Personality Cafe banner

INFJ-ESFP Friendship

[INFJ] 
20K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Gracie 
TBH I think you may have to accept a relationship with ESFPs that's not "profound" in the kind of way INFJs think of it. My little brother is ESFP, and even though we have almost no "meaningful" or "deep" conversations, we're extremely, extremely close. I suppose you're right in that knowing him literally his entire life helps, but really even when you know them that long you have to reconcile your differences. I like the way my brother and me interact though - we're almost perfect opposites in some ways, but the shared F brings us together because we can bond over things like caring for our sister - who has special needs - we both love animals, etc. I also think ESFPs and INFJs can almost... balance each other out, if that makes sense? His happy-go-lucky, friendly, spontaneous personality brings me out of my shell when I'm feeling antisocial and when I'm intimidated by conflict or social situations I can just let him take the lead. Similarly, I take the edge off some of his hot-headedness. ESFPs can be very sanguine and tend to respond to things in a very knee-jerk manner - in my experience - and having an INFJ around they're close to can balance that out a bit.

But you do noeed to accept them for who they are. You will most likely never have a "deep" conversation about the meaning of life with an ESFP :crazy: the very idea is pretty funny to me. My brother would get bored after about 2 minutes... The best approach is to try and enjoy them in their spontaneity, appreciate them for who they are - crazy, energetic, mischievous. *My* ESFP brings out my silly side :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.