Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking more into cognitive functions and how INFJs work. Could the cognitive functions of INFJs be thought of as a "growth" or "learning" machine working together that uses people as a fuel? Maybe fuel isn't the right word for it. Oh well.

Not necessarily in this order but...

Ni- Making connections, symbols, metaphors, system building, big picture. Finding even more ways to connect.
Fe- Engaging the outside world primary through people. Picking up others' feelings and causes, reaching out, sharing with others, harmonizing.
Ti- Taking apart and placing what has been picked up from people in the big picture, organizing, detailed but in idea form.
Se- Living it out, engaging in the reality

Repeat, but this time you now have a bigger picture than before. More crayons...more puzzle pieces...more connections etc.

Meh something like that.

So yes/no? Idk. Ti powers go!

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
In the descriptions it says we're very focused on growth, especially the growth of other people.

Though with the word "fuel", I had this image of a giant INFJ running along shoving people in its mouth. Just a tad creepy. :laughing:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After sleeping on it I came up with some better words: scan and download.

INFJs scan and download (understand) people into their database of Ni with Fe, and use Ti to categorize and store it. But now I guess the situation I'm looking at is the "self". Fi can be thought of as the self if I am correct? And that's a shadow function...

Now I'm thinking about INFJs being these people-computers. Robots! Ha ha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts