Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out I was an INFJ and got great relief from that, I've always known there was something to me and something behind all I do. Yet, its always been a weight and a gift at the same time and I'm just wondering how to move past it and if anyone can relate? Being an Infj I dont have many people I trust enough to talk too and thats likely my problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I suppose I could say I've related in the past. But today things seem a lot different.
Acceptance, as cheesy as it may be, is one of the first steps to understanding and moving forward.

'I can only do what I can do,' has been a phrase lately that my father has enlightened me with, although he only sees it as what it is, I see more to it. There's limitations to yourself, and don't stretch yourself out too far... like dough, the more you stretch it, the more it sags and tears. Yes it's strong at first, until you reach it's point of breakage, and you can feel it, but not see it until it's right there ripping.

The weight of it can be that of air, if you see it as such. Take a step back, a breath, and pause for a moment to see things at play, shift if neccessary, then move forward. Sometimes challenges are easy to face head on, others however, need to be approached differently.

Trust plays an important role, but it's not the problem. It's hard to describe and explain. If you're looking for a confident yourself, seek for them, they are there. Your family, your friends. However, they may not understand the complexity of the issue or problem you wish to share. That's okay. They have a different point of view that sometimes helps lead the way to an answer, sometimes they'll spark an idea that'll help. Likewise, open a couple of layers of trust to your most trusted friend or family member. It may make you feel vulnerable, but it will be rewarding.

To get, you must give. Quite like the universal balance.

I'm just rambling now...............

·
Registered
404 Posts
I relate to the weight and the gift part and the needing to really trust someone before sharing deeply with them. Fundamental to the INFJ - being deeply understood. The weight and the gift is something i have felt as i found as a young person i just seemed to 'know' what people were feeling and the motivations oof their hearts - like vibes coming at me, and i did not know what to do with it. Once i discovered MBTI and started to understand myself better - my intuative feeling side - i could see how it was as more of a gift. For me needing harmony and being very adversly affected by conflict is still difficult for me. I only really thrive and energise in harmony situations.
Being INFJ is great but it sometimes feels like i have a very thin skin between me and the outside world!
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Join the club! I have no idea how I found this site, I just did. I thought there was something wrong with me because I felt so different, but turns out there's alot of people who feel guilty about stepping on ants, or caring about people who don't seem to deserve it. =)

Carrying burdens like the one you mentioned makes me feel proud of who I am, I care about humanity, I would give up my life for people that probably wouldn't for me.

I like to compare myself to Batman, protecting Gotham City when no one understands who or what you truly are. You can carry the burden that no one else can. Being selfless, sacrifing yourself to help someone. Listening to them genuinely, without a thought about yourself. It's a good burden to bear. But just find people to vent to, because sometimes even the counselor needs to be counseled. Like people on this site.

Hope it helps!

Reactions: yaz
1 - 4 of 4 Posts