Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow INFJ's :)

I'm fairly new to the community and always read threads on here but never joined until now. Has any INFJ
ever met an ENTP Christian girl? I know putting those three words together might even seem impossible but
I feel like that's such a hard find. I know ENFP's are supposedly the next best thing or MAYBE even a ESTP with
some good Fe, but I just thought I'd give it a try.

Also what are your experiences with dating or settling down with a ENFP?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think all these "MBTI pairings" are bullshit. About relationships, to me it really comes down to the person himself in the end.

For example, despite everything being said about this "ENTP-INFJ golden pairing", ENTPs are basically the N type I get along the least if I take a look back (though I did not meet that many).

·
Banned
3,318 Posts
I don't think that the pairings are "bullshit," per-se (I've made good use of them throughout the years), but they're not fool-proof either. There are plenty of factors that will make or break a potential friendship.

In my experience, ENTPs have always been like fire. They're flashy, exciting, provocative, and full of energy. The thing is, fire consumes, and burns. ENTPs are often insatiable when it comes to stimuli and whatnot, which is why they're not my first choice for friends or romantic partners (i.e.: they can have loyalty/attention span issues). I don't fault them for that sort of thing -- it's in their nature -- but I'm not really willing to throw myself into that mix.

ENTP females have been tough for me to find at all, regardless of what their beliefs are. I'm pretty positive that I've met one female ENTP, but that's it. It sucks, because I'd be interested to see where a friendship with one would go. It'd be fun to get the ENTP experience without the issue of sexuality being in the mix (that's usually what mucks things up with ENTP male friendships).

Now, ENFPs being the "next best thing," any regular on this forum knows that I would personally disagree. :laughing:

My husband is an ENFP, so I've got plenty of experience with "settling down" with one. ENFPs can have similar issues to ENTPs (the loyalty/attention span thing), but them having aux. Fi instead of tert. Fe makes them generally calmer in that regard (emphasis on generally. You have to take all of this with a grain of salt and figure things out based on the situation). My husband was 1) raised in a very conservative environment, which ingrained a lot of discipline in him and 2) in his late 20s by the time we met, so he had mellowed out somewhat. In other words, I can't expect the ENFPs you'll come across to be in the same boat he was; willing to settle down.

But, in any case, don't let your relationships be restricted to the MBTI ideals. I've had decent relationships/friendships with pretty much all the personalities (save for ISTJs and ESFPs. Haven't gotten around to them yet; fingers crossed). Keep your mind open.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
ENTP women are rare, and ENTPs in general don't tend toward the doctrinaire, so the ENTP Christian girl is going to be a real elusive butterfly. They're probably out there, but you may be fighting some longer odds in your search than are necessary.

I've always had much better chemistry with ENFPs than with ENTPs. I basically have to have some discernable level of emotional sensitivity in a girlfriend, and preferably a healthy amount. It simply has to be there. Without it, we're just buddies at best. In fact, most ENTP women seem to me that they would rather be buddies with guys than lovers. They seem more interested in busting guys' balls than in connecting, which requires one cave to some degree. ENTP women may have large and convivial circles of male friends yet be somehow perpetually dateless.

ENFPs usually don't have a problem letting you know they want you. Even when they try to hide it, they have terrible poker faces. And, they actually seem to like INFJ guys. Go figure...

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I find that a lot of what's been described by Zosio above is fairly accurate for ESTP's as well. But I digress.

You will be very hard pressed to find religious TP's ... And even in that case, you'll find TP's that while religious and spiritual will consistently overlook the dogma aspect of their religions. If we don't agree with the logic behind something, we tend not to follow it.

Also ... While I agree that there is some merit to religious+religious pairings working out, there will always be problem areas with regards to how much of the religion each person follows and then it gets worse when you have one person that's very religious and the other person just kinda on the spiritual side.

In my case, we were and ESFP+ESTP pair and over time religion became an issue as I always didn't give two shits about following any specific religious codes, whereas I think the feeling side of my ex made her more inclined to following it. With her Inferior Ni she also became extremely dogmatic the more under stress she got (this is something that happens to ESXP types a lot) and I became even less so.

Anyways, my point is that if you're looking for a TP that is going to have anything but their own personalized beliefs in any religion, it's not likely to happen.

BTW as far as functions go, I find that my functional opposite (almost) in an ISTJ (SiTeFiNe vs my SeTiFeNi) covers both our strengths and weaknesses.

I think in an ENTP+INFJ pairing (NiFeTiSe vs NeTiFeSi) there are goung to be problems with regards to practicality and real life matters. Neither like the mundane. Both tend to have their heads in the clouds (at times) and there just isn't enough sensing there to make an ideal matchup where one would cover for the other's weaknesses. Intuition IRL is not valuable imo.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Personally, I find there is something lacking in my interactions with ENTPs, both sexes. I find them cold where I'd want them to be emotional, and perhaps... they're a bit too sarcastic.

Like Elvish Lives said, the feels (for a Fe-user that's Fi in their partner) is terribly missing. Fe on Fe interaction between lovers is not the same as Fe to Fi.

PS There ARE lots of religious ENTPs, and I personally know some, and they're serious in their devotion (I'm guessing that Ti actually helps in this).

PPS Some subtypes of INFJ (the Ti-heavy ones) seem to get along with NTPs muuuuch better than the Fe-heavier ones do. They require (and express) less of the "feels".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I look at cognitive functions almost like a skill tree. my Fe and Ni were pretty well developed at a young age but as I grew older my Ti started to develop a lot more and it's helped me in a lot of situations. Then later on I got more access into my Se probably because of the constant video gaming. People just gotta learn how to use them well.

I think even if ENTP's lack the feels or their Fe isn't really all that developed, there's still room for them to grow in that area. I actually have an ENTP boss that just got super interested in MBTI and he acknowledges he sucks at the emotional aspect and he really wants to progress in it. I dont know if you guys watch House M.D but its like the interactions between House and Wilson. Wilson helps bring House to an understanding of why human emotions and interactions is just so important (the Fe)

It stands out a lot to me, but I know there are different subtypes of each of the 16 types.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts