Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you add or subtract from this description of an INFJ?

quiet, activists, hero, great at interpreting nonverbal communication, great writers, charismatic, an amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others, empathic, literally feel others pain, intrigued by poetic justice, prophetic, counselor, inner vision, detached sardonic eye when thinking, vent to friends often, falls into immediate gratification over long term gratification, appear extroverted, cannot articulate their deepest feelings to those they love, withdraw periodically from even their loved ones, wants to be a party animal, loves to act out roles as if it is the personality that is #4 on this paper the ESTP, stuck

Also I need a video of an INFJ acting typical so I can study the type.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

quiet, activists, hero, great at interpreting nonverbal communication, great writers, charismatic, an amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others, empathic, literally feel others pain, intrigued by poetic justice, prophetic, counselor, inner vision, detached sardonic eye when thinking, vent to friends often, falls into immediate gratification over long term gratification, appear extroverted, cannot articulate their deepest feelings to those they love, withdraw periodically from even their loved ones, wants to be a party animal, loves to act out roles as if it is the personality that is #4 on this paper the ESTP, stuck

I'd subtract "activists, hero, great writers, vent to friends often" - not all INFJs find careers in writing and not all are into actively going out and protesting or supporting various causes
"falls into immediate gratification over long term gratification" - depends on INFJ really, INFJ can be drifting through life of very goal-oriented and productive, I had both kinds of periods in my life
"wants to be a party animal" - not really, not sure what the point of being a "party animal" would be
"appear extroverted" - not the intuitive subtype

I'd add "observant, prone to feeling lonely, supportive of others' goals, loyal as a friend, may get lazy getting things done instead giving preference to just passively think about them, desires creative self-expression which can take form of creating art or writing stories, wishes to understand and to find understanding in others, susceptible to being anxious and unsure, will think 7 times before doing something once"

more INFJ descriptors can be found here: INFJ - Jung Type Descriptions

Typical INFJ video:

·
Banned
1,039 Posts

I'm more self-aware than some INFJs. It's a complex personality, and I know that there are several out there that don't fully understand themselves.

I believe I have a good understanding of everyone's mindset, so I try to keep in mind who I'm communicating with. I could easily confuse people. I know that some of my behavior in the past has seemed either irrational or inconsistant.

Internally speaking, my thought process does not make a lot of practical sense, and yet, I always think I'm right. It's like I don't feel the need to research stuff a lot of times. My ideas seem too "reasonable", but they just fly out of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'd subtract "activists, hero, great writers, vent to friends often" - not all INFJs find careers in writing and not all are into actively going out and protesting or supporting various causes
"falls into immediate gratification over long term gratification" - depends on INFJ really, INFJ can be drifting through life of very goal-oriented and productive, I had both kinds of periods in my life
"wants to be a party animal" - not really, not sure what the point of being a "party animal" would be
"appear extroverted" - not the intuitive subtype

I'd add "observant, prone to feeling lonely, supportive of others' goals, loyal as a friend, may get lazy getting things done instead giving preference to just passively think about them, desires creative self-expression which can take form of creating art or writing stories, wishes to understand and to find understanding in others, susceptible to being anxious and unsure, will think 7 times before doing something once"
I probably a handful of things I could add or subtract, but right now I am just going to make one point since I am feeling fairly tentative at the moment.

On the matter of "venting to friends often", I would keep it but add a clause to it.

I think a mature INFJ might have a lot going through his mind. INFJs are often highly contemplative and what not. But, a mature INFJ generally recognizes that others don't always want to hear each and every thought that comes through his mind. He will keep a lot of things to himself, possibly appearing almost restrained in expression at times, but there is a chance he still wants to express his feelings to others. He is moreover keeping himself in check in these situations.

An immature INFJ might have a lot going through his mind, and he will find that he has trouble keeping all of that to himself. If he is particularly unstable when it comes to emotions, then he will probably end up venting a lot to his friends. There will be too much going through his own mind to handle, and he will need some sort of release for it.

So, I think it all just depends on development and what not.

Reactions: punky16

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
quiet, activists, hero, great at interpreting nonverbal communication, great writers, charismatic, an amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others, empathetic, literally feel others pain, intrigued by poetic justice, prophetic, counselor, inner vision, detached sardonic eye when thinking, vent to friends often, falls into immediate gratification over long term gratification, appear extroverted, cannot articulate their deepest feelings to those they love, withdraw periodically from even their loved ones, wants to be a party animal, loves to act out roles as if it is the personality that is #4 on this paper the ESTP, stuck
I bolded the parts that rang especially true, although most of it applied to me in some way.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts

quiet, can be an activists, hero, great at interpreting nonverbal communication, can be great writers, charismatic, an amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others, empathic, literally feel others pain, intrigued by poetic justice, prophetic, counselor, inner vision, "detached sardonic"~~forget those two words...add dreamy far away (or something of the such) eye(s) when thinking, vent to friends often, falls into immediate gratification over long term gratification, appear extroverted, delete cannot~~can but not normally off the cuff articulate their deepest feelings to those they love, withdraw periodically from even their loved ones, wants to be a party animal, loves to act out roles as if it is the personality that is #4 on this paper the ESTP~~are you talking about the INFJ shadow?, stuck~~what do you mean by stuck?
I italicized and made bold what I think you should keep. The red is what I think needs to be changed in what I think you should keep. Did you follow that?! :laughing: Oh ,yeah, blue is a question.

There are videos of INFJs on you tube...

Reactions: punky16

·
Registered
836 Posts
I italicized and made bold what I think you should keep. The red is what I think needs to be changed in what I think you should keep. Did you follow that?! :laughing: Oh ,yeah, blue is a question.

There are videos of INFJs on you tube...
lol, we need microsoft word's track changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts