Personality Cafe banner

What is the ideal match for INFJ?

• Total voters
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I vote for cats.
My INFJ wife was convinced by her friend that if she didn’t go out with people(me) she would end up a cat lady. She now thinks being a cat lady is a good career plan! :)

·
Beer Guardian
14,717 Posts
@Sparky

I say chuck the sources. Your type isn't everything that you are. You can't use a personality test to determine whom you are most compatible with. Go with what feels right to both of you, then work to make it work. That's what ultimately makes or breaks a relationship.

·
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,831 Posts

ENTP x ENFP x ESTP x INFJ relationship would probably be too much to handle, but at least they could keep each other busy while I take regular breaks. :winetime:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #206 (Edited)
@Sparky

I say chuck the sources. Your type isn't everything that you are. You can't use a personality test to determine whom you are most compatible with. Go with what feels right to both of you, then work to make it work. That's what ultimately makes or breaks a relationship.
That's very true, it's like a person can't eat apples for life, so he will want to eat a pear, an orange, or banana sometime as well. According to the book, Conversations with God, it's also good to have a life-long relationship, because there are qualities of that unavailable from other types of relationships

9,999 Posts
My INFJ wife was convinced by her friend that if she didn’t go out with people(me) she would end up a cat lady. She now thinks being a cat lady is a good career plan! :)
It definitely is. Once I manage to teach mine to scratch my back just so, I'll be...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think ESTP would be a "fine" match. They are different enough, but if you are looking for optimization I would go with ENFP/ENTP. Then again, it depends on what you are looking for out of a person. For example, Not too long ago I really liked a ISFJ and she liked me. We did well in some respects, like when I did the problem solving or exercised my Fe, but, although she was curious about my Ne thoughts, she didn't really like them. In the end she would stop asking me questions and I had to learn to be more factual (I'm not sure if this is the correct word to describe this/ Se) in my conversations, but this dried the conversation for me and I started to say less of what I though for it. It was the same for Her. I think that with enough work it is possible, but i think that you may have a better time with an N type in general. My best relationship was with an INFJ. We had the best time together an we really clicked on a soul deep level. So, That's The gist of why i think that over all N is a better match than S, for us iNtuitive types.

Again, If you need anything else feel free to leave a reply.

Also, sorry that it took me so long to get back to you. '(^,-)

:p

201 - 212 of 212 Posts