Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Any proof? Like, using the functions.

The one to immediately stand out to me that I disagree with is Loki. He doesn't seem to think much before he acts. He doesn't claim his actions to be moral, whether we think they're great or terrible and his ego is humongous. Doesn't scream INFJ to me in any way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive got a proposal for another INFJ villain. How about Ultron from Marvels age of Ulton. The only thing I dont know about are the E and I he might be an extrovert over an introvert.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
I can't think of any clear INFJ villains...

Possibly Erik Lensherr/Magneto and Phantom of the Opera? I can see them as INTJs too, though.

I've never seen a movie with Loki in it, but I think Saruman is INTJ.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ive got a proposal for another INFJ villain. How about Ultron from Marvels age of Ulton. The only thing I dont know about are the E and I he might be an extrovert over an introvert.
I could see Ultron being an INFJ, acting out with the desire to be what he sees as moral. The thing is with any INFJ villain is I can't think of any notable ones and if they are the bad guy, I imagine they'd most likely not be evil for the sake of being evil like I could see with other types. They'd actually believe they're doing the right thing - it'd just be terrible to the rest of us.

Possibly Erik Lensherr/Magneto and Phantom of the Opera? I can see them as INTJs too, though.

I'd go for INTJ with Erik Lensherr although it's only be a small margin. And when I compare to him Professor X, I become more confused over whether to to type him as an INFJ or INTJ. I can definitely see the Ni though - he's all Ni. But so are both characters.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
I'd go for INTJ with Erik Lensherr although it's only be a small margin. And when I compare to him Professor X, I become more confused over whether to to type him as an INFJ or INTJ. I can definitely see the Ni though - he's all Ni. But so are both characters.
In the prequels I think Charles is xNFJ 1w2, and Erik's INxJ 8w7, but I always felt like this was a badass INFJ speech.

There has to be more INFJ villains.

Reactions: lavendersnow

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

In the prequels I think Charles is xNFJ 1w2, and Erik's INxJ 8w7, but I always felt like this was a badass INFJ speech.

There has to be more INFJ villains.
I loved Days of Future Past <3

Professor X in the earlier films reminds me so much of myself, so I definitely see XNFJ 1w2, as I am.

I'm sure there are more, but perhaps they're masquerading as other types. Or I'm just overlooking them. When I look at Erik's speech again, it reminds me of how I always got the NFJ vibe from Professor Xavier's 'evolution' speeches at the beginning of some of the X-Men movies. It's focusing on the human and moralistic view of evolution rather than the scientific that Erik leans to when he argues that humans are like the Neanderthal and mutants, the next step in natural selection. While it's not the complete picture, that comparison always makes me think it's X that is the INFJ and Erik the INTJ whose Fi is focused on staying true to his 'people' and caring deeply for them. While Xavier cares more about harmony for all, not just his own.

Erik always seems far harder to type but it's as though he's one side of the same coin as Xavier in their attitudes towards mutants/humans and it's very likely they're both the same type, just at either extreme.

I believe Itachi from Naruto is one for sure, no doubt in my mind. Pain also, but I could also see INFP for him so I'm not as sure. At least not from the movies, Loki does not strike me as an INFJ in any way, shape or form. It doesn't come across as debatable to me. He's far too energetic, he doesn't think before he speaks, he's leaning far more on the witty and scheming side than the intellectual necessarily and he has no emotional intelligence to speak of. There's no INFJ in him. Not in the movies at least.

By doing a quick google search, I was reminded by someone who once mentioned R’As Al Ghul to me and I completely get that on first glance and without actually trying to attribute functions to him. Out of live-action villains, he's perhaps the only plausible and realistic one I can think of.

·
Registered
176 Posts
@umop 3pisdn I've completely forgotten that series! The only anime that I actually liked (I was "forced" to watch some by my anime-obssessed rommate). And yes, that's the INFJ villian of my dreams.

Otherwise, I think Maleficent might be INFJ.

·
Registered
♂ INFJ 5w4 + 9w1 / IEI-Ni
6,035 Posts
Chrollo from Hunter x Hunter

And yeah, Johan is a pretty obvious one.

INFJ villains are pretty uncommon, but they kinda stand out when I see them.
Also I've noticed they often seem to have a cult or are part of one. lol

I find a lot of INFJ characters kinda skirt the line towards evil behaviors sometimes, but you wouldn't really call them villains within the context of the story.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The one that always comes up is Ra's Al Gul. He seems to fit the type extremely well, although I haven't made a full case study of him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.