Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One big question. Are ENFPs able to stay away from lust before marriage, if in a relationship with a INFJ who is a Christian? Like, no petting, no kissing, etc. As long as both have a sense for idealistic fun/adventure?

·
Registered
417 Posts
An ENFP can do whatever they make themselves.

Lust is an emotion a feeling, not an action.

Speaking from experience, I waited until marriage to "Do it." But we were not as puritanical as you are suggesting.

I don't know if the strictness you are suggesting is healthy... 'cause it'll be rather hard to stay that strict, and if you slip - then guilt.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nope, sorry. All ENFP's are sluts by nature, governed by our basest instincts to fornicate with anything that catches our fancy: animal, vegetable, or mineral. I'm obviously kidding. It really depends on the personal values of the particular ENFP. If waiting until marriage is important to them, ENFP's are absolutely capable of doing so. We live according to our beliefs...but let me make this clear, we live according to our beliefs, not those of our partners, our families, or society.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nope, sorry. All ENFP's are sluts by nature, governed by our basest instincts to fornicate with anything that catches our fancy: animal, vegetable, or mineral. I'm obviously kidding. It really depends on the personal values of the particular ENFP. If waiting until marriage is important to them, ENFP's are absolutely capable of doing so. We live according to our beliefs.
To be more precise for me, logic is my belief, and then comes my situation and circumstances.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As an INFJ, my value system is no value system. That allows me to answer my lust with fornication, and a smidgen of bestiality, but this about ENFP's and not INFJ's....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
One big question. Are ENFPs able to stay away from lust before marriage, if in a relationship with a INFJ who is a Christian? Like, no petting, no kissing, etc. As long as both have a sense for idealistic fun/adventure?
There are some, but if you want to find them, you're looking in the wrong place, mostly. Few of us would put religious doctrine over our own moral compass. We're not sluts. We like our sex to mean something. But we don't wait until the big man tells us to go. And frankly, I don't think you should, either. There's nothing wrong with being Christian; IMO it's a beautiful religion. But I think it's best to interpret the Bible for yourself, and read deeply into it. Don't remain chaste just because people say it's the 'Christian' thing to do. If you do decide to save your body for after marriage, do it because you want to.

Also, if you do, don't jump right into sex. It will hurt the first time, but ONLY if you haven't really gotten your lady parts used to being used.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We got married when I was 20. I'm enfp, he's infj. That's one way to keep from being too naughty. Although our horrible plan (getting married too young) didn't really work that well at keeping us from being horny, really. We were trying to avoid sex, pretty much. Kissing and stuff was way fun.

I think I'm going to approach it very differently with my kids.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm a Christian and I believe waiting for marriage to have sex is really important and it's one of my values. However, I'm not against kissing before marriage. It's cute when some couples wait for marriage to kiss but I don't think it's necessary. My parents didn't and they're still happily married.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
No.

I don't judge people who want to wait, for whatever reason, but I couldn't imagine entering into a lifelong relationship with someone via marriage that I hadn't been intimate with yet. If someone I really cared for asked me to wait, I would have a very long, meaningful and open-minded discussion with them, but I can't imagine it would work out. I would grow frustrated and probably feel neglected, and VERY concerned that the intimacy wouldn't go well post-vows, which would be a disaster!

Also, if it were a case of waiting for marriage due to rules laid out in some kind of religious doctrine, then there are very likely other reasons I wouldn't be in that relationship to start with.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We got married when I was 20. I'm enfp, he's infj. That's one way to keep from being too naughty. Although our horrible plan (getting married too young) didn't really work that well at keeping us from being horny, really. We were trying to avoid sex, pretty much. Kissing and stuff was way fun..
What on earth are you describing?! You got married so that you wouldn't have sex?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Seriously?

I was actually answering her question. Which seems pretty shocking in this thread ;)
use the reply with quote button, honey. otherwise they won't get a notification.

um, not really, that's just how things go on here. I answered as well, though.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If I loved someone and she didn't want to have sex before marriage, I'd respect her beliefs. As long as she's an interesting person to me, I think I'd be able to keep it in my pants. Though if she were so hardcore in her abstinence that she was also against things like kissing and making out, I really couldn't see myself content in that kind of relationship. I may know I'm not going to hit a home run, but at least put me up to bat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts