Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm pretty new on here.. from my current stay (which has been short) I've noticed alot of INFJ's who are really artsy and cool. So I just want to take this time to encourage everybody to post up some of your works of art. Anything from Photography, 3D, Graphics, Illustration, or collages! I'd love to see it!

So, I'll start off by posting up one of my final for my Design Process 2 class at school. I'm in industrial design but my major is "entertainment design". Basically... I want to get a job designing cool characters, creatures, environments, and vehicles for video games =)

This image was digitally painted in photoshop, and ofcourse I used some commercial ads as parts of the background (see vogue, apple, images). There's a watermark on the image (bottem right hand corner) it's my initials =):

I'm so interested in seeing everybody's works! I love all kinds of art, so please don't be shy! Show me what you're made of~!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Runescribe

Summarized in two pictures

The Scribe

And The Rune
(But you have to understand what the word Rune "means" to understand.)

There you have it. Some samples of my art and the description of my name and nature - all summed up in 2 images.

As far as anybody knows... bwah hah hah hah :crazy:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooo, that's beautiful! I love the second one alot. It reminds me of... what's that artists name... Alphonse Mucha! Love it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am no visual artist myself, but definitely an art appreciator. Looking forward to seeing more!

Reactions: Runescribe

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have no talent for this kind of art, unfortunately...but I'd love to see what you guys have made. :happy: Always thought that I might be good at photography, because pictures that I take are usually complimented, but I never took it up.

Anyway, Runescribe: That's beautiful! You've got a lot of talent.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can't figure out how to use the scanner or I would put some up. Most of my work has been associated with trying to capture certain emotions or moods in human figures. I did a self portrait of me painting.

I need to get back to this. I've sort of given up visual art and probably shouldn't have.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks dejavu.

Soul Searcher - begin by just creating the art and don't think about the meaning. In fact don't even worry about if it is any good or not because that doesn't matter (at least not at first). Yes this is shallow and very non-INFJ at first blush. But you will be doing it for a very INFJ reason, which is that you know meaning exists in the activity but it won't be revealed until you have done it.

Art is a great way to vent frustration into a creative outlet, explore new ideas and to bring happiness to people. Once I realized that people actually enjoyed seeing my work, that it brought them happiness, I wanted to do it more and more. I'm even happy when makes people angry because I know it made them think, but I'm happier when I know it made them happy.

This is maybe one of the sappiest posts I've written. But it's true.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks dejavu.

Soul Searcher - begin by just creating the art and don't think about the meaning. In fact don't even worry about if it is any good or not because that doesn't matter (at least not at first). Yes this is shallow and very non-INFJ at first blush. But you will be doing it for a very INFJ reason, which is that you know meaning exists in the activity but it won't be revealed until you have done it.

Art is a great way to vent frustration into a creative outlet, explore new ideas and to bring happiness to people. Once I realized that people actually enjoyed seeing my work, that it brought them happiness, I wanted to do it more and more. I'm even happy when makes people angry because I know it made them think, but I'm happier when I know it made them happy.

This is maybe one of the sappiest posts I've written. But it's true.
I used art very much as you describe when I was much younger. But I've allowed circumstances to get in the way of doing it now. I always feel that it's a recreational activity, and as such cannot be justified unless I have a lot of time to kill. That's how i feel about it, but it makes no sense because I do have time to kill, I just choose to spend it on reading, music or writing. I'm a writer and a singer more than anything.

I guess I've just chosen a different medium.

But there is something unique about visual art. I shouldn't have given it up.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I come from a musical family but honestly I just didn't get the same gift for it that the rest of them have. I can play along but I lack the virtuosity of my mother or my oldest daughter. I always felt differently about art. I just kind of knew it was my thing and that there were many ideas to explore. Once I began to learn about the relationships between art, symbolism, language and narrative - that was it. There was no going back.

It also gives you a chance to paint girls naked while giving a good excuse to the wife.

Kidding....

Actually no, not kidding. (bows head in shame) But she doesn't seem to care, so maybe I really don't need an excuse. LOL

·
Registered
473 Posts
I come from a musical family but honestly I just didn't get the same gift for it that the rest of them have. I can play along but I lack the virtuosity of my mother or my oldest daughter. I always felt differently about art. I just kind of knew it was my thing and that there were many ideas to explore. Once I began to learn about the relationships between art, symbolism, language and narrative - that was it. There was no going back.

It also gives you a chance to paint girls naked while giving a good excuse to the wife.

Kidding....

Actually no, not kidding. (bows head in shame) But she doesn't seem to care, so maybe I really don't need an excuse. LOL
LOL!!:crazy:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XD that's terrible

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
dammit guys! you are all so great at drawing...its embarrasing to post my drawings :S

ok here goes...this were my first, I didnt took any classes...

I know I know...horrible quality...it was my cellphone camera...the paper wouldnt fit in my scanner

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know I know...horrible quality...it was my cellphone camera...the paper wouldnt fit in my scanner
That's good. It means you draw big. Most people draw too small, me included. You have a lot more freedom if you get used to drawing on a larger surface. Keep going! :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dammit guys! you are all so great at drawing...its embarrasing to post my drawings :S

ok here goes...this were my first, I didnt took any classes...

Great job! Those are so nostalgic. Reminds me of all those lonely nights I spent during the summer in high school, sketching until 4am. Man, those were the days!

Posting up a digital painting I did back in my Junior or Senior year of high school when I just started painting in photoshop. Maybe fairies will strike more fancy than creatures LOL:

keep the works coming!

·
Registered
85 Posts
You guys are awesome at this :eek: Good job!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow, you guys are incredible! I have to say, I like this stuff a lot more than most of the stuff I see in sketch pads. There's some timeless quality to it.

I know music wasn't mentioned, but what can I say? Music is my most comfortable medium. It's always been a secret outlet for me. I make some ridiculously happy music and some downright strange stuff, but I feel a big weight lifted after I finish a song that I liked. It's like I can't express myself to anyone (even close friends only have certain areas that I feel like they can handle) so I get it out through music.

This music probably isn't for everyone, but then again, it's not for everyone. It's for me to get out so I can breeeeeeathe. Ignore the naming convention... I can't name the songs until they're done, but I'm thinking I'm going to name this collection "Superpowers Are A Choice" because... they are. :tongue:

This one's happy, mostly. Needs restructuring and a better ending. Feels too tight.
April 22 4 by songsketch on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This one... makes me feel like an INFJ, and is a good example why none of my friends get all the way in :wink: It's almost done, unless I decide to add some parts to let it breathe a little more.
10 24 09 5 by songsketch on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

1 - 20 of 49 Posts