Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog was being unruly and growling at me when I tried to pick it up. I set him down and gave him my scariest deathstare ever. He quickly looked away. Then after a couple minutes of letting him calm down, I went to pick him up and he leaped happily into my arms.

I felt bad afterwards. but it helped me show him who was the alpha in this house.

Do you ever use this as a trick to get unrully pets to not be unrully?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XD At least it works on mine. I give it to my guinea pig when she wakes me up squealing. She usually stops but not always.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
no actually i have found i am the one pushed around by animals :crazy:

i was worried, a few months ago ,it seemed as if cats understand human facial expression? i mean i look angry sometimes, unintentionally, and my landlord's cat hissed at me, while i was walking up the steps (it was at the top step)... or who knows what it was thinking. we tend to be good friends normally

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My cat doesn't give a shit what anyone does, including giving him death stares. I've done it on dogs though, and it worked a couple times. I really think the death stare is a Ni-dominant thing, seeing as my INTJ friends do it all the time. Mostly on people though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've done this on humans often with excellent results. Never tried it on an animal, though. Not sure it will work on my rabbits. When they don't like what I'm doing, they turn their backs to me and peep over their shoulders, as though to see if I've noticed that they're ignoring me. If I catch them in the middle of something they know they shouldn't be doing, they give me the super innocent look, as if to say, "Who? Me? No way!"

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
The secret to the infamous INJ deathstare is to do it as naturally as possible. Deliberate control of your stare will have a less impact than doing it unintentionally. At least that's how it works for me.

Random guy: *chews with his mouth open*

Me: *Deathstares at him*

Random guy: *leaves shitting his pants*

Me: :cool:

I've never done it on a pet, must be amusing to watch though.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not surprised that it doesn't work on cats. They can understand emotions well enough to be able to throw some back at you. Dogs on the other hand, can be complete wimps.

My guinea pig just ignores me most of the time. But she stops squealing, which is my desired effect.

Night Mare:
You probably deathstare without knowing it. When you are mad at someone and think you just normal glare at them, you are probably death staring. I found out because the person said they were tired of my nasty death stares.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts