Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the background. I surprisingly am in the Student activities committee in college (there is maybe 15 of us total). We had our 1st ever talent show and i was asked to be a the photographer. They asked me because they had seen some of my other photos of sunrises, sunsets, weather etc.. Well once everyone got a look at the photos i took, i kept being told by not just students, but staff and community members, that I have that photographic eye and photographic touch that you just can't teach...

Does it seem very INFJ or what??

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
No. It is neither how you gather information nor how you make decisions, which is all that MBTI covers.
You either have a great talent of flattering friends. Ant type may have those -

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok. well i was curious on it because I tend to be told it's because I find the hidden beauty. I know i turn to photography to get away from people. And isnt photography all about what you see. If you perceive something in nature differently (aka seeing the beauty of a rose even if its dirty, or the beauty of sun reflecting off a snowy mountain), wouldnt that come into play? I'm just curious how much personality COULD play into things like that. If you need interaction to get energy, you would not do well in secluded nature with a camera??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But dont get me wrong @OldManRivers , i do get your points, im just not sure how photography doesnt involve how you gather and process the info you see or feel. like being compelled to take a photo of something cuz there was something powerful about it?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ok so the background. I surprisingly am in the Student activities committee in college (there is maybe 15 of us total). We had our 1st ever talent show and i was asked to be a the photographer. They asked me because they had seen some of my other photos of sunrises, sunsets, weather etc.. Well once everyone got a look at the photos i took, i kept being told by not just students, but staff and community members, that I have that photographic eye and photographic touch that you just can't teach...

Does it seem very INFJ or what??

I think it does actually. Infj's see the world from different perspectives. I have had similar comments from a lot of people that see my photos. Have I sold any of them. Once. Have I tried very hard to promote my work. Nope. I feel like photography is my therapy. It makes me look at life in many different ways. I find that I am very visual in my thinking and my viewing of the world. I also have been dabbling in writing too. Might just start up here again any day. For me both come from inspiration. When I am uninspired I rest and look at the world. Then one day the inspiration comes back and I am taking photos like crazy. Keep with it. It's fun and healthy. If you like what your doing you do not need to worry about what others think. Because your getting the enjoyment out of doing it. Develop your eye and you will be amazed at what you will capture. keep at it!!! lol:happy:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've noticed that in the INFJ I know. I can't quite explain it, but he has that natural talent to give life and character to the pictures he takes.
I have no idea if it's mbti related or not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
No. It is neither how you gather information nor how you make decisions, which is all that MBTI covers.
Completely disagree. Photography is exactly about gathering information and making decisions.

Before you even take the photo you're looking around for something interesting, emotive, suggestive... INFJ's are great at focusing on these things. And it's instant through our intuition. We know where to point the camera because we understand what we want the photo to mean.

In terms of operating the camera, anyone can do that with practice - though I don't think we pick that up as good as other more detail-oriented types. But we have expert vision that we've been developing our whole lives from watching people interact around us.

@mnugent93 Your friends and teachers may be supportive of you, but I have no doubt in the authenticity of their praise. Good for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts