Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I posted this in INTJ and would love INFJs input, too.
I've scored as INFJ all my adult life with an exceptional preference towards Fe. This past year I'd experienced a few traumas from individual people in my core group, and an unfamiliar group I lived with for half a year through Americorps, a farm for adults with special needs, and wonder if this may have pushed me out of Fe to Ti. I am also wondering if anyone else has similar experiences where their type may have changed due to an experience.

The individuals in my core group consisted of my reiki master whom I confided in and led me through a difficult time, to the other side. Another side of the other side, but thats another matter.

The farm ended up being an Anthroposophical cult. I was emotionally isolated by the group after resisting participation in Anthroposophical activities (which is against Americorps policy. I'm working on pressing charges). The icing on that slice o traumatic cake was I was sexually pursued by a long term coworker who wouldn't cease per my request. When I spoke to my mentor and executive director of the Matriarchy they swept it under the rug and didn't put files on the notes in my nor his folder. In the end I left.

I used to be spiritual and believe in God, soul mates, spirits, clairvoyance. Now I don't. I don't because I've realized so many of the people around me who claimed to follow the same moral code didn't. They were all full of sht. Believing Bullshit by Stephen Law is a fantastic book for anyone curious about how to derail and detect bull.

I've been digging into Christopher Hitchens, Harris, Sagan, and other Atheist literature. Before, my subjective experience of reality was enough to convince me what I believed was true.
I took the MBTI today and found I am nearly split on my Fe Ti preferences.
I'd really like to hear some insights from other folks who may have experience similar rapid shifts in preference or some feedback.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
To be honest 'degrees of resonance' and self perceptions alter much more than simply what we think should be true one day to the next.
In the (fairly recent) past I would nearly always identify as an INFJ (sometimes INFP) but these days xNTx is what I get on tests because my life situations have required me to think more scientifically, assess facts over idealisms and to adopt a more practical business mindset (capitalism and survival define much), however I also have enough self awareness to know what my core self actually looks like and the fact that a test result can't detract from this unless I let it.
Personality traits or theories aside no one is always kind/indifferent, good/bad, insightful/uninformed, empathic/apathetic, wise/foolish or conscientious/reckless everything is experienced along a continuum (even MBTI or enneagram inclinations one day to the next).

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
INFJs and INTJs are on different judging axises. INFJs are on the Ti-Fe axis while INTJs are on the Te-Fi axis. It can be tricky to figure out which one is a better fit for you. I know I struggled with it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hello!

I posted this in INTJ and would love INFJs input, too.
I've scored as INFJ all my adult life with an exceptional preference towards Fe. This past year I'd experienced a few traumas from individual people in my core group, and an unfamiliar group I lived with for half a year through Americorps, a farm for adults with special needs, and wonder if this may have pushed me out of Fe to Ti. ....
Merrily met, Livingston!

From what you tell about the 'farm' (an "Anthroposophical cult"), it seems likely that you were, indeed, 'pushed out of Fe to Ti'. It's called the "Ni-Ti loop", the INFJ version of a Dominant-Tertiary loop.

Here's a pretty good description ...

I'm sorry, what is a Ni-Ti loop?
ref. Sage, I'm sorry, what is a Ni-Ti loop?http://thanks2banks.tumblr.com/post/87936405610/im-sorry-what-is-a-ni-ti-loop

The Ni-Ti loop is a common terminology for INFJs experiencing a shut down. It usually occurs after way too much stress, traumatic events, and shitty people making the INFJ feel like it's doing more harm than good and thus kicking it out of its auxilary placement, into the teritary position- where Ti gets enough experience points to level up to auxiliary from tertiary. Being an Introvert, those two introverted functions (Ni and Ti) often make the INFJ come off a bit more aloof than usual, a bit more bitter than usual, and with strong emphasis on logical over feeling approaches.

This benefits parttime, it gives the INFJ time to contemplate objectively 'What went wrong' in life, and helps them establish boundaries without that 'But I feel bad' voice in the back of the head. From there they become stronger and more matured, respectable but at some point HAVE to get their Fe back healthily in check otherwise the INFJ will become too cold for their own good and too bitter to be appreciated. The functions will go toxic.

You are only considered in an official 'loop' if you have been in it a month or longer.

This article is very good and goes into more depth ...

Dominant-Tertiary Loops and Common Personality Disorders
ref. http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html

There is an alternative possibility to consider: You could be "in the grip" of your Inferior function, Se. Basically, stress overburdens your Dominant-Auxillary Ni-Fe and so your Inferior Se takes over as Dominant.

The Ni-Ti loop seems (to me) more likely; but, if you would like to read about being "in the grip" ...

MBTI How to get out of the grip (search)

Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: Form of the Inferior Function

What Each Myers-Briggs Type Does In A Rut (The Rise Of The Inferior Function)

How to Get out of the Grip

The MBTI® Test: Are You In The Grip? (covers INTJ & INFJ, ISTJ & ISFJ, ESTP & ESFP)

Definitive Solutions for Escaping and Preventing the Se Grip (for INFJ & INTJ)

Although approaches to correcting the conditions vary somewhat in specifics, the basic idea comes down to getting outside for walks and similar exercising along with relaxing to banish stress.

Good luck in healing!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geez, you guys should read the thread in INTJ about this. I really put myself in the sharktank :bored:

I appreciate your responses. Yes, it seems my Fe and Ti are more balanced. @TheDude - Thank you for the video, I am watching it now :love_heart: I have no doubt my type: 81% Introversion, 74% Intuitive, 52% Feeling, 79% Judging. Perhaps I wasn't clear (no, actually, I definitely wasn't!). Alas, I am not gifted with words. Painting is my shtick and thats a whole lot of not words.
@SiFan - Your post really hit the target- many thanks!!! :smilet-digitalpoint:

:hugs: for everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.