Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had a Lucid Dream?
What are some of your experiences with lucid dreaming?
I have yet to fly in them. Last night I got about 75% of a lucid dream and that's the day I learned about them.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't remember usually, expect when i wake up in the middle of one which is when its scary.

my last dream was about me accdentaly letting out a over weight mass murderer

The only time I remember dreaming is when i realize I'm dreaming I wake up a short time after that.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The lucid dreams I have are semi-reoccuring. They are always of worlds forgoing boundaries and becoming a big jumble, mess together. For example, I've moved around a lot, so in these dreams, I have my childhood life/people, my current life/people, people from various stages in my life, all jumbled up in my dream. It's so strange seeing everyone together. I have vivid scenes where I see them interacting.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have been using lucid dreaming to gain a better look into my subconscious

I have flown in my dreams

It was an interesting sensation

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope it's okay for me to pop over here into this subject. I have a very vivid dream life. I remember watching the movie 'Avatar' in 3D and whispering to my spouse, "This is what my dreams are like." For me, they are often times prophetic of things that are going on in the real world around me. It's blown my mind before how accurate they have been. The downside is if I have one of snakes or being chased. I woke up once with my pulse out the roof. Or I hate those dreams where I'm trying to scream for help and my tongue won't move. Lol!! Or I want to run but my legs won't move. Ugh. Hate those.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I often have lucid dreams. I have flown in them, but not very freely, so I guess I need to work on having more awareness and remembering that I can do whatever I want.

I first started trying to have lucid dreams when I suffered from a recurring nightmare. That nightmare haunted me for at least three years. The dream was black and white and I was running down the street, away from my home. Something horrible was chasing me, but I never knew what, just that I didn't want to get caught...but in the dream, I could not run as quickly as I wanted to, like I was slowed somehow, and when I tried to scream no noise came out. Sometimes it would go further, like I'd get to a neighbor's house but nobody would hear me, or they turned me away. Anyway, I was very sick of that dream, so I practiced lucid dreaming...and eventually, I managed to become aware. I realized that I could make myself run faster, and then I suddenly sped off like the roadrunner from Looney Tunes. :laughing:
My more common way of getting around in dreams is, weirdly enough, through teleportation. If I want to get somewhere more quickly, or change the scene, I close my eyes and turn to the right and will what I want to happen. When I open my eyes, I am where I want to be.

I love lucid dreaming. The world I see in them is so vibrant and vivid and colorful. I wish I could take a picture of it to show the real world.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I am afraid of inducing myself to lucid dreaming...I know that there are ways to do it...but im afraid that I might get "traped" on it if I try :S

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's how my mom feels. She may have accidental lucid dreams from time to time, but she's skeptical on trying to induce them or control them.

I am trying to induce them. I almost get them. I think I did pretty well for attaining 75% lucidity on my first try.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna take a nap (didn't get enough sleep) and try to lucid dream. I'll let ya know in about 90 mins if it's successful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
After surgery the doctors gave me lortab for pain and whenever i took it i usually fall asleep and i would have a lucid dream every time. best experience ever

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol.

I am currently doing reality checks every couple hours and training myself to remember my dreams. I am also doing the thing where you say "tonight while I'm dreaming, I will see my hands and realize I'm dreaming". I hope I'll be able to lucid dream

·
Registered
INFJ 9w1
2,473 Posts
I haven't had much experience with lucid dreaming. Sometimes I am awake/alert when I am asleep and am consciously aware of what's happening, but I can never make myself fly or do anything. It's like I'm observing myself from the third person and am detached from myself. It's weird and sometimes scary.

I wish I could make myself fly and do similar things while asleep. It would be neat to be able to control things like that. Those of you who can do that are lucky.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Excuse my bluntness but I always thought 'lucid dreaming' was more about clarity and understanding? I don't see how flying in your dreams helps you to understand your subconscious... help?

I guess the 'faculties' definition works...

Er nevermind. I have dreams and I can fly in them. They are quite vivid. :laughing:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Excuse my bluntness but I always thought 'lucid dreaming' was more about clarity and understanding? I don't see how flying in your dreams helps you to understand your subconscious... help?

I guess the 'faculties' definition works...

Er nevermind. I have dreams and I can fly in them. They are quite vivid. :laughing:
Lucid dreaming is the ability of realizing you are dreaming while you are still inside the actual dream. It has nothing to do with subconscious. It is not meant for understanding but for... fun!

My dreaming process works in waves, I have times when I don't remember dreams for a week or more and them remember about 8 dreams in a night. I would say that about 80% of my dreams are lucid. I don't really need reality checks but I still do them for fun, my favorite one is with the nose. I also use reality checks when I want to do a crazy thing (tell someone I love, kiss someone, hit someone important etc.) just because I want to be sure it won't have repercussions in real life :crazy:
I've tried several methods of flying (I see it is rather a debated subject). I flied with my bed, like superman, being carried through air, and most often I used the ability of low gravity, where I would hardly reach the ground after jumping.
But for me, the most important part of the lucid dreaming is that I can build connections with people that I never approach in real life: tell them how I feel, hug them for no reason etc. and I am always amazed by their reactions and how happy I feel when I can do this.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
does anyone knows if there are negative effects from trying to induce yourself into lucid dreaming??? like not being to wake up or even dying :S?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
does anyone knows if there are negative effects from trying to induce yourself into lucid dreaming??? like not being to wake up or even dying :S?
It's perfectly safe. It shouldn't even be a scary feeling when you get your first lucid dream. It should feel exhilarating and freeing.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
After surgery the doctors gave me lortab for pain and whenever i took it i usually fall asleep and i would have a lucid dream every time. best experience ever
that is not called lucid dreaming.
that is called getting high xp

·
Registered
630 Posts
Although it is not entirely related to lucid dreaming, you may experience sleep paralysis more often.
As for dying, I was bitten by a lion, smashed on the ground while falling from a very tall building, one arm once got ripped apart, I even divided myself and I am still fine :happy:

Sleep pills work on inducing lucid dreaming because they force the body to shut down while the mind stays aware. But it is not healthy to abuse on them

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Although it is not entirely related to lucid dreaming, you may experience sleep paralysis more often.
As for dying, I was bitten by a lion, smashed on the ground while falling from a very tall building, one arm once got ripped apart, I even divided myself and I am still fine :happy:

Sleep pills work on inducing lucid dreaming because they force the body to shut down while the mind stays aware. But it is not healthy to abuse on them
sleep paralysis? fuck I hate that shit :angry:
although I know how to "leave it" its still very uncomfortable

1 - 20 of 41 Posts