Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So dabbling through the video thread of each o' these personality types has brought me to the conclusion that INFJ's have an intense pair of eyes. Very cold deep stare. As if they want to see through your facade and very soul. They have a fixed gaze and the eyes are flat and sharply dull.

INFP's have eyes that are sometimes watery, and definitely fidgety, their glances are soft and unassuming, and often curious looking. They have dreamy eyes.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Agreed. It is something that has been dubbed the "INFJ death stare" - there are some more examples of it in the pics forum in the INTJ thread, albeit those are colder Te-ish 'death stares'. INFPs do appear to have a more idealistic and curious spark in their eyes.

You also might be interested in reading this article about typing people by their mannerisms: Guide to typing in real time. - INTP Forum

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. It is something that has been dubbed the "INFJ death stare" - there are some more examples of it in the pics forum in the INTJ thread, albeit those are colder Te-ish 'death stares'. INFPs do appear to have a more idealistic and curious spark in their eyes.

You also might be interested in reading this article about typing people by their mannerisms: Guide to typing in real time. - INTP Forum
That looks interesting, I'll check it out!

·
Registered
409 Posts
INFJ's have an intense pair of eyes. Very cold deep stare. As if they want to see through your facade and very soul. They have a fixed gaze and the eyes are flat and sharply dull.
INFP's have eyes that are sometimes watery, and definitely fidgety, their glances are soft and unassuming, and often curious looking. They have dreamy eyes.
I definitely have an intense gaze, when I am interested, but I don't know that it is cold. An INFP friend of mine rather likes my intensity, but I don't know about others. I am intense in general... Now I have to say, in my experience INFP's do have dreamy, expressive eyes. If only I was one letter different...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have never met an INFP in person that I know of but I agree with INFJ eyes. There are many avatars here with the member's face, and the eye especially in proportion to the face are so alike.. and the race of the person doesn't matter. I would call my eyes intense and calculating

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I don't know what others' eyes look like but I know what mine look like. Since the time I was in high school (14 or 15), I remember people asking me, what are you thinking about??????? Like I made a new discovery or something.

When I'm thinking about something, always intense and focused eyes. Cold? I'm not sure, I wouldn't put it past me though. I could see that in being the case.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yupyup!
I have discovered that INFJ's stare can get uber intense, I personally can't look away, i almost find it a challenge, i always almost instantly smile back cus i like how it's not intimate more like a battle of inner emotion bein homed in through the eyes, in that moment i try to figure out what their thinking only to get nothing, makes me want to try again X3

·
Registered
964 Posts
INFP gaze shows the Fi to me, its very inward lookig, even when looking out at a perso, definately softer dreamier, les intense, and more lowered movements alternating with looking at the person directly.
INFJ is more intense, and one way. Fe is directed outwards, drinking in the persons aura, and everything about them, and they are like a mirrored sunglasses effect, they see all, but let nothing back at the other person, just a reflective surface, kinda thing. When an INFJ is looking at you, its all about you baby, lol.
I like the gaze of INFP's, its calming, and not too intense. Theres something reminiscent of cool streams, trickling water, its just serene.
G. x

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Come to think of it, I think my eyes are either intense and focused on something or someone, or, they are a little dreamy but more dead (ex. if I am not listening, or am very tired and cannot think).

I probably spend most of my day with an intense look on my face.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I love, love, love INFJ eyes - of course I'm probably biased, but I just love it when two people connect with the same intensity coming from each person. It's hard to explain, but when it happens it's awesome. Sometimes with the other INFJs I know, when they look at you it's like they filter out all peripheral distractions, and you're the only thing/person there. Some may find it disconcerting to be so focused on, but I for one can give as good as I get so i don't mind in the least.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Nobody has ever commented on my eyes like that aside from elementary school, where the running gag was that I had "big bug eyes".

I suppose you can say I've "grown into them" over the years. On a side note, they change color-- when I am sad they become a misty grey. Conversely, in good moods, they're a bright, sky blue. I haven't figured out how this works yet.

Aside from color, my eyes consistently have heavy bags under them. It makes me look tired and weary most of the time, hence why I got the moniker "The Zomboy" from my college mates.

I'm curious to know what other people think of my eyes.

@Kerrime- Long-haired girl is INFJ while the shorter-haired one is the INFP. Did I win?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
INFP gaze shows the Fi to me, its very inward lookig, even when looking out at a perso, definately softer dreamier, les intense, and more lowered movements alternating with looking at the person directly.
INFJ is more intense, and one way. Fe is directed outwards, drinking in the persons aura, and everything about them, and they are like a mirrored sunglasses effect, they see all, but let nothing back at the other person, just a reflective surface, kinda thing. When an INFJ is looking at you, its all about you baby, lol.
I like the gaze of INFP's, its calming, and not too intense. Theres something reminiscent of cool streams, trickling water, its just serene.
G. x
I don't know if I have experienced the INFP stare

but my ESFP friend has that same serene look.
when my emotions get to charged and all over the place as tey usually do around other people, looking into his eyes literally brings me right back into myself.

I get that same calm feeling.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had something like this happen to me the other day. I'm a pretty unexpressive person up front and I don't think people often notice when something is bothering me. At best people will see me blank out into deep thought but the other day something happened that upset me and bothered me and a girl came up to me and starting talking to me about it but I stayed very unemotional as usual and talked with her briefly before I got out of the conversation because there was a lot of people around and I don't really like opening up publicly. Anyways, when I was leaving and I was telling her bye as I walked to my car I looked at her and I could see it on her face and it went through my mind "oh my god, she can see me". It was a strange feeling like when I looked at her it seemed as if we met on an almost telepathic level and I'm not used to being engaged that way by someone else. I don't know her type but it was a unique experience.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
nope. other way around. . . I should probably get a clearer picture. . . now to find my camera
Funny, that was my first guess. But then I examined facial expression and switched it around. Granted, I'm on my iPod touch, so I couldn't really get a good look at the image anyway. :p

·
Registered
701 Posts
So dabbling through the video thread of each o' these personality types has brought me to the conclusion that INFJ's have an intense pair of eyes. Very cold deep stare. As if they want to see through your facade and very soul. They have a fixed gaze and the eyes are flat and sharply dull.

Actually, according to other people I often look stoned. :confused: INFP here. I would agree on INFJ, though, based on my aunt, who is so far as I can tell a prototype INFJ.

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮ INFJ 666 sx/sp 🇺🇸💃🏻💋
3,491 Posts
I think this is true. My ENTJ friend tells me all the time that I look at people as if I can see straight through them. She says it unnerving at times.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts