Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was curious: has anyone that's typed as an INFJ here taken the Clifton Strengthsfinder 2.0? If so, what were your results?

My results were:
Restorative: People who are especially talented in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
Significance: People who are especially talented in the Significance theme want to be very important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized.
Deliberative: People who are especially talented in the Deliberative theme are best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices. They anticipate the obstacles.
Futurist: People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
Context: People who are especially talented in the Context theme enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know about Clifton Strengthsfinder 2.0 But I took the now discover your strengths book test which was co written by Clifton many moons ago and I think is pretty much the same thing?

I came out as

Ideation
Strategic
Futuristic
Intellection
Restorative

I was lucky at the time - I had a very good boss who got all her reporting managersto take the test and really tried to use the results in how she worked with us - unfortunately that kind of approach is pretty rare in business - most bosses just assume that you have to adapt to them not the other way round.

I wouldn't be surprised in many infj s came out as restorative and Futuristic - I think many love to help resolve situations (well people based ones anyway) and we do tend to look to the future (sometimes at the expense of the here and now)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm actually curious about the book; did you find it to be personally helpful? It seems pretty popular, but I'd be really grateful if you could give a quick rating on it (if you have time!)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually curious about the book; did you find it to be personally helpful? It seems pretty popular, but I'd be really grateful if you could give a quick rating on it (if you have time!)
To summarize quickly: yes, I found it to be helpful.

I first tested during my first semester of my junior year. At that time in my life I wasn't willing to appreciate how much metaphorical 'gold' there was in the test results. So when I tested again earlier this summer I began to appreciate my 'talents' and find healthier ways to apply them in my everyday life.

For instance, in regard to my Restorative 'talent', the phrase "But what is certain is that you enjoy bringing things back to life It is a wonderful feeling to identify the undermining factor(s), eradicate them, and restore something to its true glory" resonates with me. This process may be myself, another person, a project, a principle or an organization (in fact, it reminds of me of why I love the television series "Deep Space 9" so much: most of the show is about restoring a space station!).

Or in regard to my Significance 'talent', yes, it may be considered 'vain' to want to be seen as and, more importantly, BE important. But I don't care. The phrase: "An independent spirit, you want your work to be a way of life rather than a job, and in that work you want to be given free rein, the leeway to do things your way. Your yearnings feel intense to you, and you honor those yearnings. And so your life is filled with goals, achievements, or qualifications that you crave." strikes me as so true. I'm quite afraid that my life would be significant in regard to this book's definition.

So, it has been quite helpful to me! Acting on those 'talents' (while not forgetting my weaknesses!) has made me a happier, more satisfied person when I do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there,
I did Clifton Strengths Finders in March last year and found it so very very very valuable!!!!!
My results were: 1: Intellection 2: Learner 3: Input 4: Futuristic 5: Strategic.
I'm currently waiting for a code to access all 34 themes in order because actually the top 9 are apparently a good description of who a person really is. Also the bottom 3 are definite areas of weakness we need to be aware of and get people with those strengths along side us when they're needed... not try to be what we're not.

Yesterday my mum put me onto the Myers Briggs stuff. Wow! I seem to be an INFJ and indeed the descriptions I've been reading are indeed insightful about me!

So... I'm interested in hearing if there has been more work done to run StrengthsFinder alongside MyersBriggs to understand and make the most of who we are.
Blessings, mamaRach

·
Registered
569 Posts
Connectedness: People who are especially talented in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.

Intellection: People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Empathy: People who are especially talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations.

Futuristic: People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.

Relator: People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I notice that the one that is in common in all bar one is Intellection... and that of course could be no.s 6-9 for that person making it significant for them... SuperUnknownVortex - do you have a very busy mind... always thinking? (Then it could be still in the top 9... ) which begins a theory that INFJs, kind of predictably I guess, might be characterized with busy minds - Intellection when they take the Clifton Strengths Finder test.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...SuperUnknownVortex - do you have a very busy mind... always thinking? (Then it could be still in the top 9... ) which begins a theory that INFJs, kind of predictably I guess, might be characterized with busy minds - Intellection when they take the Clifton Strengths Finder test.
I've discovered through more counseling and personal introspection and research that I'm more or less an ENFP, but regardless I do still have a 'busy' mind and body. And I most likely I have either ADHD or at least require a lot more stimulation than most. =)

I would say that my Intellection would be in my top ten, but I tend to focus my 'busy' mind around my five strengths (particularly Restorative, Significance and Futurist).

For example, my mind has been metaphorically wrapped around creating the 'ideal' troubleshoot flowchart to explain electric forces, fields, potential and potential energy for my physics course.

Another example was when I attended a recent Bible discussion group. I vehemently argued that since it has been proven through a series of psychological experiments that we spread 'negative' feelings from one another by implication we could as a 'collective' spread 'positive' feelings. Here was my Futurist strength coupled with my Restorative strength.

But, yes, I tend to have such a 'busy' mind...both a blessing and a curse! =)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...I would like to ask anyone who has benefitted from this assessement, how has the Clifton 2.0 StrengthsFinder help you better develop your sense of self?
When I've coupled the Clifton 2.0 StrengthsFinder results with, say, other personality inventories (ex., the MMDI), I've feel more confidant in pursuing a career in the mental health profession mainly because my strengths and my personality would be more (and not less) utilized. I crave a sense of Significance and I emphasize that strength in the career I've chosen to pursue (which you can psychoanalytically analyze if you'd like =] ).

I also feel like I recognized why I felt so passionate about certain things.

And I've begun to find ways to incorporate and express my strengths through my everyday life.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
where can i take the test?

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
How Strengths Finder hasd helped me

Hi there,
Well, where to begin? That is a hard question to answer because I feel it has been SO beneficial and I don't want to miss anything out that might encourage someone else to take it and likewise benefit....

My Top 5: Intellection, Learner, Input, Futuristic, Strategic.

Developing sense of self through Clifton Strengths Finder: - I think all the time (Intellection). I find it hard to have too much going on, too many interactions with people, interuptions to thought processes etc. Hitherto I have been given a truth coach which says "Interuptions are a part of life, don't fight allow"... Yes - they are... but I, employing Strategy (my no. 5) and recognising the importance of trying to go WITH who we are, not against it, and not just flowing along with what everyone else might think is 'the way to be/deal with things' say - am saying 'why not arrange my life to suit intellection - making sure I have time to think every day, throughout the day?'
I have struggled with the place of all the things/goals/relationships/interests in my life and had already been wanting to be clearer about my unique purpose and calling.

Okay, maybe I need to begin with about 10 years back: I came back to the LORD and am a child of God through Jesus. That's most important because, as C.S. Lewis says "I believe in Christianity in the way I believe in the rising of the sun, not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."

Then, growth, growth, growth... relationship with God, overcoming temptations, experiencing different ministries, finding where my heart is, learning, reading, receiving sound teaching, sussing teachings out against the Bible myself, prayer, fellowship..... and on and on and on.

Then, about 3 years ago - introduction to David Riddell's Living Wisdom. Wow! He's a counsellor who teaches counsellors (and still counsels - in person or over the phone, even has clients ringing him from around the world). A very wise man. Gifted, and sharing that gift. [livingwisdom.co.nz]Living Wisdom School of Counselling - New Zealand[/url] . If getting teaching c.d.s I recommend starting with "Getting Back the Reigns of Your Life" and move eventually on to Goals and Enterprise, because that 5-day seminar really resonated with my wanting to move forward and walk in the purposes God has made me for. (By the way, I'm not talking 'blueprint theology' where christians feel they're walking a tight-rope with God and that if they don't choose some exact path that God supposedly has for them then they're failing. I'm talking about the freedom of choice we have within the greater purposes of God to find our niche).

Then, not detailing every help along the way, but honing in on the original question - 'how has the Clifton 2.0 StrengthsFinder helped you better develop your sense of self?'

It made me realise that these things are 'who I am', who I'm made to be. Honouring my makeup is good and not something to apologise for. Alligning these themes with God's overall purposes and my particular heart inclinations has enabled me to form a very clear picture of what I want to be doing in this current season and to have goals that are great but also, I believe, achievable in God.... (Of course Living Wisdom steps in alongside this with things like having goal posts, but of course not being enslaved to those goals... they are there to help me, but I can shift the goal posts myself, adjust my course if need be).

I've seen why things have been frustrating in the past as I've done too much extrovert-requiring activity, high interaction, busy type activities etc and even too many visits with friends etc. that meant I didn't have enough of what I call 'think space' for my makeup.

The idea with Strengths Finder is that you add skills and knowledge to your top themes and then they become strengths. Playing to my strengths and working out a kind of picture of what this season looks like for me and where I want to head has been helped so much by knowing myself in this way and knowing what sorts of things work AGAINST who I am. I now have a clear purpose, and things outside of that I have either eliminated or worked out ways to 'achieve them' more successfully. For example, I do really value my friendships, but if I try to regularly catch up 1-1 with each one every week or two, then there goes any free-time I had for my core purposes. I now 'pool' those catch ups to set gatherings where there'll be the opportunity to chat to one side 1-1 and really connect if certain friends or I feel we want to: at church, openday picnics etc. Otherwise it's the odd text, the odd phone call and the very odd arranged 1-1 catch up. This isn't 'mean' as a little voice in my head wants me to believe based on the apparent 'needs' of some of my friends (which might be to catch up way more frequently etc.), it's enabling me to live out a life that will give more to more people if I keep on track. True friends should be able to come to an understanding of this and celebrate where I'm at just as I want to celebrate the good things in their lives and encourage them to walk in who they are and fulfilling lives themselves. (If not then Living Wisdom truth coaches "Their response is their responsibility" and "I'm not in danger of being insensitive, but I'm in danger of being oversensitive" come into play.)

Not apologizing for who I am, not seeing them as 'faults' even if another person does because it's not how they work. (Likewise seeing the greatness of potential in each person as they are encouraged to go with who they are. Seeing that we are strong when we come together for a purpose/cause and be true to who we are - then all parts are performing their needed function and the body as a whole can function 'what is a body without an eye, a heart, a head? etc.')

Also recognising why some urges are so strong and dialling them down when appropriate - e.g. I have "Input" which likes to collect things, and input also likes to output i.e. find a purpose for those collected things. There is a real urge inside that says 'this will be useful one day, don't throw it out'! Knowing this about myself I have been able to let some things go (like a really old piano that my husband didn't want taking up space anymore) - and say 'it's just the input drive that makes me really want to hold on to this, I don't really need it and I can let it go'.

Instead of just having the heart inclinations and then using my skillset toward that goal, I can now pick routes that honour how I really need to operate to achieve those heart oriented goals. e.g. I previously used administrative and public speaking skills that I gained through education to try to effect change in the third world, and although I was somewhat successful external-results-wise, I was constantly feeling frustrated by the busy-ness, the nerves before speaking, not feeling like what I was doing was enough or feeling dissappointed not enough people were responding etc. Now I know that none of my top 5 are in the Influencing People leadership style and one way to deal with that would have been to get people alongside who did have something like the ability to "Woo" - win people to an idea etc. But also, that although it may not seem like such a direct result, I can effect lasting and positive change by applying myself to what suits my makeup - Writing (and Homeschooling as already intended).

As I have been operating in this new way I've experienced SUCH happiness and fulfillment!!! It's also easy to come back on track because I'm clear about what I'm doing, why, my own makeup etc.

The challenges I've faced so far are mostly around the relationships and 'worrying' about certain friends who have such a different outlook to me. But they are challenges to be grown through and to be overcome with love and truth and wisdom - not to influence me off course into being what I'm not and so being less effective (and less happy too).

Well, hope what I've written will be useful to someone!
Blessings,
MamaRach

·
Registered
858 Posts
Aw, I would love to take the test but don't got a credit card. Hmm, only wish it was free to the public or at least let me download the test. =/

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm an INFJ with
connectedness (relational)
responsibility (executive)
belief (executive)
restorative (executive)
command (influential)

by the looks of this thread,
it looks like these INFJs are very relational or strategic heavy. do you think that's accurate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took a free test (http://richardstep.com/richardstep-strengths-finder-rssf/) and got this as result:

1. Intellection (92%):
People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

2. Belief (92%):
People strong in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.

3. Achiever (83%):
People strong in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.

4. Empathy (83%):
People strong in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others' lives or others' situations.

5. Individualization (83%):
People strong in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.

But these were also all 83%:
Restorative (83%): People strong in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it. Deliberative (83%): People strong in the Deliberative theme are best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices. They anticipate the obstacles.
Ideation (83%): People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
Strategic (83%): People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
Communication (83%): People strong in the Communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters.

The only weird one is achiever. I can work hard if I want to and I like to be productive, but it hardly ever occurs (procrastination)

Anyway, interesting test :) will look into it more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fairness (100%): People strong in the Consistency theme (also called Fairness in the first StrengthsFinder assessment) are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world fairly by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.

Empathy (100%): People strong in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others' lives or others' situations.

Developer (100%): People strong in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.

Learner (100%):
People strong in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

Ideation (100%): People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got 100% for quite a few on the free one. Apparently I have strong feelings about these things. :)

Fairness (100%)
Empathy (100%)
Communication (100%) Surprised by this one, but ok.
Learner (100%)
Intellection (100%)

Inclusiveness (92%)
Ideation (92%)
Futuristic (92%)

Lowest
Activator (17%)
Adaptability (17%)
Woo (17%)
Competition (0%)

Very interesting test. I think for me it made me wonder about my enneagram type again. I get type 9 a lot, but typically if I change a single answer I get type 5. Or they just tie.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts