Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help finding my personality type?!

Hi, I'm new to personality typing and I am constantly getting INFJ as a result. For the most part I feel that the description does fit but then there are some areas that don't feel like me at all.

0. Isthere anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

For starters, I am a female of 16 years of age. I live most of my life stressing over everything, whether or not it is important, in my control, irrelevant, etc.. Right now is an extremely stressful time because I’m going to be entering college in less than a month and I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with the rest of my life despite countless times to figure it out. But I guess I will always be this way.

1. Click on this link: Flickr:Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, andwrite about your impression of it.

/photos/fairviewdesign/9599280643/in/explore-2013-08-26
I like the contrast that the teal-colored patches around the sheep’s neck area give against the color of their wool. I am also a fan how the foreground looks compared to the hills in the background. The quality in the rocks/boulders appeals to me for some reason. I do not like, however, the painterly feel ofthe background water and cloud area. In my opinion it looks a bit doctored.This isn’t helped by the fact that the “horizon” cuts straight through the middle of the picture causing me to feel like I’m looking at a separate photograph and a separate painting.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to seeyour favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for anunknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? Whatare your outward reactions?

Initial thoughts: Wow, I have the worst luck. Why does everything that can go wrong in a situation, always go wrong.

Outward reactions: Try to keep myself/others calm and in good spirits and call my parents to inform them of the situation and possibly AAA afterwards if the situation isn’t remedied by then.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterpartythat was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive backlater). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I really don’t want to go to the afterparty seeing as how it will probably be one of the most awkward experiences in my life. But I go anyway because I don’t want to disappoint anyone or seem “lame”. I’m not into drinking at my age, so I won’t consume any alcohol. I would most likely take the keys from the original DD and tell them to go have fun.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim thatclashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do yououtwardly say?

Inward reaction: “You sound extremely stupid right now..” I’m probably just listing off reasons why they’re wrong and how I’m right in my head.
Outward: I zone out. I bite my tongue. I almost always do. Unless I’m personally attacked.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clasheswith your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Unless it was something monumental, I would take it into consideration but I doubt I would change.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come aboutdetermining them? How can they change?

Honesty, Loyalty, Humility, Respect, Selflessness, Hardworking, Reliability
I came about determining them through different experiences that I’ve had in my 16 short years. Being surprised by some and disappointed by others. I think that they are able to change in how I define them individually and that can either be for better or for worse.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b)If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I am able to “fake” being good at something, if I try hard enough.
b) I would change my introverted-ness/interaction with society. I hate the way that I feel. I hate not being like other people my age that like going to parties. I hate how it makes me feel like a boring loser because I rarely ever go out.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they mostoften triggered?

I often go through with gut feelings even though they've proved to be unreliable in some cases. They are usually triggered in situations where I’m doing something I’m not supposed to be doing.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Theactivities that energize me the most are the ones that I can do alone at 2 am. Drawing, watching TV, playing videogames, surfing the internet, learning new songs, painting and sometimes reading.
b) The activities that drain me the most are large family functions. We usually have 10 or more large family functions per year. Which includes aunts, uncles, family friends and way too many cousins to count.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought processwhen around others? Why?

I repress a lot when I’m around others. I care way too much about what others think about me.
I repress the fact that I do swear a lot, how much fun I am not having and how things actually do hurt my feelings no matter how "jokingly" you said it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Initial thoughts: Wow, I have the worst luck. Why does everything that can go wrong in a situation, always go wrong.

Outward reactions: Try to keep myself/others calm and in good spirits and call my parents to inform them of the situation and possibly AAA afterwards if the situation isn’t remedied by then.

I really don’t want to go to the afterparty seeing as how it will probably be one of the most awkward experiences in my life. But I go anyway because I don’t want to disappoint anyone or seem “lame”. I’m not into drinking at my age, so I won’t consume any alcohol. I would most likely take the keys from the original DD and tell them to go have fun.

I repress a lot when I’m around others. I care way too much about what others think about me.
I repress the fact that I do swear a lot, how much fun I am not having and how things actually do hurt my feelings no matter how "jokingly" you said it.

Based on these responses, you're definitely ringing up as an extraverted Feeling user in my book. I will say that you seem like an ISFJ to me because you are very aware of what others think and you're concerned about keeping the stability of a group.

What do you think about this diagnosis? Why do you think that you are an INFJ?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Based on these responses, you're definitely ringing up as an extraverted Feeling user in my book. I will say that you seem like an ISFJ to me because you are very aware of what others think and you're concerned about keeping the stability of a group.

What do you think about this diagnosis? Why do you think that you are an INFJ?
I assume your basis is that S types are detail-oriented? if she is ISFJ then her dominant is Si which is not so much about details like Se as it is about past experience. Being aware of other's thoughts and feelings is a Fe thing as much as I know.

fieldsoflore I personally know several INFJs and you definitely sound like one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I assume your basis is that S types are detail-oriented? if she is ISFJ then her dominant is Si which is not so much about details like Se as it is about past experience.
I've always had the impression that people who use Si as their dominant or secondary function are very attuned to details and picking up all the little pieces. And they're also ones who will use their past experience and knowledge as a guidepost, like you said.

But in response to fieldsoflore, have you read anything about Introverted Sensing and Introverted Intuition? What are your impressions on how you use those functions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In response to candiedViolet : I am fairly new to typing and INFJ happens to be the result that I keep getting. I have not really read up a lot on Introverted Sensing or Introverted Intuition. I should probably research more on the other types as well as the individual functions. Thank you for responding so quickly !

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Last edited by fieldsoflore; Today at 12:19 AM. Reason: font inconsistencies

haha :) the literature perfectionism of an INFJ :)

Reactions: fieldsoflore
1 - 7 of 7 Posts