with genuineness...

·
Banned
89 Posts
I went clubbing quite a bit in college and my early 20s. Usually I went with a group of friends I already knew pretty well and i wasn't really trying to meet anyone new. I'd get drunk a lot too which made it a lot easier to live in the moment and be a party girl.

These days you pretty much have to drag me kicking and screaming to get me to go clubbing.

I can't really understand people who still go clubbing after the age of 25. For me it was just something I had to get out of my system. Ok, been there done that had those experiences, time to move on to something else.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have never been much for the clubbing scene. I tend to feel very awkward and out of place in clubs. I generally do not like the music, and it is always far too loud; far too much stimulation. And it is always terribly crowded and hot. Plus, as you point out, it is a bit of a place for superficial hook-up, never my sort of thing. One INFJ I know just really loves to dance, and she goes to clubs specifically for this purpose. Personally, I do not much enjoy dancing, unless I have had a significant amount of alcohol, and even then it is not something I would choose to do. I always feel self-conscious. I have, on occasion, been coaxed into dancing, and have even enjoyedit from time to time, but mostly not.

I have an ENTP friend, and he views things pretty much as your friend does. Honestly, every time I have been clubbing, I just sit there and observe people and feel out place. I have this very strong urge to flee. If I am among friends and am a bit drunk, I loosen up a bit, though I would say that clubs have always been my last choice for going out.

When I was younger, probably from about 20-28 or so, I did enjoy going to bars, shooting pool and drinking with friends. The music was generally more to my liking, and it was easier to meet people on a slightly less superficial basis, and it was not quite as loud. I still enjoy this from time to time.

Now, I am nearing 37, and even the impulse to bar hop has mostly died. Now I am more into intimate, casual affairs, perhaps in a dimly lit restaurant with nice music, a bit of wine, good, genuine conversation.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I am a big fan of clubs...
although it gets akward when people stare at me.
too much attention sometimes.

do like dancing...
usually if I am with one or two extroverts I feel more comfortable.
actually an introvert or two is great too of rwhen I get a bit bored.
in general I love feeling the energy of the place.

typically I listen and dance to dance music alone though :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmm.. Clubbing, the big C. I have only gone 3 times. The first time, was supposed to meet up with course mates in the spirit of 'teamplaying' . I had to drag a friend of mine, hated that we ended up paying to enter the club, found out my coursemates were already drunk :dry:. Luckily i loved the atmosphere in the club. the songs were nice, the club was laaaarge, loved it! but thoughts of my bed crossed my mind every 2mins.

The second time was a graduation party thing and it was FREE!! :crazy:, and the club was gonna play just Nigerian music, aah supa :laughing:!! i went with my housemate, we had a good time, dancing and drinking champagne :wink:. Hated the fact that there were a couple of disrespectful guys. I got so hungry, and had to look out for a Mcdonald, to get my Mayo chicken. Anyway when i got home, i was happier.

The last time, was on my friends graduation day. There was no plan to go out that night, and i wasn't even dressed. But the opportunity came up, and it was to a very popular club in London, i was so curious so i went along. spent most of the night, laughing at people, nursing our jar of Sex on the beach. Hated that there were mannerless people farting everywhere. plus i just hated the whole club thing at some point, girls dancing like what i don't understand..Guys watching their prey...Again, i was craving my bed.

All in all, at this moment i don't know what would take me to a club again. It's not something i could suggest or want someone to suggest to me. I mean..somehow i still don't get the point. plus i'd rather be in bed or online! at that time :laughing:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stopped going to the clubs because it seemed like a visit to the zoo

At least they play better music at the zoo
yessssss zoo! totally a place for potential mating. the way that guys and gals show off their dance steps? reminds me of discovery channel. then why am i still going? perhaps i want to feel the lust and fake before going back to the worthier, haha.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awww, I love clubbing, but only because it allows me to go crazy in a place whose function is to house crazy people for a night's worth of partying. =P

Dancing is a cathartic release for me, and the only place I can do it without feeling stupid is in a club.

Also, in some sense, being in a club allows me to be 'who I really am', not necessarily 'inside', but rather the as the 'I' that I wish I were. Which is really an ESTP or ESFP. To put it bluntly, when I get tired of being so civil and proper, the club is where I go to loosen up, get superficial and flirty for one night, and then it's back to business. So I suppose for myself, it's something of a transient sensory indulgence.

The purpose is in itself.

Reactions: userslon

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's something of a transient sensory indulgence.
i probably feel the same, but then i thought it was also an excuse to become "animalistic" :tongue:

by the way, i'm not good at dancing, im tense especially with people around me. there was a guy at a club who told me i was shy and should loosen up:blushed:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I can't stand going to clubs.... at all. Not for me.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Awww, I love clubbing, but only because it allows me to go crazy in a place whose function is to house crazy people for a night's worth of partying. =P

Dancing is a cathartic release for me, and the only place I can do it without feeling stupid is in a club.

Also, in some sense, being in a club allows me to be 'who I really am', not necessarily 'inside', but rather the as the 'I' that I wish I were. Which is really an ESTP or ESFP. To put it bluntly, when I get tired of being so civil and proper, the club is where I go to loosen up, get superficial and flirty for one night, and then it's back to business. So I suppose for myself, it's something of a transient sensory indulgence.

The purpose is in itself.
Very well put. I only ever survived clubbing if I could dance.

I love dancing especially when I've been warned up by a few ... always have. I consider it to be an art of the body... like martial arts. :wink: Give yourself over to the music... it's a nice release.

Any other fellow INFJs enjoy the dance-floor?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Went for a couple of clubs when I turned the age, and got kind of sick of it immediately. I'm good once every six months or a year if we're talking about the clubbing clubbing. I haven't been to many bars where you can actually talk to people, I think I'd enjoy those more. With good live music for example. Or like, gigs.

Clubs just aren't my thing, as a general rule... It just feels boring, clubbing.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have never been and do not plan on going. So many people, so crowded, with very loud music. I also am not comfortable with myself enough to dance. = No way !:tongue:
I feel exactly the same way. i have not and never will go clubbing for mostly those reasons.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts