Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an INFJ female with a crush on a guy who I THINK is an ENFP. We have known each other a long time but only started talking properly about a month and a half ago. He took a rather sexual interest in me to begin with but just lately he hasnt been bringing that kind of thing up in conversation, just has been chatting about 'life' things. We 'hung out' once, about a week and a half ago, and in that time he touched me a lot (non sexual, occasional brush of the arm or leg, holding my hand as we crossed some rocks by the sea) and made some prolonged eye contact, also I caught him watching me walk away as I left. He talks to me nearly every day, though he recently got a new job so has been busy with that, and unable to talk to me as much, at least that is what I'm telling myself.

A few of my friends that know about him are convinced he is interested in me but I'm not sure. Intuition tells me he does but again, I'm not sure. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
the best answer i can give you is that all the signs suggest he does like you.. i tend to be quite touchy feely, but especially so with someone i like. people don't just make prolonged eye contact with people for no reason, unless they are weird.

my intuition is never wrong about that type of thing, and i know INFJs are at least as accurate as we can be, so i'd trust your intuition.

·
Registered
306 Posts
the best answer i can give you is that all the signs suggest he does like you.. i tend to be quite touchy feely, but especially so with someone i like. people don't just make prolonged eye contact with people for no reason, unless they are weird.

my intuition is never wrong about that type of thing, and i know INFJs are at least as accurate as we can be, so i'd trust your intuition.
I'd love to say that's true but romantic love is where my INFJ intuition usually fails me. I read into things that other people tell me I'm overthinking... and then it doesn't pan out...

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Thanks a lot. It just worries me that his sexual interest in me seems to have waned these past few days, and I don't know why.
maybe he gave up on you a little bit? i like INFP/INFJs too, and after a while it gets tiring if she isn't showing enough signs back after a while. you guys can be a bit "hard to get" sometimes, and i tend to get weary after several weeks if there isn't much progress. i know it takes a while for you guys to come around and to develop that trust, but we need some encouragement sometimes. i remember i was interested in an INFP once, and after about 5/6 weeks of chasing i was sitting in my room deciding it was too much effort and i didn't seem to be getting anywhere- when she started texting me, which gave me the encouragement i needed just in time. the saving grace for me is that INFP/INFJs tend to blush or act a little vulnerable sometimes around a guy they like when caught off-guard- if it wasn't for noticing that it'd often be much harder.

try sending him some signals and see how he reacts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe he gave up on you a little bit? i like INFP/INFJs too, and after a while it gets tiring if she isn't showing enough signs back after a while. you guys can be a bit "hard to get" sometimes, and i tend to get weary after several weeks if there isn't much progress. i know it takes a while for you guys to come around and to develop that trust, but we need some encouragement sometimes. i remember i was interested in an INFP once, and after about 5/6 weeks of chasing i was sitting in my room deciding it was too much effort and i didn't seem to be getting anywhere- when she started texting me, which gave me the encouragement i needed just in time. the saving grace for me is that INFP/INFJs tend to blush or act a little vulnerable sometimes around a guy they like when caught off-guard- if it wasn't for noticing that it'd often be much harder.

try sending him some signals and see how he reacts.
That sounds about right really. How should I give him some signs? I dont want to be too obvious hehehe. Also, I acted shy/vulnerable around him once and he said he liked it, so thats a pretty safe bet :)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
That sounds about right really. How should I give him some signs? I dont want to be too obvious hehehe. Also, I acted shy/vulnerable around him once and he said he liked it, so thats a pretty safe bet :)
haha i bet he did. just approach him more than you usually do, be happy to see him, and try touching him in the same way he does to you. texting is always a good way to flirt as well, try texting him asking about his day and sharing any funny incidents in yours. we like INFP/INFJs partly because they are hard to get, but we want to feel like we're earning their trust and attraction after a while.

if what i said is basically what is going on, then he might not respondright away.. you'll probably have to let him go away and think about it and switch his decision from "given up" back onto "oh wait, there's hope!". of course if you try texting, you won't have to wait, he'll have time to process it before he sees you again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha i bet he did. just approach him more than you usually do, be happy to see him, and try touching him in the same way he does to you. texting is always a good way to flirt as well, try texting him asking about his day and sharing any funny incidents in yours. we like INFP/INFJs partly because they are hard to get, but we want to feel like we're earning their trust and attraction after a while.

if what i said is basically what is going on, then he might not respondright away.. you'll probably have to let him go away and think about it and switch his decision from "given up" back onto "oh wait, there's hope!". of course if you try texting, you won't have to wait, he'll have time to process it before he sees you again.
Thanks so much for your advice, has really put my mind at rest. I will try these things!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts