Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
It really depends on what kind of teasing we're talking about.

I'll partake in playful banter with friends, family or others I like.

But, on the other hand, I tend to "tease" or be very dry and sarcastic with a playful mask with people who I really despise. This usually happens in situations in which I can't just be rude.

It's like that meme that goes, "I use sarcasm because saying f*** you in most social situations is unacceptable"
That's me.
:)

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am very playful and like to tease those I'm close to mainly Family and my SO, and some friends but friends less often. Of course no mean hearted teasing all in good jest !

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love teasing, in a playful way, and do it with almost everyone in my life.

I had a simple surgical procedure done this morning, and they had to put me under for it, which I was worried about. There were 4 people in the room, and as I was going under, the doctor said something about the nurses having 60 years of combined nursing experience, so I was in good hands. The anesthesiologist said, "And I've been doing this for 3 weeks. But it's okay, the procedure is on page 32, I have the book."

I told him, "I hope the book has pictures," to which the anesthesiologist replied with, "Oh, I guess you know about my reading problem, then."

Once they were making jokes with me, I knew I was in perfectly good hands, and it was totally cool with me then.

I am really happy when I like the people I'm involved with in any situation. At the store, at work, dealing with my landlord. As long as there is affinity and good-natured banter, I am perfectly, totally happy. Like... everyone has everyone else's best interests at heart.

That's the kind of world I want to live in. And that's the kind of world where a little teasing just brings people closer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I rarely tease people, only sometimes with people i know really well. I am afraid it will be taken the wrong way. Also i am uncomfortable with/sensitive to being teased except from people i know really well and am very comfortable with.

I got teased a lot by boys in primary school which i think is why i still feel kind of awkward around guys. I don't really know how to get over this...

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I only tease someone I'm comfortable around. So I tend to like them at least in the case of considering them a friend or good acquaintance. :eek:) Can't remember if I used to tease someone I was genuinely interested in as far as romance goes, since that was years ago now, though I probably did. I still tease the occasional infatuation if I'm friends with them already, so that doesn't seem to put any sort of filter on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I like to tease and I don't mind being teased back.I love it when i'm not the only one teasing. I do that mostly with ppl I know well and know me well too, so there would be no confusion or misinterpreting the teasing. I wouldn't wanna hurt anybody's feelings. But I would never do it to someone I don't even like.

Reactions: emerald sea

·
Registered
186 Posts
TOTALLY. Ive had exactly 3 girlfriends in my short lifetime and all of them were on some level or another concieved by teasing.

Once I feel comfortable enough I employ sarcasm, teasing, and some bad jokes. Although the time it takes to get comfortable around the person is another conversation entirely. Anyways hope it helps!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@DirtySmilez where you bantering your girlfriend or other people together ? My INFJ best friend and I are very sarccastic together against others (but when they're not here). Or me on me and she on she. Never me on she and she on me. I also suspect an other male friend to be an INFJ and he's pretty much into bantering me and then rreally sad if I get it wrong but it sounds like it's important to him to be able to banter me without me feeling bad about it. Does it sound INFJ to you ?

·
Registered
885 Posts
If we are going to be friends more than polite pleasantries, I am going to tease you. It is almost a test, as someone who takes themselves too seriously and cant make fun of themselves is someone I can't really be around much.

If I am interested in more, there will probably be teasing. I love it. I try to be humorous, and if you take yourself too seriously or just aren't interested in interacting (or if you dont find me funny, but lol like that could happen, im hilarious) then we probably wont mesh.

Especially if youre clumsy. I am clumsy myself, and teasing someone clumsy is so much fun.

Nothing mean spirited, obviously.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love teasing people so much. Generally I will not tease a person unless I like them, I will tease people I'm not romantically interested in, but If I tease someone a lot, it usually means I have a crush on them of some sort. Teasing can seem mean, but there is a playfulness behind it, if I don't like a person I will just be generally cold.
I like to tease guys a lot by playing hard to get, sending mixed signals, physically abusing them, and mentally. They usually know it's all in good fun though, especially the ENTP's.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is bantering someone you like rather an NT thing ? or is it also an INFJ thing ?
I love to banter. And if there is some thought-provoking debate tied in with it, then multiply that by 10. Basically, it's a combination of fun, laughter and brain stimulation and it makes me feel happy and alive.

But for some reason, there seem to be only a few people with whom I can have the kind of banter that I like. Probably, your INFJ friends are really pleased to have met you and they probably have a lot of fun talking to you.

But it sounds like you are unsure whether this particular guy is INFJ or not. Are you saying that he wanted to banter but then worried in case he had said some things to upset you? If that is the case, then he does sound like an INFJ.

It sounds like you would really like to work out what his type is. INFJs often have certain types of hand gestures and eye movements and ways of speaking. Have you tried looking at some INFJ videos to see if you can see some similarities between these INFJs and this guy that you know?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love teasing my close friends. In my way, it shows how much I care about you. I would never tease someone I didn't know very well because I might end up hurting their feelings. When you're one of my close friends, I can tease you because I'm pretty sure that you'll be okay with it and we can both have fun.

It's even better when my friends tease me back. It makes me really happy when all of my friends can tease and joke around with each other.

I love to joke around with people. If I can make someone laugh, then I feel pretty good about making their day brighter. If I'm interested in you, I'll probably tease and joke around more so that I can understand you. The better I know you, the more fun we can have!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Do you like teasing, take the **** out of people ? If so, does it mean you like the person or not ?
Teasing someone generally means I am at least favorable towards them.

I love teasing and banter, but only if it doesn't hurt the other person. I am careful to avoid that.

If we are going to be friends more than polite pleasantries, I am going to tease you. It is almost a test, as someone who takes themselves too seriously and cant make fun of themselves is someone I can't really be around much.
This. Teasing is a good way to discuss some of the "touchier" subjects.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love to banter. And if there is some thought-provoking debate tied in with it, then multiply that by 10. Basically, it's a combination of fun, laughter and brain stimulation and it makes me feel happy and alive.

But for some reason, there seem to be only a few people with whom I can have the kind of banter that I like. Probably, your INFJ friends are really pleased to have met you and they probably have a lot of fun talking to you.

But it sounds like you are unsure whether this particular guy is INFJ or not. Are you saying that he wanted to banter but then worried in case he had said some things to upset you? If that is the case, then he does sound like an INFJ.

It sounds like you would really like to work out what his type is. INFJs often have certain types of hand gestures and eye movements and ways of speaking. Have you tried looking at some INFJ videos to see if you can see some similarities between these INFJs and this guy that you know?
Yes, I am wondering about this guy. Thank you for the video idea. I will check. He's very xNTJish in a professionnal environnement but I suspect him to be an hidden INFJ at heart. He even got an ENTJ type from a MBTI practionner when he was young (but the MBTI practionner then expressed doubts about this type) He had to overcome issues and influences in his youth that might have made him look toughier than he is.
The things that betray him for being a NF are :

-he's very careful about the gesture and look of his SO, any signs she could be bored about him or he could have said something wrong. She's an NTP as well and she just has a wandering mind. He feels guilty and checks on her each time, asking her 1000 times if he did or said something wrong, even though he obviously didn't. She had to re-assure him all the time. Something that ALL NFJs do !! It's how I recognize them !

-he's deeply sad when he banters anyone and notices the person got it wrong.

- he's very into honesty in deep friendship and relationships

-he's into humanitarian work and making a difference in this world.

- he thinks sex is a special involvement in a relationship and should be taken seriously. And that people have first to get to know each other well and connect on an intellectual/emotionnal level before (except if he wants one night stands but if he wants a real relationship he's into this outlook on it).

- his SO is an NTP with high Ti. So she has this need to always always check and reformulate and get precision on things they said together (to make sure she got it right). She's an over-analyzer. She has annoyed his previous BF because of this. He's very patient with her with that. He's able to re-phrase what he said, to reformulate and he's never bored that she needs to understand precisely the map of his mind, decision etc... This sounds a very Ti to Ti thing to me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts