Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious,

I have noticed that alot of Infjs have esfps as mothers.

I was wondering what types the children usually are that the Infjs raise.

I know that not all Infjs may raise the same type,

But I'm wondering if any of you have seen a pattern on what Infjs children types tend to typically be, If there is a pattern or not.

So if you have children and know their type please put below

Thank you!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Oldest is an INFJ. Second hasn't taken any tests/inventories, but I KNOW she's introverted, and most likely INFx. Like her brother and me, she has a whole world inside her head. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to find she's INFJ as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oldest is an INFJ. Second hasn't taken any tests/inventories, but I KNOW she's introverted, and most likely INFx. Like her brother and me, she has a whole world inside her head. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to find she's INFJ as well.
Yay more Infjs, we need more of us! Lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
My mother is an INFJ like myself. We get along really well most of the time. We talk a lot about life and share many of the same opinions. The biggest wedge in our relationship is that unfortunately she's very immature in communication. She grew up in an unhealthy family where no one communicated in a healthy way. She gets very irrational & angry- even I can't try to talk her down. She gets very passive-aggressive- I believe this stems from her lack of confidence. She's too scared of upfront conflict, so goes about expressing her bitterness is other ways. She's also very self-righteous. She sees herself as a constant victim of life.

I love my mother & I wouldn't trade her for anyone, I just wish she'd get counseling so she could grow. We're similar in many ways, but polar opposites in others. I guess we have different areas of weakness?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
My mother is an ENFP and my children are both SJ's, oddly enough. My daughter is a bossy high-achieving ESTJ who is always involved in a million activities and could probably rule a small country on the side if that's what she wanted to do. My son is an easy-going (thank heavens!), loyal ESFJ. I have no idea how I managed to have children so different from me. I do find it a little easier to find common ground with my son since we both have Fe as cognitive functions. With my daughter, I've always pushed to get her to have compassion for others to keep her "T" aspect from making her too coldly rational. So far, that approach has worked well, I think.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of my aunts is an INFJ and her son is an INTJ. It's a bit of a challenge, though. He's the first and only NT in our family, empathy is a foreign concept to him and he still thinks nobody can measure his intelligence. But things are pretty good so far: He's very polite and sharp-witted, and our frequent family gatherings help him open up to other children. My aunt also profits a lot from their relationship: She finally steps out of my ISFJ grandmother's huge shadow to be able to understand her son's point of view (= working on her poor Ni).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I was curious,

I have noticed that alot of Infjs have esfps as mothers.

I was wondering what types the children usually are that the Infjs raise.

I know that not all Infjs may raise the same type,

But I'm wondering if any of you have seen a pattern on what Infjs children types tend to typically be, If there is a pattern or not.

So if you have children and know their type please put below

Thank you!
I often wonder how my children will turn out. I'm obviously an INFJ and my fiance is an ISTJ so i think our baby will definitely be an introvert. The majority of my side of the family are and I think my mother in law and sister in law are introverts too.

I have a feeling they'll be a really nice person, but I guess i'll have to wait six months until they are born so I can get to know them :tongue: Philip (my fiance) says he hopes they will be nice and caring and emotional like me, but be able to defend and stick up for themselves like him.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My mother is an INFJ like myself. We get along really well most of the time. We talk a lot about life and share many of the same opinions. The biggest wedge in our relationship is that unfortunately she's very immature in communication. She grew up in an unhealthy family where no one communicated in a healthy way. She gets very irrational & angry- even I can't try to talk her down. She gets very passive-aggressive- I believe this stems from her lack of confidence. She's too scared of upfront conflict, so goes about expressing her bitterness is other ways. She's also very self-righteous. She sees herself as a constant victim of life.

I love my mother & I wouldn't trade her for anyone, I just wish she'd get counseling so she could grow. We're similar in many ways, but polar opposites in others. I guess we have different areas of weakness?
Your mother sounds incredibly similar to my mum, who i believe to be an INFJ. Though, she doesn't exactly shy from confrontation. If anything she used to be far too aggressive when i was younger, though that seems to have settled down now. I think it's because like your mother, she grew up in a very unhealthy family, so she always felt the need to over compensate when she felt she had to stick up for herself. I'm the same but in a non - aggressive way. I'm definitely a pacifist :happy:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I think my son is an ENFJ- definite extrovert, a people person, very expressive, likes to organize games for the other kids and include everyone. Also zones out a lot and is highly imaginative. My daughter is very cuddly, introvert, but very active and talented in the physical stuff like climbing and gymnastics, even though she's just two and a half. I think she's a Se aux. I would guess ISFP. Little sweethearts. <3
My own mom did the MBTI as a part of career counseling. Can't remember what she got but remembers the recommended careers were writer, artist, priest and psychologist. I think she's an INFJ. My dad is probs an INFP, I think. My sister is an ESFJ. Brothers maybe ISTP, INTP and the youngest has Aspergers so it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As I've mentioned many times on here, my mother is either an INFJ or an ISFJ with an abnormally strong intuitive sense. She fits the previous descriptions of INFJ moms completely. Even down to the lingering reactions from a bad childhood.

That said, I am INFJ and my older sister has taken mostly after our ESTP father by being an ESFP.

(For those of you thinking... "Wait, an INFJ and an ESTP married?" Yeah, that didn't work out too well)

Reactions: denasmee

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have two daughters: one is ESFJ and one is ENFJ.

Their father (my ex-husband) is ISTJ.

So it's definitely possible for two introverts to produce extraverts!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I don't know what type my mother was...I could only speculate. Best guess, I'd say ESFx, with a slight edge toward ESFJ, and an extremely unhealthy one at that.

My children are, from oldest to youngest:

(1) Daughter, age 18: ENTJ, no doubt. When people on this forum tell her she's mistyped, I laugh.
(2) Daughter, age 15 (nearly 16): Probably ESFP, but maybe ISFP. I think she's a Se-dom, not a Fi-dom, but there's still some question there.
(3) Daughter, (almost) age 13: ISTJ, no doubt. I know that at her age, it's not considered definitive, but if you met her, you'd understand why there's no question here.
(4) Son, age 8: Probably going to be EXFJ, based on trends I'm seeing in him now, but he's far too young at this age to type with any degree of certainty. He seems like a Fe-dom at this point, but as for his other functions, I couldn't say. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I often wonder how my children will turn out. I'm obviously an INFJ and my fiance is an ISTJ so i think our baby will definitely be an introvert.
Don't count on it...my ex-spouse is an INTJ and I'm an INFJ, yet we have 2 definite extraverts and 1 probable one. It definitely makes life interesting! :happy:

Never, ever a dull moment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a feeling they'll be a really nice person, but I guess i'll have to wait six months until they are born so I can get to know them :tongue:
I'm pregnant with my first and due in six months (March 2014), too! Congratulations!

So obviously I can't chip in with how my child will turn out yet. My mom is INFP and dad is ESFJ. We kids are INFJ (me), ISTP (sister), ENTP (sister) and ISTJ (brother).

I married an ISTP. He is loving, attentive, involved, and already in love with our baby (I swear he has baby fever more than I do!). But he can also be incredibly stubborn. It will be interesting to see how our child(ren) turn out.

I envision (and hope for) deep bonds and the ability to connect authentically about matters. My mother was never able to handle issues of any kind in an honest, upfront way - preferring instead to be passive aggressive - and so that led to many problems for us as teenagers. I hope to be the kind of parent that my child(ren) will trust with their serious issues. (Wishful thinking...? Maybe, but I pray that it won't be. I am getting counseling myself so hopefully I will be more equipped to be the mother I want to be, and stronger in areas where my own mother was incredibly weak.)

·
Registered
205 Posts
My Grandmother practically raised me, but I have a really close relationship with my aunt. She's always called me "Grandma Junior". Ironically enough, we're both INFJs
That's sweet! :happy:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'm pregnant with my first and due in six months (March 2014), too! Congratulations!

So obviously I can't chip in with how my child will turn out yet. My mom is INFP and dad is ESFJ. We kids are INFJ (me), ISTP (sister), ENTP (sister) and ISTJ (brother).

I married an ISTP. He is loving, attentive, involved, and already in love with our baby (I swear he has baby fever more than I do!). But he can also be incredibly stubborn. It will be interesting to see how our child(ren) turn out.

I envision (and hope for) deep bonds and the ability to connect authentically about matters. My mother was never able to handle issues of any kind in an honest, upfront way - preferring instead to be passive aggressive - and so that led to many problems for us as teenagers. I hope to be the kind of parent that my child(ren) will trust with their serious issues. (Wishful thinking...? Maybe, but I pray that it won't be. I am getting counseling myself so hopefully I will be more equipped to be the mother I want to be, and stronger in areas where my own mother was incredibly weak.)
Wow, that is so great! Congratulations to you, too! :happy:

My ISTJ is already in love with our baby too, he's already planning to be an embarrassing dad. I love him even more for that :tongue:

In regards to my mother, I too wish to be an improvement. We have a wonderful relationship now, and I forgave her a long time ago, but it's the kind of behavior she had in the past I won't expose my children to.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Don't count on it...my ex-spouse is an INTJ and I'm an INFJ, yet we have 2 definite extraverts and 1 probable one. It definitely makes life interesting! :happy:

Never, ever a dull moment.
How very interesting. :happy: It's strange how things work out like that, what a vibrant household you must have! :happy:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
My dad is INFJ and my mom is ESFJ. I'm INFJ like my dad and my younger brothers are INTJ and ISFJ. I have older brothers but I don't know their MBTI type. But it seems that my mom is the only extravert in the family. :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts