Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a story behind the confusion of my type. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

When I first took the test I didn't know about the functions, so originally I tested INFX. I thought maybe I was INFP because I didn't test strong J and felt like I was 'late to my appointments'

When I learned about the functions though I felt like I was probably dominant Ni, Fe. It made sense to me more than INFP. I do feel strong Ne though, when I'm with others. We'll laugh about things we imagine.

I don't encounter people too often who I get to use Ne with. Some of my really good friends though who I think are ENXP types I can relate with Ne. I'm an extremely laid back person though. I thought maybe it's Type 9.

What confuses me the most is that when I was younger, in elementary school up to high school, I was completely different. I don't think I was very Ni until high school. And really, I think I had characteristics of ENFP, INFP, ISFP and I was very physically active before that, with possible Se. I made jokes in class. I was somewhat popular and influencial. People liked to copy me. I was extremely random and kind of outgoing which makes me think I could have been ENFP. I was also very coordinated and was able to learn things quickly. I'm also very creative especially with music.

Half way through high school I started to think more holistically and had big ideas and realizations about patterns and systems, and developed interests in studies like demographics, statistics, and anthropology and used Ni more for the first time. However on the outside with friends I was funny and random.

In my junior year of high school I had been stressed out from lack of sleep and I guess thinking too much, and I had a whole bunch of energy then crashed into a deep depression and was diagnosed with Bipolar 2. I went to doctors for therapy and medication but they weren't helping very much so I decided to figure life out on my own. But since I felt such strong emotions for the first time, it made me feel empathetic for everyone and realize that people have their own struggles. Around this time I started to become Fe.

During the next 3 years I thought about life and the way things work and I truly began to develop Ni and Ti through introspection and journaling, disciplining myself. After one year I had developed my own personal ideas about how human behavior and emotions work. That was the way I came out of my depression, by making so many connections in my mind and thinking analytically, sometimes writing my ideas and breaking them down. During this time though I was in college majoring in Anthropology, and that also stimulated the use of Ni.

Some time during college I reunited with some friends from high school and they were sort of surprised by how philosophical and intellectual I was expressing myself through the use of Ni. I was no longer making jokes about stuff or being so random. I was thinking before speaking and trying to phrase things correctly.

This whole time I had still struggled through college with despression and anxiety and wasn't taking medicine. I learned to kind of detach myself emotionally from my own identity in a way that I think lessened the Fi.

In the beginning of my senior year in college I went into a hypomanic episode and my mind was just out of control so I finally acknowledged that the problem I have is beyond my control, even though I tried so hard without medicine or therapy. I decided the mature thing to do was to see a doctor again and take medicine. I got a lot better and my mood stabilized

I feel both Ni and Ne now. I'm very Ni when I'm alone analyzing things, or with someone I can have an intellectual conversation with. I can break anything down into each component it's made of, and put them all together into a whole. But since I'm happier these days, I'm a little more of my previous self, though I've developed a lot of Fe.

I changed in so many ways from when I was younger and people noticed it. I attribute it to becoming more mature but also the change in my thought process when overcoming my depression, and feeling a lot more empathetic and focused on the emotions of others around me. I feel very Ni, Fe, Ti, Se. But whenever I'm with old friends these days I can snap right into Ne and we'll start laughing at all kinds of things around us and make scenarios etc. I have Ni conversations with some of them though.

It just makes me think about who I've become, and that there are different sides of my personality. There have always been. In the past I've been called extremely quiet, and at other times very outgoing. Then When I got older into college I was called intellectual and many people told me they have never met anyone like me. I care a lot about having friends and not always being alone, although I spend most of my time alone.

The most consistent type I feel is the one I attribute to INFJ. When I look in the forums of the other types, the only one that interests me is the INFJ one. To me the topics and threads are relevant with relevant posts that I can relate to and appreciate thinking about. I've looked in other forums for the other personality types and they just don't interest me very much. They don't seem as constructive or revolve around ideas that I find important.

Thanks for reading.

Can I get some interpretations? What does this case sound like to you?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Well, I think the confusion you're describing has to do with the fact that all the functions exist within every psyche and it's really a matter of preference i.e. what energizes you vs. what drains your psychic resources. We all have the ability to cultivate every single function and use them at our personal liberty. N's can be detail oriented. S's can be big picture. F's can be rational/logical. T's can be soft and warm. It's a matter of what you can sustain, what your default state is, what comes naturally and what needs to be done with deliberate effort.

If you think you're an INFx, you've probably already determined that you are drained after hanging out with people or, at least, aren't energized by good conversations or something of that nature.

You seem more like an INFJ to me. Btw, I use both Ne and Ni pretty heavily. Most intuitive types do. Most Thinkers use both thinking functions. Most feelers use both feeling functions. None of the functions exist in a vacuum.

But if you're a 4, I imagine, the quest for what comes to you naturally--in short, your identity--is something that plagues you regularly. To which I wish you all the best of luck. Just know that whoever you are, where ever you find it, it will never be narrowed down to four letters. ;)

Oh, I wanted to add, you don't appear to me to be mentally ill.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Btw, I use both Ne and Ni pretty heavily. Most intuitive types do. Most Thinkers use both thinking functions. Most feelers use both feeling functions. None of the functions exist in a vacuum.
I've been thinking of all NFs and even ISFP, INTJ and ENTP... Now it seems to be xNFJ. Not because I wouldn't recognize Ne but because I have realized I'm Fe-user, not Fi-user. But thanks, this was a good clarification.

And, @Ntuitive, also I was physically talented. My parents encouraged me to sports but I was naturally good at it. Strategic games like ice-hockey were my thing. Maybe Se-related things made me consider ISFP but I understood my mistake quite soon, I couldn't relate to their issues that much and nowadays I know I'm not Fi-user.

I can relate to very many things you told about your life. Also I've had mental issues, anxiety, depression, even very suicidal thoughts and self-destructive behavior. I've felt like a big misfit, someone totally out of the system X. I've lost myself... I was 100 % sure I was introverted then, now I do not know anymore. I have surprised myself when I've been really talkative when one-to-one and otherwise good with people.

Oh, I wanted to add, you don't appear to me to be mentally ill.
Yeah, I agree.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I've been thinking of all NFs and even ISFP, INTJ and ENTP... Now it seems to be xNFJ. Not because I wouldn't recognize Ne but because I have realized I'm Fe-user, not Fi-user. But thanks, this was a good clarification.

And, @Ntuitive, also I was physically talented. My parents encouraged me to sports but I was naturally good at it. Strategic games like ice-hockey were my thing. Maybe Se-related things made me consider ISFP but I understood my mistake quite soon, I couldn't relate to their issues that much and nowadays I know I'm not Fi-user.

I can relate to very many things you told about your life. Also I've had mental issues, anxiety, depression, even very suicidal thoughts and self-destructive behavior. I've felt like a big misfit, someone totally out of the system X. I've lost myself... I was 100 % sure I was introverted then, now I do not know anymore. I have surprised myself when I've been really talkative when one-to-one and otherwise good with people.

Yeah, I agree.
Have you considered ENFJ?
Type 6's are considered ambiverts anyway but with a 7 wing, they're usually a bit more on the extroverted side.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
@marzipan01, yeah! But I have my own thread for that, I don't want to steal that of Ntuitive's :) Basically I can relate to both, INFJ and ENFJ. I need a lot of solitude to do my own things but I can see myself as an Fe-dom at times too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i do hve that problem [email protected] i can tell its so alike ur description, it made me crazy so mess up my parents even locked me for some weeks in my room,, the neighbours called me insane,my parents called a doctor n my mom( esfj) even cried a lot saying she doesnt know me at all, and several times i thought to blow myself up or jump from the roof or burn the house or anything else. till now im still working on it the centrel of my problem though but perhaps due to my character i never share it to anybody else frontally. yes i took the test when i was in junior high and it said im ENTP but may be due to my problem and condition it changed now im more INTP, perhaps they change because we try to solve and adapt with the condition
i dont know u well [email protected] but i hope u can solve ur prob well

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
You come across as ISTP to me.

Your text is very neatly structured, straight forward, and emotionally detached. It's concrete, practical and lack unnecessary fluff-words. Developing Fe last would indicate this the most - if you were INFJ then it would be kinda weird to develop your Auxiliary function dead last. INFJ and ISTP share the same functions the same way that INTJ and ISFP share functions.

Before you disregard ISTP because you're too iNtuitive to be a mechanic, consider that Jung himself seems to have been an ISTP.

What confuses me the most is that when I was younger, in elementary school up to high school, I was completely different. I don't think I was very Ni until high school. And really, I think I had characteristics of ENFP, INFP, ISFP and I was very physically active before that, with possible Se. I made jokes in class. I was somewhat popular and influencial. People liked to copy me. I was extremely random and kind of outgoing which makes me think I could have been ENFP. I was also very coordinated and was able to learn things quickly. I'm also very creative especially with music.
This makes me think Pair Ti+Se > Pair Ni+Fe.

Half way through high school I started to think more holistically and had big ideas and realizations about patterns and systems, and developed interests in studies like demographics, statistics, and anthropology and used Ni more for the first time. However on the outside with friends I was funny and random.
I find this very Ti+Se, and even more so as it would be logically impracticable to have Ti+Se BEFORE Ni+Fe, yet claim that Ni+Fe is your main pair. That doesn't make much sense, and I have a strong suspicion that you'll agree.

In my junior year of high school I had been stressed out from lack of sleep and I guess thinking too much, and I had a whole bunch of energy then crashed into a deep depression and was diagnosed with Bipolar 2. I went to doctors for therapy and medication but they weren't helping very much so I decided to figure life out on my own. But since I felt such strong emotions for the first time, it made me feel empathetic for everyone and realize that people have their own struggles. Around this time I started to become Fe.
The Ti+Ni loop of over-thinking is like an ISTP trademark.

During the next 3 years I thought about life and the way things work and I truly began to develop Ni and Ti through introspection and journaling, disciplining myself. After one year I had developed my own personal ideas about how human behavior and emotions work. That was the way I came out of my depression, by making so many connections in my mind and thinking analytically, sometimes writing my ideas and breaking them down. During this time though I was in college majoring in Anthropology, and that also stimulated the use of Ni.
Breaking the Ti+Ni loop with Se+Fe fits just right in with ISTP.

It just makes me think about who I've become, and that there are different sides of my personality. There have always been. In the past I've been called extremely quiet, and at other times very outgoing. Then When I got older into college I was called intellectual and many people told me they have never met anyone like me. I care a lot about having friends and not always being alone, although I spend most of my time alone.
Yep, Jung's intellectual depth still seems to be unmatched most of the time. The strong part about being an intellectual S is that the theories that are interesting are more often than not theories that has a potential practical application or value.

The most consistent type I feel is the one I attribute to INFJ. When I look in the forums of the other types, the only one that interests me is the INFJ one. To me the topics and threads are relevant with relevant posts that I can relate to and appreciate thinking about. I've looked in other forums for the other personality types and they just don't interest me very much. They don't seem as constructive or revolve around ideas that I find important.
ISTP, look it up! When I did the tests I scored INFP and was confused and kept looking for iNtuitive alternatives. As such I completely overlooked ISFP due to all the bias against S: "I can't be S, I'm intellectual."

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can totally see myself from the description about yourself. I only distinguished myself as an INFP because of my strong Fi. However, I really regard myself as an extreme hybrid of INFP because on several occasions, I have been typed as INFJ and INTP. I've quoted one of my test results, and that was produced quite consistently. (See below)

I think categorisation of personality is only quite loose and what matters most is your dominant function. More importantly, people always have misconception that each individual letter is indepedent; the difference betwee INFP and ENFP is not only a letter. All the extent and order of functions are switched between the two cases. So, I would say that is the pitfall of perosonality test because categorisation cannot be perfect. Also, it is important to remember that saying Fi is dominant doesn't mean that you don't have Fe, this just imply your tendency towards Fi. A normal human being should have all the functions, what matters is the order and the strength of those functions.

I believe functions can be developed and don't be surprised you have strong Ne and Ni at the same time. Some tests say my Ti is even stronger than my Fi and conclude that I might be an INTP!! I guess the confusion is only that I can use different parts of my mind at different times, really. That's what make everyone unique!

Cognitive Process
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)
*********************** (23.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si)
************************** (26.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)
********************************* (33.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te)
**************************** (28.6)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti)
************************************ (37.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)
************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi)
**************************************** (40.8)
excellent use

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Inguz I looked into the ISTP forums. I related a little bit but the main differences I see are that I don't live in the moment very much nor do I have any interest in fixing or building things. I actually consider myself to be impractical compared to most people. I've been very creative for most of my life. I do agree that I dislike fluff, usually when I'm reading though. I love reading the news and non-fiction because it's very detached and purely informative. As soon as I see any subjectivity I start to lose interest and question how factual it really is, if that makes sense. I've also been emotional for most of my life, at least I thought so until I became extremely depressed and really felt strong emotions.

I have thought of the possibility of being more of an intellectual ISFP. I've also wondered in the past about the relation between the sensing function and intellect, and also kind of questioned the likelihood of that being the case. A couple things make me feel different than INFP, although I relate a lot to what I read in the forums, and also I think I've met a couple INFPs. To me it seems like INFPs have this attitude that life and the world is against and that it gets in the way, which doesn't make sense to me. (not trying to stereotype anything. If anything I'm referring to my friend and several posts I've seen on the forum). I don't have that at all.

To me It's not life and people against me. it's in some way turned around in a way I can't describe. That's why I've felt more Fe. With all the emotions I feel life is very hard sometimes, but I don't feel victimized or that I'm living in a world that should be perfect. I have before, but not for most of my life. Another thing I don't relate well with INFPs/INFJs (still not trying to stereotype, just based on what I've seen) is that I'm not much into literature or poetry. I mean, I'll write poems, but in a way that is completely my own and not based on known patterm, or not one that I know of since I haven't been interested in the first place. I also dislike reading in general. I can't stand novels but I like non-fiction texts e.g social science, science, news. Even at that I still don't like to spend time reading the details. I just kind of like skimming over it.

Also, I haven't liked being so much of a non-conformist, or wanting to be completely original. I have my share of quirks but only did I really embrace them when I was younger. I was really funny in a weird random way. I'd get ideas out of nowhere. I relate to possibly being ISFP in some of the above statements, and also the fact that I'm very good at music, and learning hands on. How else can someone learn to actually "do" something? I do understand conceptual theories though. It kind of never made sense to me how an ISFP could be both a realist and an artist, almost two different modes of thinking in my opinion, when considering the major difference in imagination and creativity. One other thing that I feel separates me from ISFP, correct me if I'm wrong, is that I'm not really into my senses very much. I'm more in my head. I have a couple friends who I'm pretty certain are ISXP and they are very in tune with all of their senses, whereas I'm pretty uninterested. I do live in the moment when I'm actually actively doing something. The INFPs (I think) who I've met don't seem to be as fast pace as I can be, although most of time I'm very very laid back. The ISXP friends that I have seem to have a similar energy level but don't seem to be as intellectual. I know one who can be but even at that he still lives way more in the moment than I do.

My best friend is more or less an ESFP. My other good friends I think are ENXP. I don't know if I've met any INFJs. I get along with my INFP friend on an emotional level. Then there are 3 ISFP (i'm pretty sure) friends who I get along in different ways. One is more through an intellectual way, the other through an artistic way, and one through more of a friendly way. They are very different from each other but all value living in the moment.

One of my really good friends who is an ENXP seems to get along with me on a very very Ne level. I have 3 ESFP friends who seem to have some sort of Ne just not quite as imaginative. Overall I feel like they are better friends in many ways than the ENXP friends I have, who seem to lack a deeper emotional connection with me.

Those are some reasons why I could be more ISFP/INP/ENFP

On the other hand, I've related to INFJs in their more practical and realistic approach to handling emotions. The INFPs and ISFPs definitely have a different vibe than INFJs. Haven't met any INFJs IRL to my knowledge but relate to them online in many ways. I feel INFJ when I'm alone thinking and analyzing things using Ni. And also a little bit around others using Fe. I'm stilll very quiet though. I still just get along with and relate to a lot of people, espectially SFP NFP types.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
You come across as ISTP to me.

Your text is very neatly structured, straight forward, and emotionally detached. It's concrete, practical and lack unnecessary fluff-words. Developing Fe last would indicate this the most - if you were INFJ then it would be kinda weird to develop your Auxiliary function dead last. INFJ and ISTP share the same functions the same way that INTJ and ISFP share functions.

Before you disregard ISTP because you're too iNtuitive to be a mechanic, consider that Jung himself seems to have been an ISTP.
Jung was an INTP. Major difference between ISTP and INTP = Ni vs. Ne. Ne is long winded theoretical. Ni is more difficult to express. Usually a series of details leads to the bigger picture.

This makes me think Pair Ti+Se > Pair Ni+Fe.

I find this very Ti+Se, and even more so as it would be logically impracticable to have Ti+Se BEFORE Ni+Fe, yet claim that Ni+Fe is your main pair. That doesn't make much sense, and I have a strong suspicion that you'll agree.

The Ti+Ni loop of over-thinking is like an ISTP trademark.
NTs and ISTPs both have Ni-Ti loops. On paper, they look very similar.

Breaking the Ti+Ni loop with Se+Fe fits just right in with ISTP.

Yep, Jung's intellectual depth still seems to be unmatched most of the time. The strong part about being an intellectual S is that the theories that are interesting are more often than not theories that has a potential practical application or value.

ISTP, look it up! When I did the tests I scored INFP and was confused and kept looking for iNtuitive alternatives. As such I completely overlooked ISFP due to all the bias against S: "I can't be S, I'm intellectual."
I agree S's can be intellectuals. The difference between an intuitive type and an sensing type is in details vs. theory. Sensing types who are intellectuals are terribly gifted in details. I would venture to say that sensing types can sometimes be better in the academic setting than intuitive types because they are immensely detail oriented.

Sensors also pride themselves on being practical. I know ISTps who grumble about the impracticality of intuitive pursuits. I know many sensors who say to me that learning, school, lots of theory, simply aren't their primary interest. I also know sensors who are good at intuition in the classroom but don't use it all the time. It isn't their preference. That is the definition of a sensor. Someone who:

~prefers practical application over theory
~prefers action over musing in one's head
~uses their head to pursue action
~is more physical and practical than abstract and deliberating
~is down to earth more than head in the clouds
~prefers details over big picture
~lives in the here and now

Si is past and present oriented but it is still detail oriented. Takes all the smells, colors, shapes, sounds, etc. and compares it to all the smells, colors, shapes, sounds, etc. one has experienced before.

Se is very present oriented--noticing the smells, colors, shapes, sounds, etc. that are here presently. Se is the territorial and physically competitive function.

Ne sees the whole room and the perception is guided by Si data.
Ni sees the future and past and is guided by Se data.

Point is, only you can discern which functions you prefer. We all have access to all the functions. It's a matter of which one you prefer and that can only come through self reflection.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
@marzipan01 That's fairly nonsensical bias against S. In the exact same way a lot of Ns doesn't give a rats arse about abstract theories. Even if you are right in broad terms and generalizations then you're still not helping @Ntuitive finding his type. There are Ss that are more in their heads than in the moment, and I am one of them.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@marzipan01 That's fairly nonsensical bias against S. In the exact same way a lot of Ns doesn't give a rats arse about abstract theories. Even if you are right in broad terms and generalizations then you're still not helping @Ntuitive finding his type. There are Ss that are more in their heads than in the moment, and I am one of them.
Yeah, you're right. I don't really know.

Still, though, Jung was an INTP.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
@Ntuitive If you like me can find your main F or T function then we're already half way there. Like me, I'm Fi in either two of my main functions, which leaves me with 4 possible types out of 16. Knowing that I'm heavily introvert makes me able to conclude that I'm IxFP. Out of the two INFP and ISFP it's ISFP that fits me personally.

ISxP with developed Ni are going to be a bit of S/N-ambivalent.
ISFP
Dom: Introvert Feeling
Aux: Extroverted Sensing
Ter: Introverted Intuition
Inf: Extroverted Thinking

ISTP
Dom: Introverted Thinking
Aux: Extroverted Sensing
Ter: Introverted Intuition
Inf: Extroverted Feeling

Compare that to the You might be an ENTJ if:
"- your brain is filled with tonnes of random useless facts"
"- you view everything through the cost-benefit prism "

Remembering facts and being practical is generally considered to be Sensor traits as foretold by @marzipan01 . However, as ISxP and ENxJ have Se/Ni on Aux/Ter there will be a lot of gray areas between their S/N. Living inside your head does NOT disqualify S over N, it's about what your base pairs are, not how you use them.

I don't know if this helps you any. ISTPs can be emotional as well, it's just that emotions are more likley to drain an ISTP compared to an ISFP getting drained from using Te, even though the ISFP may be very good and adept at it considering that it's an inferior function.

@marzipan01 Jung was ISTP, his humbleness to reality going on without him is blatantly obvious (Se>Ne). And to not forget, his theories are practical.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@marzipan01 Jung was ISTP, his humbleness to reality going on without him is blatantly obvious (Se>Ne). And to not forget, his theories are practical.
I disagree.
His theories had no practical application. They were merely explanations/observations/coalescing a bunch of other theories from random contexts into shaping his understanding of reality (Ne). It was myers-briggs and socionics which brought it to some form of practical application. Still these theories have little practical application. They're merely informative, theoretical, which means they can be used however you like.

Furthermore, I'm an ENTP and I'm humble about reality. It's the NF's and NTe's that are lofty and idealistic. Ne-Ti just wants to understand the world.

Also, don't forget that Jung was deeply fascinated by the esoteric. He was into deciphering symbols of the unconscious. He wrote books on paranormal, synchronicity, and aliens (all the extra sensory perceptions of intuition).

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Hello,

I have a story behind the confusion of my type. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

When I first took the test I didn't know about the functions, so originally I tested INFX. I thought maybe I was INFP because I didn't test strong J and felt like I was 'late to my appointments'

When I learned about the functions though I felt like I was probably dominant Ni, Fe. It made sense to me more than INFP. I do feel strong Ne though, when I'm with others. We'll laugh about things we imagine.

I don't encounter people too often who I get to use Ne with. Some of my really good friends though who I think are ENXP types I can relate with Ne. I'm an extremely laid back person though. I thought maybe it's Type 9.

Some time during college I reunited with some friends from high school and they were sort of surprised by how philosophical and intellectual I was expressing myself through the use of Ni. I was no longer making jokes about stuff or being so random. I was thinking before speaking and trying to phrase things correctly.

This whole time I had still struggled through college with despression and anxiety and wasn't taking medicine. I learned to kind of detach myself emotionally from my own identity in a way that I think lessened the Fi.

In the beginning of my senior year in college I went into a hypomanic episode and my mind was just out of control so I finally acknowledged that the problem I have is beyond my control, even though I tried so hard without medicine or therapy. I decided the mature thing to do was to see a doctor again and take medicine. I got a lot better and my mood stabilized

I feel both Ni and Ne now. I'm very Ni when I'm alone analyzing things, or with someone I can have an intellectual conversation with. I can break anything down into each component it's made of, and put them all together into a whole. But since I'm happier these days, I'm a little more of my previous self, though I've developed a lot of Fe.

I changed in so many ways from when I was younger and people noticed it. I attribute it to becoming more mature but also the change in my thought process when overcoming my depression, and feeling a lot more empathetic and focused on the emotions of others around me. I feel very Ni, Fe, Ti, Se. But whenever I'm with old friends these days I can snap right into Ne and we'll start laughing at all kinds of things around us and make scenarios etc. I have Ni conversations with some of them though.

Thanks for reading.

Interesting. I went through a long period of not being able to find my type due to PTSD as well. Mental problems can definitely stand in the way of a person finding their type.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I disagree.
His theories had no practical application. They were merely explanations/observations/coalescing a bunch of other theories from random contexts into shaping his understanding of reality (Ne). It was myers-briggs and socionics which brought it to some form of practical application. Still these theories have little practical application. They're merely informative, theoretical, which means they can be used however you like.

Furthermore, I'm an ENTP and I'm humble about reality. It's the NF's and NTe's that are lofty and idealistic. Ne-Ti just wants to understand the world.

Also, don't forget that Jung was deeply fascinated by the esoteric. He was into deciphering symbols of the unconscious. He wrote books on paranormal, synchronicity, and aliens (all the extra sensory perceptions of intuition).
It was a bait, though now I'm not quite sure how to interpret this. My fascination for the esoteric makes me N>S? No, I want to abide by saying that being interested in X over Y doesn't mean that you're S or N, and in promoting these ideas causes more confusion than clarity.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It was a bait, though now I'm not quite sure how to interpret this. My fascination for the esoteric makes me N>S? No, I want to abide by saying that being interested in X over Y doesn't mean that you're S or N, and in promoting these ideas causes more confusion than clarity.
But he used Ne more than Ni. ISTPs use Ni more than Ne.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts