Personality Cafe banner

infj identification, high Ni: is this common amongst infps?

[INFP] 
3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TJSeabury 
#1 ·
First thread by me, so I just wanted to say how lovely it's been so far :) you are all amazing and special. seriously.

I've got a slight problem in that I'm identifying a bit with INFJ in some respects.

I took a functionality test last night and Ni tested as high if not higher than Ne.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The other thing is, I notice that some of you guys love ambiguous observations on philosophical matters and the like. i feel really uncomfortable with that kind of lack of resolution.

Thanks for reading!

D

#3 ·
I guess this is possible. i was really hoping to get a few people coming along and saying: yeah, i'm definately an infp but i feel this way too.

for once, i am beginning to enjoy categorizing myself ;>

#4 ·
Resurrecting this thread!

I am definitely an INFP. I have a very dominant Fi.

I'm sure of it. Through lots of self-study and a lot of self-reflection and observation was I able to pin myself down as INFP. But like you, @gestalt, my Ni is really high! It's around the same as my Ne only just a bit more. So, you're not the only one who feels that way :'D

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.1)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.9)
excellent use

So. I have no idea if this is common or not.

But yep. INFP here .... . ... . .... ... but I think I'm more confused D:

#5 ·
I want to try and understand were the Ni use comes from in a Fi-Ne user. Not that we can't have Ni, but to have strong Ni, I always wonder if having Ne with a strongly developed Si and Ti (or maybe even Te) can seem Ni-ish on the surface. I'm not INTP as I'm definately Fi-dom, but a lot of INFP seem to "just know" things quickly and can be surprisingly accurate. I think it's common that we are quick learners. I also think that Fidom users are so intuned to how they feel, that internal feeling not foreign to them like it is other types, meaning we can recognize it quickly and move on to our other functions for situations we think our internal feelings need to be reigned in just a bit... Or in other words...recognize the feelings right away, and then quickly go into a Ti type mind frame as we wonder if how we are feeling is relevant to the situation. Back this up with the many possibilities of Ne and it could cause Ti to come in rather quickly and sort out the illogical state of feelings, Thus, giving us clarity and a more objective perspective, sifted Fi, and be able to narrow the many Ne possibilities into a linear pattern of thought that result in knowing. Maybe that Ne and Ti combination is similar to Ni in that aspect? Maybe my Ni sucks and I don't recognize it properly and am only speaking of just using Ti as a backup to Fi, or else INTP all could be strong Ni users, which I doubt is the case. I also think that Fi and Ti aren't opposites, but work together. Just INFP wear their Fi and the Ti backs it up or steers it somewhere else, while Ti think of something and then "feel" right about it (for the most part, not in a stubborn or presumptuous way thinks to the Ne).

Reactions: 396890
#6 ·
First thread by me, so I just wanted to say how lovely it's been so far :) you are all amazing and special. seriously.

I've got a slight problem in that I'm identifying a bit with INFJ in some respects.

I took a functionality test last night and Ni tested as high if not higher than Ne.
Although I'm an INFP, and from memory I've got very high Ne, I generally played an INFJ role in World of Warcraft, as it's a bit more conducive to leadership (although not much, necessarily) than INFP. WoW had a hard INFP role; the healer classes, but I never really gravitated to that, because given that I'm a bit more narcissistic than is usual for INFPs, I liked being in the spotlight a little more.

The other thing is, I notice that some of you guys love ambiguous observations on philosophical matters and the like. i feel really uncomfortable with that kind of lack of resolution.
I'm not really much of a rationalist, and my level of Ne also doesn't make me feel particularly inclined towards needing to apologise for that, truth be told; although in the interests of avoiding conflict, you'll also notice that I'm not going to be taking that attitude into the *T* or *J* forums, either. I think the main reason why I don't like concrete resolutions to subjects, is because I'm aware of how rapidly things can change at times, and if we've already decided that something is resolved, it can be more difficult to update or modify our beliefs concerning it, if that becomes necessary.

#7 ·
You can't be an INFP if your Ni is more prominent than your Ne. INFP is simply shorthand for FiNeSiTe.

Learn about function theory for yourself, ignore type descriptions, all tests are inaccurate. The only way to truly find your type is to study and introspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.