Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am INFJ but have very close T and F and very close I and E. SO in certain moods I am SO totally ENFJ. BUt I'm thinking about this munipulation thing- I am a complete chameleon Ive realized and it makes me feel fake, I want to be just the real me but I dont know how- Im not being a chameleon on perpous, it just happens instinctually. Do you ever feel guilt about it? I know I do but I dont know how to stop.
There are certain traits from ENFJ that fit me, others do not at all. For one I am a bit more grouchy and critical and hold people to high standards, I am a bit more cautious and private and I am deffinately not bubbly. Sometimes I can even seem a bit cold, sometimes proud looking on the outside( though in side toataly not) I do feel superior to some people, but only when I get into this mood of being angry because people are so selfish. But I do talk to myself when I am alone sometimes, and feel like people are watching me(this is when I am in the E mode however- its a mood) and I often feel very intense dramatic emotions tend to exadgerate- not as much as another ENFJ I know tho. I also have a very good understanding of motives and why people are saying what they are saying and just what to say to them to make them happy with me or to get them to react in a certain way- (As a child I was very deviously clever about this- I would act innocent but I was secretly munipulating the person, very curious and adventerous and always trying to learn more things and do more interesting things)
Could there be an ENFJ who is more reserved, thoughtful and quietly clever who is a bit grouchy inwardly but never shows it to people unless they are a certain type- Like I am a different personality around different people I feel so fake and like no one will ever know me- its because I think if I show my real self people wont understand me so its best to pretend to be just like them. Sensing people really make me want to do this the most- because they so totaly do not understand intuitive people :mad:
Any way I am a chameleon and deffinately am an F but I am much too grouchy to be an ENFJ- though so much fits me-but so also so much in INFJ fit me too. :p so:bored: confusing. I'm thinking that a person can be a mix of all the MBTI because I even feel like a INTJ and an INTP though I know I am not an INTP and Im more extroverted than an INTJ at times. I hate disharmony- I find it illogical- chaos halts progress and mankind is the highest creature. I am a grouchy idealist because no one will TRY to be better- they have no standards and that is what irritates me. And I hate selfish people.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah and another ENFJ thing- I will flirt without realizing it. I am just interested in people and trying to better them- all people- I usually dont attatch to one particular person unless I find something extraordinary about them. I will be friendly polite, tactful, trying to make them feel good about themselves, and dropping advise and hints if they give off vibes of 'help me' in any way and often saying my opinions on things. I love to connect with people- although long term drains the hell out of me- and when you connect with a guy- he automaticly thinks you are into him because usually people are only interseted in people who will give them something or they will get something out of it- not me, I just want to connect with everybody. SO I have been very populat with the guys and had some trouble. COuldnt figure out what the hell was going on until I realized I was just to charming. So I tone it down now. It helps to cool it out with the guys. ALthough I feel really bad whenever I realize I had unknowingly led a guy on. :(

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Skip post to read below.

I have nothing better to add to this :)

Except that perhaps armed with this knowledge, it might become easier for you to relate to type descriptions.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just like Jawz said, you still have to dive more deeply on the MBTI world.

So far, I believe you have only made the tests and read the descriptions. Which is cool, by the way, but not enough to go on if you need to clarify yourself. Everyone is able to perform traits of every single type at a given time. Why? Because every type share these personality building blocks, the cognitive functions.

The cognitive functions are preferences that are displayed by all types, which shapes the way they interact with others, the world and themselves. However, the way that these preferences are ordered - that is, what feels more natural to each person, is what defines their type.

I have been a bit vague about cognitive functions so far. They are about how you judge (Thinking or Feeling) and how you gather data, in other words, perceive ( Sensing or Intuition). The catch is that now, they can have attitudes themselves, being introverted or extroverted. For example: Extroverted feeling (Fe) - It is a value-based judgement based on the environment of a given individual. It focus on the outside, and therefore, is an extroverted function. Likewise, we have Introverted Feeling(Fi), which is also a value-based judgment, but focused on the individual on a given environment.

That way, when you do the math, you get eight cognitive functions: Fe, Fi, Ne, Ni, Se, Si, Te and Ti. You may have noticed from experience that there's no such extremes as feeling without thinking, or sensing without intuition. You know why that happens? Because for every function, there's a compensatory function. So, to Extroverted Feeling (Fe), there's Introverted Thinking (Ti). The same works for every function.

Our actions are guided by our top two functions and their compensatory functions, meaning that we can only have conscious acess to 4 functions at a time. Using the other four conflicts with these functions, and they are therefore, unconsciously used only. So..

Being an ENFJ means that:

1) We have an extroverted function as our favorite (Dominant function)
2) It's a Judging function
3) Which, btw, is feeling.

Therefore, our dominant function is Fe. We do everything through our Fe. Actually, not everything, but every other function serves Fe's interests. Continuing:

Being an ENFJ also means that:

4) Ti is our least liked function, cause it's the compensatory function of Fe. (inferior function)
5) We also are intuitives, but it's not as strong as Fe. It is a back function (Auxiliary function)

This a bit tricky, but let's think about it: If your favorite function is extroverted, your backup function can't be extroverted as well, because the mind requires more than instinct to survive. If you lived only on the outside, you wouldn't be able to do anything by yourself. Likewise, if your favorite function is introverted, your backup function can't be introverted as well, because you can't live in your head forever - otherwise you wouldn't be able to interact with the world.

Therefore, ENFJ's intuition can only be introverted, giving some insight for their dominant function to work. So, their auxilary Ni gives their dominant Fe a guide to work in the real life.

But Ni can't work by itself. Why? Because having only Ni would mean that you can't perceive information happening right now. For that, ENFJs also have Se, Ni's compensatory function.

In the end, ENFJs are people who have Extroverted feeling as their lifestyle, but for them Fe (a judgment function) is fed by the Introverted intuition (a perceiving function), which in turn receives information from Extroverted sensing, while Introverted thinking sits on the back, being ignored by Fe.

Therefore, ENFJs can show traits associated with INxJs (Since both share Ni as a function), ESxPs (Since both share Se as a function), but will hardly show traits associated with IxTPs (Since one's favorite function is the other's least liked).

I may have digressed severely here, but I hope that this helps you to start traveling the coginitive functions part of MBTI.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts