Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
This is fun. My number one job would have to be the same as Dalien's, something to do with creative writing. Either writing novels or working on some sort of fantasy project, MMORPGs for example, writing the lore. I also think travel writing would be interesting, and possibly travel photography.

I actually enjoyed being a linguist in the military when I was actually able to work with the language. I would love to translate texts, though I think it would ultimately not be interesting enough to satisfy me long term. Arabic is a beautiful, poetic language (though I wanted Mandarin...:)

If I had it all to do over again, I might choose to go into counselling (big stretch for us, huh?). I do not have the fortitude to try to learn it all now.

Likewise, if I had the learning and mind of Runescribe, I would make a foray into the realm of philosophy. That guy humbles me.

Purely wild notions? Bank Robber, though I have an aversion to tiny rooms and amorous cell-mates.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have three dream jobs. . .and they all involve moving to Japan and starting a life there.

1. Become a free-lance artist who lives in a manga-cafe

2. Become an Interpreter : I love learning languages. . and helping people understand things. . and helping someone understand a language that they don't understand seems to be the best way to do that.

3. Become a High School Teacher: teach the students English. . seems best for native speakers to teach to non-speakers, na?

·
Super Moderator
11,643 Posts
writer
counselor
something that involves protecting people (be it directly or indirectly.) i don't think i'd fit well for this one.
Yes, another writer! Would love to hear what you write! See the rhyme thread started by RaVenDeaLer!

This is fun. My number one job would have to be the same as Dalien's, something to do with creative writing. Either writing novels or working on some sort of fantasy project, MMORPGs for example, writing the lore. I also think travel writing would be interesting, and possibly travel photography.

I actually enjoyed being a linguist in the military when I was actually able to work with the language. I would love to translate texts, though I think it would ultimately not be interesting enough to satisfy me long term. Arabic is a beautiful, poetic language (though I wanted Mandarin...:)

If I had it all to do over again, I might choose to go into counselling (big stretch for us, huh?). I do not have the fortitude to try to learn it all now.

Likewise, if I had the learning and mind of Runescribe, I would make a foray into the realm of philosophy. That guy humbles me.

Purely wild notions? Bank Robber, though I have an aversion to tiny rooms and amorous cell-mates.
I love it! I will be Bonnie and you can be Clyde! Who needs tiny rooms with amorous cell-mates! :laughing:

Three posts, three budding writers. That is pretty darn cool.
Now, this is even better! 14 years ago when I was in college, after being out of high school for 14 yrs., my psyche teacher asked me why I wasn't majoring in psychology to become a children/teenage counselor. I responded that I knew I would burn out to quickly, because I would become too attached to each person. I written this somewhere else on here, as well as, I feel that I was born a counselor! I still do this when I am able. Tis a shame, but I knew my limitations then like I know them now. So, my love of words are what sustain me. :wink:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have three dream jobs. . .and they all involve moving to Japan and starting a life there.

1. Become a free-lance artist who lives in a manga-cafe

2. Become an Interpreter : I love learning languages. . and helping people understand things. . and helping someone understand a language that they don't understand seems to be the best way to do that.

3. Become a High School Teacher: teach the students English. . seems best for native speakers to teach to non-speakers, na?
All wonderful dream jobs, but why limit them to dreams. Go. Go to Japan. Why not? Sounds fantastic to me. There are infinite possibilities. You will always land on your feet. If I had the confidence and could lose my fear of public speaking, I think that TEFL would be the course for me as well (and it may yet be in the cards).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go. Go to Japan. Why not? Sounds fantastic to me. There are infinite possibilities. You will always land on your feet.
Thanks ^^ I have been to Japan before, and I can't wait to get back to it.
It's set. . I am going to get there one day. . It's just finding the right university that has the right exchange program now. . .

and getting enough monies. . . travel abroad is expensive!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I love it! I will be Bonnie and you can be Clyde! Who needs tiny rooms with amorous cell-mates! :laughing:
That's more like it. Down in a blaze of glory and a hail of gunfire!

Now, this is even better! 14 years ago when I was in college, after being out of high school for 14 yrs., my psyche teacher asked me why I wasn't majoring in psychology to become a children/teenage counselor. I responded that I knew I would burn out to quickly, because I would become too attached to each person. I written this somewhere else on here, as well as, I feel that I was born a counselor! I still do this when I am able. Tis a shame, but I knew my limitations then like I know them now. So, my love of words are what sustain me. :wink:

I think we would most of us make fantastic counselors, but there is the ever-present possibility of burnout. I am content in my life choices thus far. I, too, started in psychology, though I did not last more than a semester. Mostly due to the fact that I was not quite ready for college at that point in my life.

·
Super Moderator
11,643 Posts
Three posts, three budding writers. That is pretty darn cool.
I wanted to add (to my below post) that yeppers this is pretty darn cool! Also, add the fact that all three of us chose couselor as second! Three times the charm!

Here I want to expound further that my love of words has always been my rock~~my soul! Yet, I still feel I was born a counselor. Darn it! I wish I weren't so complicated! Then I could say things much more clearly! Damn sparrow and bluejay! Could this be why I write poetry? Me being complicated? Or do I really make sense to other people?

That's more like it. Down in a blaze of glory and a hail of gunfire!

I think we would most of us make fantastic counselors, but there is the ever-present possibility of burnout. I am content in my life choices thus far. I, too, started in psychology, though I did not last more than a semester. Mostly due to the fact that I was not quite ready for college at that point in my life.
You took the words right out of my head "in a blaze of glory!" Must have been one heck of a ride!

Yes, you are quite right! INFJ's make great counselors. Funny, there are so many times on this forum I forget that I am in a MBTI world. I tend to take people on their merit...just as they are. I believe I was a bit misleading; I didn't start out in psychology. My major was Business Office Administration of all thing! I chose this for feasability. I had two young children that I wanted to & needed to care for. If my life had been different, my major would have been a toss up between English & Psychology. See, there I go again! :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
11,643 Posts
1) Librarian

2) High school guidance counselor

3) writer

4) wouldn't mind performing on Broadway. :laughing:
A librarian...a wonderful place to be amongst all those fantasically absolutely wonderful books! :wink:

Performing on stage...stage fright here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh, I love thinking about these kinds of things! My dream jobs would be (surprise, surprise):
1. Counselor - I would love to do some type of counseling that deals with the emotional and spiritual aspects of life... maybe some sort of holistic health counseling?
2. Writer - I love writing children's stories and poetry.
3. Musician - Since I grew up with a lot of musical training, I would love to be a singer/songwriter, and include playing the viola and piano. I wouldn't want to be famous, though! I would love to make music that's emotional, cathartic, and ultimately healing!
4. Herbalist - Now, I think this may be a phase, but I can just imagine myself living in a Finnish forest, spending my days collecting herbs and making medicinal teas, and quietly healing people through a small home practice. I can dream, right? :wink:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh, I love thinking about these kinds of things! My dream jobs would be (surprise, surprise):
1. Counselor - I would love to do some type of counseling that deals with the emotional and spiritual aspects of life... maybe some sort of holistic health counseling?
2. Writer - I love writing children's stories and poetry.
3. Musician - Since I grew up with a lot of musical training, I would love to be a singer/songwriter, and include playing the viola and piano. I wouldn't want to be famous, though! I would love to make music that's emotional, cathartic, and ultimately healing!
4. Herbalist - Now, I think this may be a phase, but I can just imagine myself living in a Finnish forest, spending my days collecting herbs and making medicinal teas, and quietly healing people through a small home practice. I can dream, right? :wink:
This sounds just about like what I would have written. And I do indeed plan to become a health counselor, a nutritional therapist to be exact, and couple it with massage therapy. I also have in the back of my mind to take some courses in herbalism as I've been working with them for years anyway. I love Finnish forest idea!

I write too. I have published a couple poems, not much really. I"ve started a novel but didn't finish because I'm afraid to reveal my insides to the world.

And I love to sing. I also play piano. Music is a huge part of my existance. I need more than one life to accomplish all this!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Art therapist :) It's what I'm working towards at uni atm.
I also worked as a chocolate tester. That was pretty dreamtastic but lacked relationship.
What do you guys actually plan on being?

·
Registered
802 Posts
The only thing I've ever really, really wanted to do is write. I'd love to write novels, short stories, and humorous essays. I hate that I never have time to write any more.

I think it would be really cool to be an editor, too. I'm really good at problem-solving stories - finding the mistakes, knowing how to improve things, fleshing out characters, etc. I'm a better editor than writer, sadly.

Outside of the literary world, I think it'd be cool to be a professional soccer player. Huge stretch for me there, but hey, we can dream, right?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dream jobs... very interesting topic:happy:

1) A diplomat for the UN (someday, I would like to see myself as part of the UN Humanitarian or Environmental services).
2) Counselor/Psychologist (a clinical psychologist indeed).
3) English teacher (My minions, er.. students, you shall study the art of written language! muaha:crazy:)
4) Writer or author of fiction books (I would love that job very much. Don't give me too many deadlines though! :crazy:)

·
Super Moderator
11,643 Posts
The only thing I've ever really, really wanted to do is write. I'd love to write novels, short stories, and humorous essays. I hate that I never have time to write any more.

I think it would be really cool to be an editor, too. I'm really good at problem-solving stories - finding the mistakes, knowing how to improve things, fleshing out characters, etc. I'm a better editor than writer, sadly.

Outside of the literary world, I think it'd be cool to be a professional soccer player. Huge stretch for me there, but hey, we can dream, right?
Editor...now that is very interesting! Yeppers, dreams are a wonderful thing aren't they! :wink:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts