Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm INFP. She did the test and got INFJ and said she really identified with it. I'm 21, she's 19. I've known her for a couple of weeks now.

So there's this girl at work. We get on extremely well. Texting, speaking on the phone, having lunch together etc. We had lunch together yesterday and it went amazingly well. Making each other laugh, conversation flowing, joking, flirting and so on.

Then yesterday evening we went out for some work thing to a bar and she barely talks to me. I get home and she texts me saying sorry she didn't talk to me but a couple of people asked her if there was anything going on between us and she felt awkward. I said that bothers you? And she said it doesn't, but it makes her nervous about what she's saying.

We're texting back and forth, she asks me if I think she's an idiot yada yada, then I say you have to make it up to me. She says how. I say you decide. She says I can't, you decide. I say fine, next week we'll go out after work and do something, maybe the cinema. She says ok, whatever is good with her.

Why is she so bothered about what other people think? I've been to lunch with her a few times and if it's with someone else then she talks much more to them than me and I feel left out. Is this a good or a bad thing? As she's agreed to going out with me on Friday I'd usually assume things will work out, but I've got a feeling that what I do now could make or break things.

Any advice would be great. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm INFP. She did the test and got INFJ and said she really identified with it. I'm 21, she's 19. I've known her for a couple of weeks now.

So there's this girl at work. We get on extremely well. Texting, speaking on the phone, having lunch together etc. We had lunch together yesterday and it went amazingly well. Making each other laugh, conversation flowing, joking, flirting and so on.

Then yesterday evening we went out for some work thing to a bar and she barely talks to me. I get home and she texts me saying sorry she didn't talk to me but a couple of people asked her if there was anything going on between us and she felt awkward. I said that bothers you? And she said it doesn't, but it makes her nervous about what she's saying.

We're texting back and forth, she asks me if I think she's an idiot yada yada, then I say you have to make it up to me. She says how. I say you decide. She says I can't, you decide. I say fine, next week we'll go out after work and do something, maybe the cinema. She says ok, whatever is good with her.

Why is she so bothered about what other people think? I've been to lunch with her a few times and if it's with someone else then she talks much more to them than me and I feel left out. Is this a good or a bad thing? As she's agreed to going out with me on Friday I'd usually assume things will work out, but I've got a feeling that what I do now could make or break things.

Sigh i am not as useful i think as the other INFJs around here. I can clearly answer why she takes others so much into account though. one of infj's preferred function is extroverted feeling and that kinda what it does. Asserting our opinions can be one of our weaknesses(one of my major ones). I know i withdraw if i need to think about thinks alot.

i don't talk to people if i am upset them except when i fly off on them when i like someone though..i become shy. She is talking to you and said ok to meet you. if i was mad at you i would not be saying i want to meet you. It took 3 days to figure out if i to decide i liked the girl who has became my girlfriend. I talked to her way less those days. It takes me awhile to figure out my emotions alot.

she most likely didn't mean to leave you out. I often get really involved when talking about somethings that i forgot about other people. if you should tell her kindly that you want to talk to her too. I am oblivious to such things when talking others alot of the times until someone points it out. though most of the time i am not talking and i am in the background if there are others.

remember INfJs typically don't like hurting people's feelings or lying.

ok now for my my opinion

your feeling most probably is very correct, big change could be happening. She is most likely interested in you romantically. she was degrading herself she feels ashamed of her actions. You made a mistake by validating she did something wrong when she was scared. we don't think very highly of ourselves.

Well my girlfriend asked what do i think of her twice in my life. once a week and she was just trying to see the how people viewed her and it was early on in our friendship. the second time was a month later to see if i liked her. i spent a long while trying to figure out how to say your a good friend without feeling like i was lying...i couldn't so i said i don't know and pretty much talked to her much less. i have liked people and done nothing for months before too. I just accepted the fact but never brought it up since i was too shy.

ask her gently but direct.

look at the ones about being upset here: wanting to be alone

read this thread also:how do infjs show interest

INFJ's on lying: infjs telling lies

wait for a few more posts from others. i don't want my interpretation to be wrong and stuff get worse between you two somehow.

Ask as many questions as you need. I don't mind answering them .

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
I think this girl was trying to sort out strong feelings. She probably just needs space to sort out her emotions. She still agreed to go out with you and that is a good thing. Try not to put pressure on her for answers. I know that can be hard to do when you feel you are getting mixed signals. Take it slow and easy...let it flow by letting her know you are still there with no demands.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I think this girl was trying to sort out strong feelings. She probably just needs space to sort out her emotions. She still agreed to go out with you and that is a good thing. Try not to put pressure on her for answers. I know that can be hard to do when you feel you are getting mixed signals. Take it slow and easy...let it flow by letting her know you are still there with no demands.
and this is why i said wait for the others. i thought that 6 days would be enough to sort them out but i was wrong apparently. i seem to be more in tune with my feelings a little i guess.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
and this is why i said wait for the others. i thought that 6 days would be enough to sort them out but i was wrong apparently. i seem to be more in tune with my feelings a little i guess.
I believe what you wrote was wonderful!

Reactions: John Galt

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

It is a particular combination of extraverted feeling and introverted intuition. I know that this sometimes surprises INFPs why INFJs can worry so much about what other people think of them and as a result act overly conformist, sometimes even doing and saying things that don't make much sense. Introverted intuition gives INFJ heightened sensitivity - every comment made, every word said to us gets overanalyzed to bits and pieces in our mind. Extraverted feeling finds it very distasteful to upset group harmony in any way, so if she feels like people ask her about your relationship and she cannot provide a clear answer then she is upsetting these people somehow. Because of extraverted feeling for INFJs especially younger ones there is very strong sense present in the mind that you have to try your hardest not to stand out and please other people to avoid conflicting situations. Fe even serves as our main measurement of success. INFJs for example can perform very well in school simply because good performance is pleasing for teachers and parents.

At later age, around early 20s, INFJs start developing their tertiary function - introverted logic. Introverted logic mindset balances out extraverted feeling by making INFJ pick decisions that are logical albeit that may not be conformist or pleasing to others. It gives INFJ a bit of inner spunk, stronger inner voice and confidence to stand up for herself or himself (on the down side, it can also make INFJ overly self-critical too). Most importantly it gives INFJ greater inner clarity of thought and expression. This is something INFPs and INTPs may take having for granted because you guys are used to having introverted judging function as dominant, Fi for INFPs and Ti for INTPs, which leads you to often make judgements about world around you, formulate opinions, express these opinions, and be clear where you stand. But for INFJs the dominant function is a perceiving one that makes no judgements. Next function is a people pleasing one basically. And it is not all the way until our tertiary function starts to develop when we gain greater clarity of where we stand and start to speak up for ourselves instead of always trying to conform to opinions and tastes of others.

You can read detailed INFJ profile here if you wish to understand her better: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/4629-infj-profile.html

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I believe what you wrote was wonderful!
Thank you Dalien. i just get very nervous giving advice or opinions on personal matters of others on Personality Cafe. I have almost no problem giving them anywhere else. I may undervalue myself alot here. i feel that most here are older and understand the world and others better then me. I have just realized though that i am fairly close in age and that maybe makes me a little more qualified then i think i am. i don't have a high sense of self worth, i am sorry if i offended you with that statement i didn't intend to if i did.

that post has such bad spelling and grammar but it seems to get the point across ok.

It is a particular combination of extraverted feeling and introverted intuition. I know that this sometimes surprises INFPs why INFJs can worry so much about what other people think of them and as a result act overly conformist, sometimes even doing and saying things that don't make much sense. Introverted intuition gives INFJ heightened sensitivity - every comment made, every word said to us gets overanalyzed to bits and pieces in our mind. Extraverted feeling finds it very distasteful to upset group harmony in any way, so if she feels like people ask her about your relationship and she cannot provide a clear answer then she is upsetting these people somehow. Because of extraverted feeling for INFJs especially younger ones there is very strong sense present in the mind that you have to try your hardest not to stand out and please other people to avoid conflicting situations. Fe even serves as our main measurement of success. INFJs for example can perform very well in school simply because good performance is pleasing for teachers and parents.

At later age, around early 20s, INFJs start developing their tertiary function - introverted logic. Introverted logic mindset balances out extraverted feeling by making INFJ pick decisions that are logical albeit that may not be conformist or pleasing to others. It gives INFJ a bit of inner spunk, stronger inner voice and confidence to stand up for herself or himself (on the down side, it can also make INFJ overly self-critical too). Most importantly it gives INFJ greater inner clarity of thought and expression. This is something INFPs and INTPs may take having for granted because you guys are used to having introverted judging function as dominant, Fi for INFPs and Ti for INTPs, which leads you to often make judgements about world around you, formulate opinions, express these opinions, and be clear where you stand. But for INFJs the dominant function is a perceiving one that makes no judgements. Next function is a people pleasing one basically. And it is not all the way until our tertiary function starts to develop when we gain greater clarity of where we stand and start to speak up for ourselves instead of always trying to conform to opinions and tastes of others.

You can read detailed INFJ profile here if you wish to understand her better: INFJ profile

i read alot of it. i have realized i am finally starting to develop my Ti. i noticed i am starting to stand up for myself and what i want due to reasons such as time constraints and feasibility. I feel i may hurt people but at the same time i feel less pressure and more relaxed as an end result.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I can relate. A relationship I was in was with an INFP and I wasn't comfortable about being public as much as she was. I just needed some bitchslaps to tell me that I have no reason to be afraid.

Perhaps she needs reassuring that she shouldn't have to care what people think.

Reactions: John Galt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea what's going on now. Every time I mention us going out on Friday she just ignores that part of the conversation, then today she mentioned that she'll have to let me know about Friday because her Gran is coming back on Thursday and she might have to go over on Friday and sort some things for her.

I said that's no problem, if not, then we can go Saturday, but I need to know because I have to sort things out. She said "you're free on Saturday then?", that she'd know on Wednesday and then asked me what I had to sort out. I told her I was, and I had to sort out the cinema tickets, then four hours later got a reply saying sorry for the late reply but her sister's vanished (they had a family argument yesterday) and asking me what I was doing.

I had a quick chat with her today and she was acting strange. I asked her if she was alright and she said yeah then we stumbled through a conversation, then I got a text from her afterwards saying she wasn't in a mood. I'm not socially savvy enough to know whether how she's acting means she's interested or she's about to give me the "let's just be friends" talk. I find it hard to see a positive outcome regarding women though, so I'll always end up leaning towards the latter.

She texts me to start a conversation, regardless of me texting her. Lunch last week went extremely well. I'm not unattractive. We're alike in that we don't particularly enjoy the bar/clubbing scene, and she doesn't seem to be that socially active so I'm pretty sure there's no one else involved. Yet she's giving mixed signals like crazy.

I'm thinking maybe I should give her space and cool off for a bit, because I read the part of the INFJ profile about them taking a while to get to know someone. But then I think to myself maybe if I do that she'll assume I've lost interest and that'll be the end of things. I'm the type who feels the need to give ultimatums if things don't go my way, because I hate not knowing how things stand, but I think that can potentially wreck a relationship, so I'm going to hold off on anything hasty for now.

So any advice, again, would be much appreciated.

And thanks for the prior replies everyone. I took Gildar's advice and said I was only joking that she did something wrong by not talking to me. She didn't really seem to react but I've noticed she tends to ignore anything that might lead to her having to expose whatever feelings she has. What vel said about her being overly sensitive to others made sense too, she mentioned how she constantly thanks people and constantly apologises to everyone.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have no idea what's going on now. Every time I mention us going out on Friday she just ignores that part of the conversation, then today she mentioned that she'll have to let me know about Friday because her Gran is coming back on Thursday and she might have to go over on Friday and sort some things for her.

I said that's no problem, if not, then we can go Saturday, but I need to know because I have to sort things out. She said "you're free on Saturday then?", that she'd know on Wednesday and then asked me what I had to sort out. I told her I was, and I had to sort out the cinema tickets, then four hours later got a reply saying sorry for the late reply but her sister's vanished (they had a family argument yesterday) and asking me what I was doing.

I had a quick chat with her today and she was acting strange. I asked her if she was alright and she said yeah then we stumbled through a conversation, then I got a text from her afterwards saying she wasn't in a mood. I'm not socially savvy enough to know whether how she's acting means she's interested or she's about to give me the "let's just be friends" talk. I find it hard to see a positive outcome regarding women though, so I'll always end up leaning towards the latter.

She texts me to start a conversation, regardless of me texting her. Lunch last week went extremely well. I'm not unattractive. We're alike in that we don't particularly enjoy the bar/clubbing scene, and she doesn't seem to be that socially active so I'm pretty sure there's no one else involved. Yet she's giving mixed signals like crazy.

I'm thinking maybe I should give her space and cool off for a bit, because I read the part of the INFJ profile about them taking a while to get to know someone. But then I think to myself maybe if I do that she'll assume I've lost interest and that'll be the end of things. I'm the type who feels the need to give ultimatums if things don't go my way, because I hate not knowing how things stand, but I think that can potentially wreck a relationship, so I'm going to hold off on anything hasty for now.

So any advice, again, would be much appreciated.

And thanks for the prior replies everyone. I took Gildar's advice and said I was only joking that she did something wrong by not talking to me. She didn't really seem to react but I've noticed she tends to ignore anything that might lead to her having to expose whatever feelings she has. What vel said about her being overly sensitive to others made sense too, she mentioned how she constantly thanks people and constantly apologises to everyone.
yes i think the best think is space for now. last thing you want to do is give an ultimatum. an ultimatum rushes what ever she will be going through. well i don't think passing it off as a joke was the best idea depend on the way you asked to goto the movie may just alert her that you are covering things up.. ...an apology would have been preferable if you could have done it sincerely. really i was just pointing out a mistake to prevent it from happening again. sorry again if it caused a negative impact.

i don't know if one can get friend zoned in a couple week and really she would not have to sort out her feelings for that. i don't think it is a friend zone but as a guy i don't do that so my knowlegde is on the reciveing end and as such much more limited.

my advice is give her space.definitively don't give an ultimatum and just wait it out once she know herself she will let you know.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think she is not sure yet whether or not she wants to date you and can tell you like her. If she continues giving you positive signals when she is not sure, than that means she is leading you on and that would be dishonest and possibly hurt your feelings. Also, she does not want everyone at work thinking you guys are together when you are not yet. Until she decides she definitely wants to date you for real, she will hold back. It most likely makes her uncomfortable to be in the spot light and have all that pressure to be what everyone is expecting her to be. Keep these feelings of hers in mind and try to make your interactions covert so people at work don't start thinking things about you two again.

I would back off just a touch but not completely and show her that you are not drooling over her. Once she lightens up again you can start flirting again, but not around coworkers unless she starts flirting with you in front of coworkers. Read her signals as instructions on how she would like you to behave. Follow suit. Start mixing it up when her guard is lifted as not to push her further away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Over the past couple of days she keeps asking me weird questions. "Do you think I'm an idiot?", "are you bored of me yet?", "do you hate me at the moment?" (after I sent her a professional work email. Note that I don't really see her at work) and then "you seem bored of me, I do get quite dull quickly". These are questions of a clingy person, yet that's not congruent with her other behaviour.

She told me she definitely can't meet me on Saturday, because something that was cancelled is now uncancelled, and I'm expecting her to tell me that she can't make Friday either.

My current thoughts are that she's probably interested, but she's scared shitless of getting into any sort of relationship, and because of that she's trying to keep me interested while she builds up the nerve to go out with me. Regardless of whether that's the case or whether she's just worried about hurting my feelings by turning me down, it's starting to grate on me and get annoying.

really i was just pointing out a mistake to prevent it from happening again. sorry again if it caused a negative impact
It didn't cause a negative impact so no problem, it was worth a go, she just ignored it lol.

I think she is not sure yet whether or not she wants to date you and can tell you like her. If she continues giving you positive signals when she is not sure, than that means she is leading you on and that would be dishonest and possibly hurt your feelings. Also, she does not want everyone at work thinking you guys are together when you are not yet. Until she decides she definitely wants to date you for real, she will hold back. It most likely makes her uncomfortable to be in the spot light and have all that pressure to be what everyone is expecting her to be. Keep these feelings of hers in mind and try to make your interactions covert so people at work don't start thinking things about you two again.

I would back off just a touch but not completely and show her that you are not drooling over her. Once she lightens up again you can start flirting again, but not around coworkers unless she starts flirting with you in front of coworkers. Read her signals as instructions on how she would like you to behave. Follow suit. Start mixing it up when her guard is lifted as not to push her further away.
That makes a lot of sense, thankyou.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Over the past couple of days she keeps asking me weird questions. "Do you think I'm an idiot?", "are you bored of me yet?", "do you hate me at the moment?" (after I sent her a professional work email. Note that I don't really see her at work) and then "you seem bored of me, I do get quite dull quickly". These are questions of a clingy person, yet that's not congruent with her other behaviour.

She told me she definitely can't meet me on Saturday, because something that was cancelled is now uncancelled, and I'm expecting her to tell me that she can't make Friday either.

My current thoughts are that she's probably interested, but she's scared shitless of getting into any sort of relationship, and because of that she's trying to keep me interested while she builds up the nerve to go out with me. Regardless of whether that's the case or whether she's just worried about hurting my feelings by turning me down, it's starting to grate on me and get annoying.

It didn't cause a negative impact so no problem, it was worth a go, she just ignored it lol.

That makes a lot of sense, thankyou.
Ok, this sounds as if she is being insecure & testing you as a defense and justifying it by saying to herself that she is being safe.

I think you are correct in your assumption that she likes you and is scared.

The only other possibility though is if she has strong reason to not like you in addition to the part of you she likes. You will have to find out where this is coming from and nip it in the bud before she solidifies it in her mind.

What are some possibilities of why she might not be interested in you? She does not like an aspect about your looks? Her pears think something bad about you? Did she take something you said as being mean or wussy? She is horribly afraid of committing and getting close?

·
Registered
66 Posts
She's insecure and is going through some family drama, that's all. Be calm, if she asks you weird questions, just answer them honestly. All will be well.

Reactions: vel and John Galt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The only other possibility though is if she has strong reason to not like you in addition to the part of you she likes. You will have to find out where this is coming from and nip it in the bud before she solidifies it in her mind.

What are some possibilities of why she might not be interested in you? She does not like an aspect about your looks? Her pears think something bad about you? Did she take something you said as being mean or wussy? She is horribly afraid of committing and getting close?
I'm not too sure. In regards to looks the closest she's come to making a comment on that is saying that I look nice with short hair, and then she added and with long hair (which I have now). There are only a few people who we both know at work (we work on the same floor but around a corner and to do with different things) and one of those I'm friends with and knew before she knew her, and the others I get on fine with. We've actually only been face to face about 6/7 times, 3 of which have been at lunch, and 1 of those was with just her. The lunch we were alone together went amazingly well and there wasn't any awkward/weird/strange moments.

In regards to committment, based on looking through her Facebook, the only thing I can find in regards to relationships is about her being "in a complicated relationship" when she first signed up 3 years ago, which was never added to, it was just removed and now there's nothing there. Other than that, there's no messages from guys at all, and no mention of anything relationship based. Like I mentioned, she's not very socially active either.

She said the other day that she'll let me know about Friday on Wednesday night, so I might have a better idea of what's going on later. Like I said, I'm pretty sure she's going to say she can't go though.

She's insecure and is going through some family drama, that's all. Be calm, if she asks you weird questions, just answer them honestly. All will be well.
Yeah, I'll try to be. I just ignore her weird questions lol.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yeah, I'll try to be. I just ignore her weird questions lol.
Maybe you should start asking her why she is asking you those questions instead of ignoring them. Most likely she is saying them because she wants to communicate something or learn something about you. If you humor her with some inquirious (I know made up word) replies, you might actually find out why she is asking you those weird things. What if she does not know how to ask the question or tell you the info but if you are in a banter she may sneak it in disguised as something else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My current thoughts are that she's probably interested, but she's scared shitless of getting into any sort of relationship, and because of that she's trying to keep me interested while she builds up the nerve to go out with me.
I'm not sure about that....I have found that once INFJ"s make up their mind that they are interested in someone, and the feeing is mutual, it's very hard to hold back feelings. We want intimacy in romantic relationships so much that if there's a legitimate possibility of one looming nearby it's hard to pass up.

Here's my take...she wants to be in a relationship right now, and she's trying to figure out if YOU are the person she can plug in to fill that need. And I'm sorry to say, but because of the paragraph I wrote above, she might be trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. She might want a relationship in her life right now so bad that she is trying to make you fit into her "vision" of what a mate needs to be right now, but becuase she's testing you so much I am thinking she is trying to talk herself into that. Remember, INFJ's typically HATE rejecting people...even people we don't like!! SO imagine the pain she might feel rejecting you (someone she does like platonically). It's easier to make someone reject us than it is to do the rejecting. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Okay, I can probably help you on this... because this girl sounds alot like me. I've done the same kind of things to my exs when we first started dating. I specifically asked him not to tell anyone or let anyone know that we were seeing each other LOL

Firstly I think she does like you, but I also know that she probably doesn't know enough about you to say for certain whether she 'should' like you. I just have a feeling she's probably trying to sort out what she feels.

I have pretty good relationships with my acquaintances and friends even if it's on an amiable superficial level. It bothers me if people's perception about who I am based on what they see changes (especially when it comes to that special somebody). If I've begun to take a slight interest in somebody I don't know that well myself, I don't enjoy my friends or acquaintances making comments or feeling differently about me than they normally would.

I think I fear expectation and responsibility for things even if it's placed only through people's perceptions; especially if I am unsure. If it's something I am 'sure' I want to acknowledge and can own up to that responsibility, I have no qualms about letting people know. However, if I am unsure then it bugs the hell out of me when people place guesses or bets about what's going to happen. I think part of that may be because I'm not sure myself and I don't want their expectations to give the 'possible' love interest some kind of false hope that something great is going to happen when it could very well not happen.

It's a combination of a lot of things really, but it comes from a well meaning place. If she apologized, then it means she cares enough about you to smooth things out. If she doesn't apologize, it means you can start looking for somebody else. How do I know this? Because I do the same thing.

Ultimately I don't want to hurt the guy's feeling if I find out something I don't like down the line. It could change my whole perception of him and the potential of that relationship would die with it. I've recently just lost all interest in this one guy I met and can't imagine why I saw any possibility there other than he's attractive haha

Just keep your chin up. If you like her, show her that you like her. If she asks questions, answer truthfully. If she draws a blank, fill in the blanks for her (like that place to eat or hang out).
In my relationships my bfs were usually the one figuring out places to go and stuff. I never knew where to go (I'm at home in my room usually lol). I liked that they took the initiative to show me new places and things. If I discovered anything cool, I would mention it and hope they would drive me there =) Not that I'm a bad driver, but... I like looking out the window in the car =D

So yeah, honestly dont let it bother you. She's just unsure about how she feels. If you're sure about how you feel, just be super relaxed and patient with her but keep that line of communication and contact with her. My ex was really good at doing the 'no pressure' for anything to happen but also letting me know "I really like you a lot" thing. Keep at it, she's just thinking aloud.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She's really annoying me now. She's now not even acknowledging the fact that I invited her out tonight, and I guarantee if I asked her she'd say "omg I'm so sorry, I forgot!" which would be such a shamefaced lie it wouldn't even be funny.

I just cannot be bothered with this anymore, so I'm ignoring her. She's sent me 3 messages and I haven't replied to any of them, so I assume the next message I get from her will be a query as to why I'm not replying. I'll either ignore it or tell her, depending on the content of her message, then at least there'll be some closure. Good or bad, it doesn't matter, I'm to the point of not caring what the outcome is, as long as there is one.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the ignoring tactic seemed to work. After I ignored 4 of her texts, she text me asking if she'd done something wrong, as well as saying that she thought we were getting on alright and she thought we were going to do something this weekend, and now I'm not texting her, and she's not obsessed or anything but she'd just like to know. So I replied saying you never gave me a reply about going out last night and if you want to do something then good, and we'll have to set something up for certain.

She said she realised she hadn't given me an answer about last night, but she was going to on Thursday but because I didn't reply she thought I didn't want to go out anymore (?!). She said she did want to do something and she was going to be free tonight (prior post from me a few days ago - "She told me she definitely can't meet me on Saturday, because something that was cancelled is now uncancelled"). She told me she wants to do something if I want to, it's been weird not texting me and she asked me to lunch at work next week as well.

I replied saying I'd like to do something, I might be able to make next weekend depending on if my friend is here or not and lunch would be good. She said she wants to as well and next weekend would be great.

So, yeah, lmao. I think I'm just going to give up on having expectations over this relationship. Every expectation I've had has been subverted with the next "move" on her part, so I'm going to try my best to relax and not guess, think about or expect anything anymore lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts