Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stole the idea from another forum. :D I thought it would be interesting to see our favorite quotes.

Here's one of mine:

“Solitude is independence. It had been my wish and with the years I had attained it. It was cold. Oh, cold enough! But it was also still, wonderfully still and vast like the cold stillness of space in which the stars revolve.” (Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
The more threads, the more places we can post. INFJs love to post. QED.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's a duplicate though, I'm not sure if that's very practical.

Reactions: Hiraeth

·
Registered
583 Posts
“Every human being relies on and is bounded by his knowledge and experience to live. This is what we call “reality. However, knowledge and experience are ambiguous, thus reality can become illusion. Is it not possible to think that, all human beings are living in their assumptions?”

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
There's probably 100 threads about INFJ/ENTP. Since when did we start caring about duplicates? :laughing:

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Apparently INFJ/ENTP couples are the perfect match. So there's a lot of threads asking if it's true or asking for INFJ/ENTP experiences.
I actually believe INFP > ENTP, but hey, that's just me. I like an introvert like myself. I know what to do to make them talk. :p

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually believe INFP > ENTP, but hey, that's just me. I like an introvert like myself. I know what to do to make them talk. :p
Hehe, that's just you, indeed. INFPs are lovely, but (and when I say this I speak for myself only) I don't consider an INFP could be the perfect match for me. I have 8 years of romantic experience with one and some years of friendship experience with another one. But ENTP sounds really great, also INTP and INTJ. (To me!)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Hehe, that's just you, indeed. INFPs are lovely, but (and when I say this I speak for myself only) I don't consider an INFP could be the perfect match for me. I have 8 years of romantic experience with one and some years of friendship experience with another one. But ENTP sounds really great, also INTP and INTJ. (To me!)
I hear what you're saying, but reading among the weak points of ENTP I can see these:

Insensitive - Being so rational, ENTPs often misjudge others feelings and push their debates well past others' tolerance levels. People with this personality type don't really consider emotional points to be valid in such debates either, which magnifies the issue tremendously.
Intolerant - Unless people are able to back up their ideas in a round of mental sparring, ENTPs are likely to dismiss not just the ideas but the people themselves. Either a suggestion can stand up to rational scrutiny or it's not worth bothering with.

Oh no, this won't do for me, insensitive and intolerant... Fatality combo. If I have to start explaining feelings to someone... Yeah I rather not. And then if I try to explain the feelings and I get categorized as being weird and dismissed due to the intolerance of these types, yeah, I rather not touch this at all. I like intellectual challenges, don't get me wrong. Just not this kind of it.

I CAN HAZ INFP/ENFP PLOX? :th_wink:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Each type has its own weak points and I believe that it is a matter of how someone is able to deal with them. Therefore, you may have a better relationship with an INFP while I might have a better one with an INTP or an ENTP.

I understand what you're saying, that an ENTP is not for you, but I'm not the kind of person who would look at the weaknesses of someone first. ENTPs have some wonderful strengths, from my point of view. If I love someone and he manages to inspire me admiration with his strengths, I may find a way to accept his weaknesses and to juggle them.
@mystikro

Not to mention that I might enjoy some of his weaknesses too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
“If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don't bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, of seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you will get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he's a good man.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“Beauty will save the world”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Idiot

“The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

can you tell I like Dostoyevsky :laughing::tongue:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"I am convinced that man will never give up true suffering — that is, destruction and chaos. Why, suffering is the sole root of consciousness." (Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from the Underground)

@SnowPharaoh, I like your avatar, but I don't think that I've seen the movie. What film is it?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.