Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm an INFP and I've met an INFJ, we're really close and she fascinate me in a way.
I'm sure we can have a really great love story haha.
But before to go on I want to know what to avoid, to really keep this relation in time. I know she can give me all the love I need and I can give her all the love she needs, and the listenning she needs to. But I really really don't want to go on relation wich will only last "a while".. Don't want ths relation be stopped because of a weary, or a routine.

So did you know what to avoid/what to do for a "lifelong" relation between INFJ-INFP (because I see a lot of "my ex INFP" or "my ex INFJ")
What is the bad side (and maybe how to turn this bad side into a good one) and what are the goode side

(sorry about my english..)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Just try to be a good boyfriend. Work for the both of you and remember to tell her how much you appreciate what she does for you every day.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know it's important for infj ^^ but is it enough to don't have any problem..?
Did you have a long time love relation with an INFJ ?

[btw thanks for the answer dear INFP, love your pp]

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
If you simply want a long lasting relationship then that's pretty straight forward. Make sure you're the only income source, marry + pop out a few kids ASAP (she'll be hesitant to leave), ostracize her from her friends & family (no support system), blame her for everything that's wrong and instil a sense that she's lucky to have you. All in all, you want her completely dependent on you.

It gets a lot more complicated if you want a happy and healthy long term relationship though. Truthfully, I think most people overestimate the significance of type dynamics as it pertains to a relationship. Everyone tries to predict or control an outcome, maybe have an excuse if things don't work out, but I think you're really meant to just go into things blindfolded. Generally though, it's all about wanting the same or similar things in terms of a relationship, discovering her needs and sharing your own, listening, respecting, supporting, and generally encouraging her. Ideally, you both want to be driven towards really exploring and growing together and having that last the test of time as some do great at the beginning, but tend to fizzle out or plateau. If you're doing things right you'll never run out of experiences or thoughts to share. Sadly at the end of the day the only thing you can -really- control is the amount of effort you put into the relationship. Whereas things like chemistry, being in the same place in your lives to be compatible, and whether you actually grow -together- or apart overtime is really up to fate.

If I were you, take the underlying feelings behind what you just shared with us, personalize it a bit more, and share it with her. One key trick to most relationships is to always remind her about how much she means to you.

edit:

I'm an INFJ married to an INFP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.