Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you fellow INFJs believe in the law of attraction?

I seem to believe in it. Because it simply answers the reason, the state of my life right now is based on my beliefs and my thoughts. Life to a pessimistic or a negative person is going to be pessimistic because he is attracting those negative thoughts.

If you too as well believe in it (law of attraction). I have a question for you. Just how does Ni doms personalities should go about with law of attraction?
For example, Suppose My Ni tells me there is a high chance something bad is going to happen. Now Law of attraction tells me I should not be thinking about it. But my Ni is simply telling me about the possibility. It COULD be something NEGATIVE. What should I do about it then? Should I ignore my hunches and start speaking positively to myself, reaffirming positive thoughts ignoring my Ni??:rolleyes:

Please explain.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When does this usually happen? Can you give an example?
Well, I will give you two examples, both might be ambiguous. :p

One example is watching my grandfather getting old. I was living with my grandparents, uncle and aunt during my college days. Somedays, when I would return home from college, I would have a slight look at my grandfather. Analyzing him. Watching him getting weaker would really effect me at times. Rest of the family(all Sensors) would ask me what is wrong but I won't reply. I started snapping photos of him because my Ni would tell me signs,like he has not long left. And I never denied it. The rest of the family Sensors could also sense it (him getting weaker) maybe but I am sure it was different than mine.
So it happened, a few months later He bid us all good bye.

My sister (ESFP) blames me for thinking about negative thoughts. She is also a firm believer of law of attraction. And my Ni giving me the not appropriate hunches for the situation and me telling her that really makes her angry.
I think Life comes easy to Sensors I feel. They don't accept a possibility until it Actually happens. But they are still happy.

2nd example is when I was peparing for competitive entrance exams for college admissions. I would randomly affirm to my sister "I am going that college"(The college which was near my grandparents home but it wasn't a profound one) . It was like my Ni telling me that. And I never rebelled. And finally that also happened.

So, there's that. I just want to know from those INFJs who too believe in Law of attraction that should I discard my Ni in such situations???
What shoud I do??
It is really messed up! Lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do you fellow INFJs believe in the law of attraction?

I seem to believe in it. Because it simply answers the reason, the state of my life right now is based on my beliefs and my thoughts. Life to a pessimistic or a negative person is going to be pessimistic because he is attracting those negative thoughts.

If you too as well believe in it (law of attraction). I have a question for you. Just how does Ni doms personalities should go about with law of attraction?
For example, Suppose My Ni tells me there is a high chance something bad is going to happen. Now Law of attraction tells me I should not be thinking about it. But my Ni is simply telling me about the possibility. It COULD be something NEGATIVE. What should I do about it then? Should I ignore my hunches and start speaking positively to myself, reaffirming positive thoughts ignoring my Ni??:rolleyes:

Please explain.
Great question!

This is an all too common misunderstanding that i've witnessed in the Law of Attraction circles, and needs clarification before anything satisfactory can occur. Since i'm not going to write a novel, below is the abridged version.

First let me say, Law of attraction isn't telling you, you shouldn't be thinking about something. Law of attraction simply states that the predominant vibration you give out is what you will receive. Not thinking about something doesn't work, because when you're trying not to think about something, you're thinking of the very thing you're trying not to think about.

There is FAR more leeway in your thoughts than may first seem obvious. You can have several deemed "negative" thoughts and nothing will happen. Paying attention to the way you feel is a better approach because you need quite a bit of focus on thoughts until it gains enough momentum for a feeling to occur.

As far as Ni, the answer is very simple. When there is enough momentum to certain vibrations, Ni will read that and come to a conclusion of what would happen if that came to fruition. You should NEVER ignore your hunches, they are giving you information of your energetic landscape, a better question is, do I want what my hunches are telling me? If yes, keep thinking it, feeling it and adding momentum to it. If not, then start thinking thoughts, and adopting different perspectives that make that situation feel better, moving the feeling/vibration of that situation to a better feeling place, or think of something else that is new that feels good, and add momentum to that. At first you can only invoke small changes, but keep it up and before you know it your whole being will be vibrating in a completely different place on that subject and then by law of attraction you'll experience your environment differently.

Bottom line: Don't ignore your hunches, check to see if they feel good to you or not, if they do feel good, continue to think about it and enjoy it, if it doesn't feel good, think and adopt a different point of view about the situation until that situation feels just a little bit better, and then keep on doing that little by little, day after day, until you come to the place where you truly feel good.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't believe in law of attraction. I believe that positive thinking + positive action = positive results.

From when I read on it, the law of attraction states that all you have to do is think positively for good results. An example I've seen of the law of attraction is, if you think every day really hard that a million dollars will land at your feet, it will happen. I don't believe in that.

You talked about getting into college. Well, it wasn't just your affirmations alone that got you into college. You also prepared and studied for the entrance exams. Positive action.

Also, your grandfather didn't get sick and die just from you thinking about it. If all we had to do was think about everyone being healthy, we wouldn't have hospitals.

Positive thinking is a good thing for yourself, but it isn't everything and it doesn't control everything. There are many unknown variables in life that control random aspects of our lives. We will never be able to control everything with a simple rule or philosophy.

However, I still believe in positive action + positive thoughts, even though I can't control every aspect of my life with it. I will still have bad times despite the positivity, because I believe we can't control anything outside own actions and thoughts. However, it helps my emotional well-being, happiness, and decision making, and that's enough for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
From when I read on it, the law of attraction states that all you have to do is think positively for good results. An example I've seen of the law of attraction is, if you think every day really hard that a million dollars will land at your feet, it will happen. I don't believe in that.
This is where misunderstandings abound in this area. First off, good for you, you shouldn't believe in that non-sense, because it's absolutely not true and if you do, it will cause trouble in your life. But it also has nothing to do with Law of Attraction, what you described is fantasy thinking. Law of Attraction absolutely does not state that all you have to do is think positively for good results. You could have "positive" thoughts all day long, feel like crap and have a miserable life. LOA doesn't even have to do really about thinking. Action can impact your vibration more than thinking can. You actually can effect more positive change in your life by stopping thinking than trying to think positively. LOA has to do more with the true feeling/vibration of your being and the actions and circumstances that are available when in a certain state. You actually did a pretty good job of more fully explaining it with adding positive action to the equation.

I'm not a die-hard LOA fan, but i do understand it and see it operating flawlessly in life, just most people don't know what it is, probably because people out there gave bad information.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
This is where misunderstandings abound in this area. First off, good for you, you shouldn't believe in that non-sense, because it's absolutely not true and if you do, it will cause trouble in your life. But it also has nothing to do with Law of Attraction, what you described is fantasy thinking. Law of Attraction absolutely does not state that all you have to do is think positively for good results. You could have "positive" thoughts all day long, feel like crap and have a miserable life. LOA doesn't even have to do really about thinking. Action can impact your vibration more than thinking can. You actually can effect more positive change in your life by stopping thinking than trying to think positively. LOA has to do more with the true feeling/vibration of your being and the actions and circumstances that are available when in a certain state. You actually did a pretty good job of more fully explaining it with adding positive action to the equation.

I'm not a die-hard LOA fan, but i do understand it and see it operating flawlessly in life, just most people don't know what it is, probably because people out there gave bad information.
Thanks for the clarification. :)

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I don't see any reason to forcefully conjure subjectively good things to happen. I'd rather let the entirety of my experience be what it is, positive or not.

Negativity could also be seen as rejection of what is, what already is happening; denial. If you deny reality, it will seem to deny you. If you allow your experience to be what is already is, it will naturally begin to shift towards a more pleasant experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts