Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFJ Eyes -- 8th Wonders of the World

To look into the eyes of an INFJ is to gaze into the matrix of beauty, another dimension: the womb of the soul. It is a paradox, for those who seem to be most enshrouded by the veil of mystery, the INFJs, are also those who bear open portals to the sanctuary of spirit.

It was after I spent some time talking with an INFJ girl at a get-together a couple of days ago, that I reached a crescendo of realization that had been building in my subconscious over a few years: INFJ eyes are immeasurably deep reservoirs of beauty by which I am completely enchanted.

This particular girl, who I will call “Eve,” seemed to beam forth frequencies of her soul from her eyes that found strong resonance with my own. I was left with a sense of awe, like one who had encountered the sacred. The emotions of my inner being were aflight, awakened from a coma of dormancy that had been induced by the stupefaction of the ordinary. Her eyes trumpeted the light of a spiritual dawn, the remembrance of true beauty.

Though I did not obtain her phone number that evening, I obtained something of certain value--a glimpse into the sacred. And who knows but whether the resonance of our souls that was forged that night may draw us together in time? The magnetic winds of God’s breath carry us all into the fulfillment of our inmost desires when our intentions are harmonized to His purposes. For now, I put up my sails and join the current. Perhaps, in time, her ship will adorn the horizon.

What is it about INFJs that makes their eyes so remarkable? Like aromatic flowers arising out of the soil of the earth, the eyes of INFJs put forth the essential fragrance of individuality, the resulting synthesis of self and raw experience. Since the INFJ’s demeanor tends to conceal the inner self so often, it’s as if the expression of self concentrates within the eyes, shining into the world the very secrets of the soul for those who can see and interpret.

But beyond being portals to the sacred and fragrant projections of the self, the eyes of an INFJ are like sharp blades that cut through the very fabric of reality. To stand in their path is to feel the slicing away of one’s facade, leaving the nakedness of one’s inner being exposed to the discerning gaze of the INFJ. The marrow of one’s life and personality become a book without words to be read through telepathic transference by the conduits of essence, the INFJ’s eyes.

It is appropriate here to mention that these are the innate skills of the INFJ which are wielded in power by the mature and self-actualized. The less mature and inwardly liberated, the more the perceptions will be painted by illusions and projections from within. In this way, sometimes truth can be obscured beyond recognition. I know this quite keenly as an INFP! But nonetheless, even illusions often contain windows to the domain of truth.

To conclude this ode to INFJ eyes, it is true that the eyes of all people speak the language of the soul, and I find captivation in them all, but in the eyes of the INFJs I sense whispers of the angels, the vibrations of a holy realm. In these hued portals I find visions of inner beauty and individuality that remind me why I appreciate every soul of humanity.

(Addendum: For those who are curious, I call the INFJ eyes the "8th Wonders of the World" because "8" is the symbol of infinity, portrayed this way ∞, which itself appears like two eyes, representing appropriately the INFJ's eyes as portals into infinity.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The above post is either brilliant, hilarious satire or pure, pretentious flakiness.. I can't decide.
Lol, Arclight! In truth, I meant it to be a fully honest expression of my experience with INFJs. In light of that, you may see it as you deem best.

Also, I invite anyone else to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences regarding INFJ eyes...I hope I'm not the only one!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's lovely what you wrote, I really do - I couldn't help but snicker though. Not to sound suspicious, but how do you know she was an infj?
I'm glad you asked! It was a funny thing, how I came to know she was an INFJ. Eve was in one of my college classes for winter quarter and I got that familiar enchanting vibe when I saw her eyes. I get a similar mystical vibe from the eyes of INFPs and INFJs, and I casually wondered which she might be. Weeks later I had a dream of her being next to me where she took on the affect and behaviors of an INFJ girl I once knew. It was powerful, and left a strong aura afterwards. At that point, it made sense to me that she was an INFJ. It wasn't until a few weeks later, though, that I got to talk to her one-on-one on the way to class. From that encounter, I was certain of her INFJness, and had the motivation to check in the yearbook, which gives students the option of putting in their MBTI type. Sure enough, INFJ. The eyes have it.

Also, I'm most pleased that you snickered at my writing. That's one of the chief reactions I covet, even in my serious writing! I like to blend subtle attitudes of childlike innocence or silliness into serious, adult prose to create a strange juxtaposition. I find that this tends to lead to snickering. It also seems to make some people think I'm being pretentious. Lol. I am trying to learn how to attenuate that.

What do you tend to experience from the eyes of INFJs or INFPs, Onyx?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm going to bet that you like this girl :).

Not saying its true, but would you say it might be because you like this girl that you are attributing your perception of her eyes to all INFJ's?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm glad you asked! It was a funny thing, how I came to know she was an INFJ. Eve was in one of my college classes for winter quarter and I got that familiar enchanting vibe when I saw her eyes. I get a similar mystical vibe from the eyes of INFPs and INFJs, and I casually wondered which she might be. Weeks later I had a dream of her being next to me where she took on the affect and behaviors of an INFJ girl I once knew. It was powerful, and left a strong aura afterwards. At that point, it made sense to me that she was an INFJ. It wasn't until a few weeks later, though, that I got to talk to her one-on-one on the way to class. From that encounter, I was certain of her INFJness, and had the motivation to check in the yearbook, which gives students the option of putting in their MBTI type. Sure enough, INFJ. The eyes have it.

Also, I'm most pleased that you snickered at my writing. That's one of the chief reactions I covet, even in my serious writing! I like to blend subtle attitudes of childlike innocence or silliness into serious, adult prose to create a strange juxtaposition. I find that this tends to lead to snickering. It also seems to make some people think I'm being pretentious. Lol. I am trying to learn how to attenuate that.

What do you tend to experience from the eyes of INFJs or INFPs, Onyx?
It's actually Ony. As in "Ony is Sexy", only I just left it XC, instead of adding the 's' or 'e' or 'y'....kind of like a license plate...*crickets*.

So anyway, I'm glad you didn't take offense to my "snickering" comment, it was not meant to be hurtful, just honest. I do recognize though that honesty can be hurtful, so if I did hurt your feelings - but you're just not telling me, I apologize anyway.;0)

I've never actually experienced anything "from the eyes" of an infj - I've never met one face to face.

I have found infp's to be interesting, but I can't say that the clouds parted.

The only time the angels sang for me was when I first discovered I was in love with my husband - he is an ISTJ.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to bet that you like this girl :).

Not saying its true, but would you say it might be because you like this girl that you are attributing your perception of her eyes to all INFJ's?
I do like her!--but what kind of like it is, that I do not know. I find there are so many types of attraction, all of which sweep me into fancy. But love...?

No. As I said, I have had a growing realization from the many INFJs I've met or known that their eyes enrapture me. It was after the encounter with this girl that I really gave deep consideration to the many INFJ encounters and the experience of the eyes. I've never met an INFJ who's eyes fail to have this effect on me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's actually Ony. As in "Ony is Sexy", only I just left it XC, instead of adding the 's' or 'e' or 'y'....kind of like a license plate...*crickets*.
LOL.

So anyway, I'm glad you didn't take offense to my "snickering" comment, it was not meant to be hurtful, just honest. I do recognize though that honesty can be hurtful, so if I did hurt your feelings - but you're just not telling me, I apologize anyway.;0)
Thanks. I suppose it depends on what kind of snickering it was. If your snickers contain caramel, they are acceptable. If they contain ridicule, then I will apply a band-aid and move on.

I have found infp's to be interesting, but I can't say that the clouds parted.
Oh sure, blame the INFPs for the weather.

The only time the angels sang for me was when I first discovered I was in love with my husband - he is an ISTJ.
His name must be Michael.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
People always comment on my eyes, but they only usually say "They're big". I avoid eye contact with people because they feel "too intense" to most people, and I prefer to observe their souls from afar.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thank you! This was so beautiful! :)

People comment on my eyes, too. Last time another girl put make up on me and suddenly all the people were around me and saying "Waaah! You're eyes are sooo big and beautiful! Did you know how beautiful your eyes are?"
My arts teacher on the other side once said, that in the middle ages they would have probably burned me as a witch. I asked: "Why? Because I have red hair?" and she said: "No because of you're eyes. There's something strange about them. Something mysterious." I think, she meant it as a compliment. Well, I hope so. O__o

·
Registered
306 Posts
In a previous life, I would have thought your post was bunkum, then there was a guy who had a crush on me. The way he stared into my eyes... well, if he expressed it outloud, it would have sounded like what you just described. Sometimes it's like a deer in the headlights look. Sometimes it's as if he recognizes something. He is also very romantic, which also sounds like you :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Interesting, thanks. Are there any obvious indicators differentiating other types of eyes from "INFJs" or is it just purely on the feel?
Haven't a clue. I've never been able to get how people can tell INFJ eyes. There was another thread on it somewhere here and a few hundred people posted pictures of their eyes. I couldn't see a pattern to be honest.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts