Personality Cafe banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Please visit me odinthor! I'll cook all the meals and do all the dishes!
lol

I'm with you. Who wants to set up a chore trade?

Things I like to do...
Cook
Laundry (I even separate lights from darks, and wash clothes on proper settings!)
Grocery shop
Sweep and mop
Clean the bathroom (if it's my day off and there's time)

Things I wish someone else did for me

DISHES!!!
Taking out the trash
Cleaning the fridge
actually just sitting down and paying the fucking bills already, I don't know why it's so hard, it's not like I don't have the money!!
Making phone calls
also DISHES!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Please visit me odinthor! I'll cook all the meals and do all the dishes!

I'll handle the gardening, take care of the horses, and do necessary googlification research when we need an answer to something.

But I like to have my feet massaged, so someone has to take care of that.

9,999 Posts
I'll handle the gardening, take care of the horses, and do necessary googlification research when we need an answer to something.

But I like to have my feet massaged, so someone has to take care of that.
I'll be up in my cave for any leftover dishes @Paper Shade hasn't managed to take care of.

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you are feeling like you are stressed out and too much in your head, it might not be a bad idea to engage the second function (Fe). Basically try to talk to people more. Which it sounds like you are trying to do now by opening an account again and getting ideas from people. You don’t seem to me to be doing too bad with Se?

Here’s a video on the Ni Ti loop. Not sure if that’s what’s going on with you, but maybe? I like this youtuber Frank James, he has some great informational Myers Briggs/ INFJ videos:

·
Archer's Master
2,308 Posts
I do like both, just not in quick succession. Trying to digest and wash at the same time, no thanks. Like heavy baked goods, crusty pans are better the second day.
I've only recently started to bake, and I can definitely understand now the struggle with washing those crusty pans. But I seem to have this mentality that I can't eat what I made unless I clean up immediately after, so I wash them all right away. :unsure:

(And no, I never had a dishwasher haha.)

Reactions: Paper Shade

·
Archer's Master
2,308 Posts
lol

Things I like to do...
Cook
Laundry (I even separate lights from darks, and wash clothes on proper settings!)
Grocery shop
Sweep and mop
Clean the bathroom (if it's my day off and there's time)

Things I wish someone else did for me

DISHES!!!
Taking out the trash
Cleaning the fridge
actually just sitting down and paying the fucking bills already, I don't know why it's so hard, it's not like I don't have the money!!
Making phone calls
also DISHES!!
I honestly wish I had a Robot Chore or something. I hate every chore out there except dishes and laundry (because Japan has these auto-washing machines so all I need to worry about is hanging the clothes out after). I can't even force myself to sweep the floor now even when I've already postponed doing it for days. And I feel so unproductive each passing day I fail to do the chores. :crying:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I honestly wish I had a Robot Chore or something. I hate every chore out there except dishes and laundry (because Japan has these auto-washing machines so all I need to worry about is hanging the clothes out after). I can't even force myself to sweep the floor now even when I've already postponed doing it for days. And I feel so unproductive each passing day I fail to do the chores. :crying:
Well, my name is Doer, so there are high expectations of me, I will play video games...

9,999 Posts
If it's an INFJ colony, I'm afraid that one's going to be a hard sell all around. :rolleyes:
I had this idea at one point while "touring" various more or less intentional communities around the world to create a "community" where you don't need to see anyone unless you feel like it, but where you've got decent people in your vicinity for when you do feel like it, like within a few hundred yards. I realised however that the only way to make it work would be to own it all by yourself and be a dictator of a sorts, renting out the assorted houses to people you carefully study and scrutinise to make sure they fit in. Any kind of communal ownership will likely result in people not giving one another enough space, the usual hierarchy struggles, power dynamics etc. that I saw everywhere. And if everyone owned their own place, they could move out and sell to whomever.

And well, dictators always turn into dick-tators so ... no Plato's philosopher kings on this Earth, alas. Can't say going it all alone really works for me either, but between making my own mistakes and getting entangled in communal crap, I definitely prefer the former.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had this idea at one point while "touring" various more or less intentional communities around the world to create a "community" where you don't need to see anyone unless you feel like it, but where you've got decent people in your vicinity for when you do feel like it, like within a few hundred yards. I realised however that the only way to make it work would be to own it all by yourself and be a dictator of a sorts, renting out the assorted houses to people you carefully study and scrutinise to make sure they fit in. Any kind of communal ownership will likely result in people not giving one another enough space, the usual hierarchy struggles, power dynamics etc. that I saw everywhere. And if everyone owned their own place, they could move out and sell to whomever.

And well, dictators always turn into dick-tators so ... no Plato's philosopher kings on this Earth, alas. Can't say going it all alone really works for me either, but between making my own mistakes and getting entangled in communal crap, I definitely prefer the former.
Interesting,

I've heard an interview with Airbnb CEO (I forgot his name, blame Si), he was asked at the end of his vision and what I understood is that he wanted something similar, he wanted a home, but that home could be anywhere in the planet, the community is Airbnb customers, could be filtered and categorized, but that idea is instead of the current renting and hosting feels, it would feel like a home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If you are feeling like you are stressed out and too much in your head, it might not be a bad idea to engage the second function (Fe). Basically try to talk to people more. Which it sounds like you are trying to do now by opening an account again and getting ideas from people. You don’t seem to me to be doing too bad with Se?

Here’s a video on the Ni Ti loop. Not sure if that’s what’s going on with you, but maybe? I like this youtuber Frank James, he has some great informational Myers Briggs/ INFJ videos:

R22, yes I realize now I needed more to talk to people. In the last couple years or so, I've really gotten it into my head that other people are mostly a distraction. Which I think was mostly true, but the the truth can depend on the situation. A quote I'm trying to stay mindful of is "The tools you use to survive are not the same tools you use to thrive" I have been trying to survive for so long, and now that my life is so much more stable I have to learn to toss out old ways of thinking not because they never served me, but be because they no longer do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Interesting,

I've heard an interview with Airbnb CEO (I forgot his name, blame Si), he was asked at the end of his vision and what I understood is that he wanted something similar, he wanted a home, but that home could be anywhere in the planet, the community is Airbnb customers, could be filtered and categorized, but that idea is instead of the current renting and hosting feels, it would feel like a home.
Interesting. Whenever I fantasize about becoming a billionaire (it's only a matter of time) I thought about how, instead of having one big ass mansion, I would just own super cute little apartments all over the world, so no matter where I was, it would always feel like home. Of course I'm like always thinking, but that would be wasteful for when I'm not using those places. So then I was like, well I'd have some network where homeless and women's shelters could use the space for people who needed temporary housing. Win/win for everyone. I wonder if that's sort of the same line of thinking the AirBnB guy was thinking?

·
Registered
673 Posts

I called mine "my island." It wasn't so much an idea, as a way of expressing to myself whether someone I had dealings with in daily life gave me that feeling that . . . I would not inevitably like them less, and want to see less of them, the better I got to know them? I'm not even sure how to put it into words, which is why I just started telling myself "You could live on my island." Library Lady (favorite public librarian in a small town). The Postal Maven (hyper-competent new postal clerk in a small town, who would make weirdly perceptive little non-sequiturs unrelated to postal matters while he took care of your packages). Other Chinese Grocery library lady. I would also say it when I was thinking of people I'd known but not know well from times in my past. And a few I'd known well and lost touch with.

It wasn't a fully-fleshed plan with any explanation of how I came to have an island of my own, or the power dynamics involved, or any sort of governing dick-tatorship for me or anyone else, but I did have a visual: most certainly a hundred yards distance between houses minimum, Marvin :wink: --they were big, solid, well-proportioned Queen Anne Victorians on several acres each. Plenty of woods and uncut meadows with cut walking paths. Basically the feeling of a fin de siecle middle class holiday spot. (Actually I was probably remembering some of my favorite places and buildings in Blekinge, mixed together with vistas from the islands of the Pacific Northwest.) No phones, but twice-daily local postal service, of course!

9,999 Posts
--they were big, solid, well-proportioned Queen Anne Victorians on several acres each. Plenty of woods and uncut meadows with cut walking paths. Basically the feeling of a fin de siecle middle class holiday spot. (Actually I was probably remembering some of my favorite places and buildings in Blekinge, mixed together with vistas from the islands of the Pacific Northwest.) No phones, but twice-daily local postal service, of course!
I was probably thinking about something like...

...spread out of course.

9,999 Posts
Reactions: Paper Shade
21 - 39 of 39 Posts