Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying out this experiment - Myers Briggs says a good match for the INFJ is an ENxP. I am an INFJ. I want to know if that's true. I'm not looking for a relationship - I just want to see if what they say is true, because I don't think I have ever met an ENxP before.

This is just an experiment, because I'm really curious to see exactly HOW and WHY they think we will get along. *shrug* This is fascinating and I'm extremely interested to see what traits in an ENxP I would appreciate and what they would appreciate in me.

Probably someone in their 20's or 30's as I don't think I would relate to anyone in their 40's. Someone who is any of these - ENTP, ENFP, INFJ, INTJ.

I don't know how this is going to work, but...any takers who are also curious?

·
Registered
55 Posts
ENXPs are like...the daily coffee for INXJs. While INFJs prefer ENFPs and INTJs prefer ENTPs, they interchange often. My best friend in the world is an INFJ. My partner is an INTJ. I can't get enough of them. You get stuck up INFJs who are immature, but the developed ones are amazing people.

Why do we get along...well let me tell you something, an INXJ should explain that, not us!~

I'd say we get along because you tend to love our energy, our love for people, how much we help people. An ENFPxINFJ combo is like the ultimate social life support. The ENFP keeps the energy and spirits high while the INFJ fixes the problem with their logic and feelings. We share the same functions but opposite extroversion/introversion. Therefore, my Ne compliments your Ni and that follows with all of our functions.

The easiest way for you to find out is to talk to an ENXP personally and learn about them. We're so happy to open up to you! We love it.

I think the biggest reason that INFJs love us that I was told by one is "Your scatterbrain is absolutely adorable".
We're just...lovable!~ Love us more please <3

Here's a video:

·
Registered
15,890 Posts
Ive never entered a relationship with any inxj but I have a close infj friend and one of my favorite cousin is an intj . I say on the surface it seems like we have a lot in common just enfp are more in the moment and big picture oriented as to inxj are more future focus and notice fine details, a lot of things can be done or solve when interacting with one another I suppose . I know a friend of mine on this forum is married to an infj so Im quite sure enfp and infj can be a good match :) but it just depends on your type and interests . From how I see it - Entp and Infjs have extreme attraction on this site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I think it essentially boils down to these two things in combination-
- Identical focus: we have the same NFTS order, which means we are interested and focused on the same issues in life in a way that we don't share with any other type other than our mirror matchups, except thaaat..
- Opposing method: we have opposite methods which means we are curious about each other and can learn from each other. We have the same goals, but totally different ways of achieving it, making us kind of a dream team.

Essentially you get the benefits of aligned focus (NFTS)- like we're likely to have the same interests and focuses in social groups and life.. but because we have opposing methods we're fascinated and have huge respect for one another. Like for me, as an ENFP, while I often get along great with other ENFPs and frequently have them as good friends because we have the same interests- I don't really ever feel surprised or impressed if that ENFP does something good, i.e. improvises really well to make someone feel better; It's like "well done.. but that seems really obvious to me to do that.."- whereas with an INFJ, they have the same interests, but they act calmly in a way that I don't fully understand and achieve the same result I'm thinking "wow, that INFJ is AMAZING! 1) they were interested/noticed the issue which I've only ever seen other ENFPs do, and 2) they solved it in a way that would never occur to me." The vice versa being true for INFJs toward ENFPs.

In this way, we have the same interests so our goals/focus aligns, and we can constantly learn from each other in pursuit of those goals. A perfect combination.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sygma: Haha, oh my gosh, someone is totally okay with my weirdness. Pretty awesome.

Illuzio: You have opened up Pandora's box; now I'm going to start asking questions...when I think of them.

SiFan: Thanks!

Tridentus: That's a good example and love the kitty in you profile pic. :)

Ai.Tran: Love your style!

I don't usually sign up for forums, so this is my first official forum. My forum cherry has been popped, so to speak. This is probably the only kind of forum I would actually be interested in joining..a personality forum where I can meet people like you guys.

So, ENxPs, in your current or past relationships with an INFJ, what has made you think, we definitely match and/or have chemistry?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts