Personality Cafe banner

201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
The INFJ's in my life are something of an ambrosia. It's difficult to understand unless it's experienced. When I first met the significant INFJ in my life, there was almost a magnetic quality to it. Like every word we were saying was completely understood by the other. It was a scarily satisfying level of connection.

Gushing aside, I've observed a lot of spark with the few INFJ's I've met.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
INFJs have this magical psychic aura about them. If I dated an INFJ, I'm almost sure we'd be very happy together but unhappy about facing the real world together, both being reserved introverts that have their own train of thought. I guess that's one weakness they'd have to combat.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My experience has been that she gets me out of my shell and excited to be in the world. My natural tendency is definitely to hermit up, but there's nothing I'd rather do right now than go out with my INFJ. She pulls up reserves of will I didn't know were possible. She's got me going to the gym, taking trips to Seattle, writing poetry... I'm a mess.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase if you can't tell. xD

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
INFJs have this magical psychic aura about them. If I dated an INFJ, I'm almost sure we'd be very happy together but unhappy about facing the real world together, both being reserved introverts that have their own train of thought. I guess that's one weakness they'd have to combat.
What I think would be hard for an INFJ to deal with sometimes while in relationship with an INTP is how unpredictably they'd isolate themselves for some period of time. When they're done with it, they jump out and expect the INFJ to be the way he/she always is. Yes, INFJs also isolate themselves, too. But they wouldn't like the expectations of INTPs - for an INFJ to be happy, cheerful and all that stuff once he/she's back from the unpredicted isolation.
Also, I think an INFJ wouldn't like a mess their INTP partner would leave behind himself/herself, especially not the lack of will to do house chores or stick to a certain routine (playing games at defined time during the day with partner, for an example).

But yes... an INTP might see his INFJ partner as one who can't be replaced.
I've had an unfortunate experience with one...
I remember the emotion that was scattered throughout his whole face when he said that replacing me with anyone else in this world is impossible.
My breathing stopped for a few seconds back then... That was a very intense experience.

If you (male INTP) ever end up being in a relationship with a female INFJ, do this (if she loves reading books):
Let her lean on your torso with her back or just sit in front of you on the floor or bed. Hold the book in front of yourselves and read it aloud to her in any way you find appropriate.

That is something a quintessential INFJ female would highly appreciate.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
If you (male INTP) ever end up being in a relationship with a female INFJ, do this (if she loves reading books):
Let her lean on your torso with her back or just sit in front of you on the floor or bed. Hold the book in front of yourselves and read it aloud to her in any way you find appropriate.

That is something a quintessential INFJ female would highly appreciate.
Yeah, I do cute things like that. I could teach myself not to isolate randomly in a relationship..the only times I've done it are when I'm unhappy. The only place you really hit home was not following a routine, and not helping much with chores. I'd really hate doing any of that.. I'd do chores only if I HAVE to.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
As friends I suppose I'd work fine with INTP. But in the romantic department I'd work better with the INFP, as I have a more classic view on a woman and a relation. I'm interested in logical discussions and stuff, but I am much more inspired by feelings and emotions.

I'd like INTP friends, but that's about it. I simply dislike to explain feelings. INFPs get what I'm saying to an almost incredible level, but INTPs seem to be far less romantic and emotionally perceptive.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Already posted there some time ago, but thanks. :D

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I have met several INTPs via introvert meetup activities. Recently one INTP guy started messaging me to talk about the supposed INFJ-INTP attraction and MBTI love match. I think I saw him once but we didn't engage in conversation. We volleyed back and forth until his romantic interest became more obvious. I then asked him his age. After he replied, I politely told him that he's 15 years younger than me. Although age is only a number, 15 years is a bit too much (it's Demi/Ashton territory). Since then I haven't heard back from him. ;-)

·
Registered
163 Posts
My problem of the moment is that I'm not quite sure what he sees in me. I know why I like him, but he can never quite explain why he likes me.
He doesn't know that he needs to understand your Ni? The thing that attracts a INTP to a INFJ is typically your Fe. Most INFJs are warm and sociable.

·
Registered
186 Posts
He doesn't know that he needs to understand your Ni? The thing that attracts a INTP to a INFJ is typically your Fe. Most INFJs are warm and sociable.
I'm not sure he does. Sometimes he thinks it's freaky, though he tries to pretend otherwise.

He talks about his feelings in such a roundabout way that I often wonder how real they are.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm not sure he does. Sometimes he thinks it's freaky, though he tries to pretend otherwise.

He talks about his feelings in such a roundabout way that I often wonder how real they are.
Realize that an INTPs feelings are one of 2 things. Feelings are not evolved to your level. They are not aware of them at all. Often opposites attract and the thing that attracts the INTP to an INFJ is your Fe.

INFJs feel frustrated when others fail to see and appreciate them for their deeper Ni selves. While others may affirm and appreciate their Fe warmth and personableness, it is Ni, not Fe, that serves as the nucleus of the INFJ’s identity.

You have needs is what it comes down to. You want him to fully understand you the inner you. Let him know that if you are interested in building something. Let him know that you appreciate long and deep discussions. Let him know whatever you want and see if he is interested in building something with you.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
My problem of the moment is that I'm not quite sure what he sees in me. I know why I like him, but he can never quite explain why he likes me.
The way I see INTPs is a bit... disappointing really. I get this constant sense that they rationalize feelings. Which is like saying you're trying to start a fire by rubbing 2 water jets together. I know there will be arguments on how cool INTPs are and how logic is so awesome. I just don't see it. I have my own logic, so I don't need it. I do love feelings and intuition.

Let's try to make it a bit more example driven. I like the series called "Lie to me". The guy is obviously an ExTP smth smth smth. The whole movie is centered on detecting lies through logic and science. However, I can tell when there is something wrong even before they find out that there is something wrong. Little pieces that I can't explain that don't match up. They eventually get there, they notice and then I end up saying, what took you so long, it was so obvious. I may not be able to pinpoint what exactly it is as my Ni is not laser guided, but it is like a detector that beeps louder as I get close to the problem.

See? That's something actually boring about logic types. They need to take that loooooong boring trip to get anywhere. I can foresee where the road leads. They need to take quite a few steps before they can realize. Sure, I may not know the finer details of something, but I know the general details. And that's enough for me. If it's important I'll spend time learning about it. If not, I can eject and distance myself from the issue.

Nobody has time to check items one by one from a list. Get a clue! Jump to the essential stuff.

And the fact that they rationalize feelings so much is so damn annoying. Feelings are felt. Not rationalized, not explained to oneself, it's not numbers, but art. How do you rationalize art? Even if there is someone that rationalizes and actually explains how the hex color makeup of a painting influences the release of certain neurotransmitters and that is why we feel happy when we see this picture... ugh... boring. Mind melting boring. Feel it, dammit!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have met several INTPs via introvert meetup activities. Recently one INTP guy started messaging me to talk about the supposed INFJ-INTP attraction and MBTI love match. I think I saw him once but we didn't engage in conversation. We volleyed back and forth until his romantic interest became more obvious. I then asked him his age. After he replied, I politely told him that he's 15 years younger than me. Although age is only a number, 15 years is a bit too much (it's Demi/Ashton territory). Since then I haven't heard back from him. ;-)
OMG. Hilarious! Well, next time , perhaps age question should be addressed earlier lol
What's your limit in terms of age? Personally, at 33 i wouldn't date anyone younger than 28. I wouldn't mind older men as i find them more settled and generally more interesting. Having said that, there are exceptions. ENFPs and ENFJs can be very mature at young age. Well, ENFPs have childish side to them anyhow.

-Ob.

201 - 220 of 256 Posts