Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1793 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we needed one.

I volunteer on a Crisis Line where people will call in and often share things that may be bothering them. In some cases, these stories are incredibly morbid and are beyond what you'd read in any book, or could possibly imagine in a nightmare.

Now, I'm a very hopeful individual and I pride myself on trying to inspire others. However, in the case of some of these callers, call it intuition, call it cynicism, you name it... but deep down you truly empathize with them on a level that -knows- there is just too much to bare. Still, I throw blind faith and hope for the best, but I really just think I'm prolonging their suffering... part of me wants to say that they're better off dead.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Last summer, I was tying to lose weight. Counting calories, etc.

We were at my grandmother's house, and I ate so many Fritos that I felt sick to my stomach.

Later, we went over to my cousin's house. We were playing soccer.

I went inside to their bathroom. The kids' bathroom with pictures of washing hands and foam soap. Everyone was right outside the window playing soccer. I could see the sunlight coming through. I could hear them. The noises people make when they're having fun. Laughter, shouting, the occasional arguing.

I stuck my finger down my throat and tried to throw up. The main thing that stopped me was the thought that the smell would give me away.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I treat and honestly interact with my cats as though they are a step above me, a mere human. They run my apartment (even my roommates!) and my life in many, small ways. I treat them as such because even though they do have so much control over what happens and on whose schedule, they don’t abuse that bit of power they have. And so, to me, they show more grace and humanity than most humans could ever manage even if they were to try.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I confess that I worked at a gas station that had "actual" pay phones and I worked nights with my best friend and we would periodically make prank 1-800 calls just to see what numbers they were (which I feel bad because some were private residents, damn kids :sad:) Anyways one time I actually got a branch of the FBI. *click*

·
Registered
50 Posts
I confess that I still need a lot of 'security blankets'-- things that make me feel safe in this world. Like my dog and cats, when I sleep. My mother's voice on the phone, when I have a panic attack if my routines are broken too many times in a day or a week.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
1. I have always wanted to live in a tree house. No, not a house build on top of a tree. But a house inside a tree. Still do, actually.

2. I have absolutely no interest in jewelry other than admiration for fine craftsmanship. I have a pair of white gold earrings that I've worn everyday for about a decade and only because my mom bought them for me. You see diamonds you think, "Ooo expensive." I see diamonds I think, "Ooo shiny." Besides, I'd much prefer pearls over diamonds any day. :wink:

3. I became a fan of trashy romance novels by the age of 13 and collected over 800 of them by the age of 15. I had to get rid of most of them when we moved and now at the age of 21, to keep from expanding my collection further--I'm only allowed to fill up the two bookshelves in my room (and where ever else I can hide them). :crazy:

4. When I really like someone--whether it's romantically or not--I don't know how to verbally express my feelings without making things unnecessarily awkward. So I try to show them by doing little thoughtful things for them and hope they notice.

5. I give verbal warnings to people because I know my snapping point and how irrational I can get when my emotions get riled up. I don't lose my temper easily, but when I do it's not very pretty. :sad:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I confess that I worked at a gas station that had "actual" pay phones and I worked nights with my best friend and we would periodically make prank 1-800 calls just to see what numbers they were (which I feel bad because some were private residents, damn kids :sad:) Anyways one time I actually got a branch of the FBI. *click*
Oooh, I used to do that! I also used to call Childline (children's crisis line) about 3 times a day to see if I could ever get through - I only got through on one occasion and it used to make me worry about all the kids who really did need to talk to someone and couldn't because they didn't have enough phone lines.

I confess that whenever I speak to a person face-to-face I imagine kissing them. I'm not sure how it came about or what purpose it serves - perhaps it makes me less nervous of them (like the old advice of imagining them naked), or perhaps it helps me give off a warm and loving vibe that makes people feel accepted and wanted, or perhaps I'm just screwy in the head.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I confess to writing this while I should be doing my chemistry homework. I f'n hate transition metal chemistry. *facedesk*

·
Registered
213 Posts
I confess that I have so many things that i want to do or need to do that I am getting nothing done most of the time. :dry:
I second this. I confess that I keep a stuffed animal at my desk at work because it cheers me up. I wonder sometimes why others don't need one too, then I feel like something is wrong with me.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I confess I don't ask out as many women as I'd like to, my self-esteem/shyness gets in the way.

I also confess that I got suspended on the last day of my 9th grade because of my mouth.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I confess that I should be doing uni-work at the moment :mellow:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a firm romantic and the number of people I've dated is the same number of sexual partners I've had (6).
I have only been on one casual date in my entire life, every other date turned into a full-on relationship.

With all that in mind, I've had phone sex countless times with countless girls when I'm single. Hell, I'm not sure it even counts as phone "sex" because I never actually get off to it, I just like hearing them as they do.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I confess that I might be turning asexual. I haven't had sex in 2 years :shocked:

I also confess that a crusted mucus got into my coffee about a minute ago, and I drank it anyways. It doesn't matter, my taste buds aren't working today. *sigh*

1 - 20 of 1793 Posts