Personality Cafe banner

INFJ and INFP videos

[INFJ] 
2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  thegirlcandance 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I did watch those videos a while ago, but don't remember much of the content, so I won't comment on that. Their personalities as expressed in the videos do not strike me as typical for INFJs or INFPs, but I my understanding might be off there. I do however think that there are much more reliable videos on INFP and INFJ on YouTube as well as in the "personal video" threads here on PerC.

Also, while videos can be very interesting to watch and see similarities between people of the same type, do be aware that many people mistype themselves, so for the purpose of finding your own type, I suggest you rely primarily on written descriptions, and only use videos, and for that as many as possible, to verify your type.

Sorry to sound negative...

#9 ·
I kind of lost my attention span on the video when INFPatty started playing Smashing Pumpkins. I immediately stopped the video at that point and now 1979 is playing instead.

Anyhoo. From what I could see, the INFJ was probably really shy. She seemed super introverted, and didn't seem to want to reveal much of herself (or even talk, for that matter) so that leaves me with the idea that we weren't seeing all of 'herself'. She didn't seem afraid however to correct INFPatty when she slipped up, which definitely seemed like a valid indication of her type.

#10 ·
That's an interesting observation.

Although I felt like I related more to the 'INFJ' rather than the 'INFP' in the videos I think If I was in the place of the 'INFJ' I would have come across a bit more excited. The INFP comes across as being very enthusiastic and I tend to pick up on these kinds of feelings/expressions and reflect them back.

Also, when I am discussing something that interests me I tend to become lively and upbeat and I nod and smile a lot.

#11 ·
Ok, I'm changing my type to INFJ. Welcome to upside down land.

Reactions: GreenCoyote
#13 ·
I've watched these before on YouTube. INFPatty is certainly a more extraverted version of an INFP... her secondary Ne really shines. The INFJ in the video is certainly a more introverted version of an INFJ and her secondary Fe isn't too developed.

Actually, when I first saw this video I thought INFPatty could very well be an ENFP instead but it could be that since she is talking in the video that she's letting her Ne show more. Its a tough call.

Reactions: penchant
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.